Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who has the fastest 350Z in the world?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2003, 07:20 AM
colt45

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hmm

Nah. It doesnt matter what you are referring to, theres no replacement for displacement. Ive fooled with b series honda motors and turbo kits. Then skipped to h series and c series honda motors with turbo kits. The larger displacement motors (3.2 v6 and 2.3 i4) have astonishing improvements over the 1.8 liters. In the long run you just can make more torque and power with the larger bore and stroke. Not to mention all of the rb26 making huge numbers are stroked to gain more displacement.

I guess what i really was asking is if anyone is aware of the composition of the vq35de block. Its aluminum but does it have nykasyl cylnders. If it does the only piston choice would be a ceramic skirt coated 4043 forged slug. The only manufacturer that has a 4043 slug is wiseco, but I need to know if the block has iron sleves or aluminum. I may have to have a custom darton sleve made for the internals? who knows

Anyone on these forums seriously messed with these cars, any managment info. I dont mean word of mouth either, im referring to direct experimentation and advice. People who have actually done this not heard it from john doe.
Old 04-22-2003, 12:02 PM
poweraddict

Default Re: just remember

Originally posted by colt45
Theres no replacement for displacement.

3.5 vs 2.6

twin turbo the 3.5, and you have all that volume to use to spool up some giant turbos.
Propane and Nitrous, great replacement.

I will have one mid-sized turbo, and lag will not be an issue. 2 Step from a dead stop, build boost off the line, wheres the lag?
Old 04-24-2003, 09:28 AM
tyndago

Default Re: just remember

Originally posted by colt45
Theres no replacement for displacement.3.5 vs 2.6
There is a replacement - its called - technology......

The RB is a strong motor . Its an inline 6 - has 7 main caps- iron block - and a girdled bottom end.

Aluminum head - solid lifters - stock 8000 rpm redline.....

Individual thottle bodies - and coil on plug....

Lets talk about 1100 hp at the wheels... . Lets talk about me taking a completely stock motor with turbo and nitrous and making 654 horsepower to the wheels . Mike F making 749 horsepower to the wheels on a stock 2.6 liter motor.....

Both motors are stock cams , stock headgaskets , 100% stock internally....

Where is there a 350 Z with 350 at the wheels ? Maybe one or two on the bottle ?

We are going to take a 350Z and turbocharge it - but I would be happy with 400 hp at the motor for now. For a pump gas - daily driver type car. I am sure in the future we will work out some of the issues that will come up with the 350 - but again there is a replacement for displacement......
Old 04-24-2003, 09:51 AM
Mr B

Default Re: Re: just remember

Originally posted by tyndago

The RB is a strong motor . Its an inline 6 - has 7 main caps- iron block - and a girdled bottom end.

Lets talk about 1100 hp at the wheels... . Lets talk about me taking a completely stock motor with turbo and nitrous and making 654 horsepower to the wheels . Mike F making 749 horsepower to the wheels on a stock 2.6 liter motor.....

Where is there a 350 Z with 350 at the wheels ? Maybe one or two on the bottle ?

We are going to take a 350Z and turbocharge it - but I would be happy with 400 hp at the motor for now. For a pump gas - daily driver type car. I am sure in the future we will work out some of the issues that will come up with the 350 - but again there is a replacement for displacement......
If you look at the new issue of Modified, Top Secret's 350z has 450+ hp at the wheels I believe. They also state that the internals are stock too. Granted, a stock VQ35DE probably won't hold 654whp, but even with that amount of horses, a rwd car won't know what to do with that much on the street. It would be interesting to see what a built VQ35DE can do though...
Old 04-24-2003, 10:28 AM
poweraddict

Good luck with the project Sean, I hope you bring it to Atlanta this year for Nopi. Bring Bert too....
Old 04-24-2003, 01:08 PM
Finality

Default Re: Re: Re: just remember

Originally posted by Mr B
If you look at the new issue of Modified, Top Secret's 350z has 450+ hp at the wheels I believe. They also state that the internals are stock too. Granted, a stock VQ35DE probably won't hold 654whp, but even with that amount of horses, a rwd car won't know what to do with that much on the street. It would be interesting to see what a built VQ35DE can do though...
Sorry I know this is going to **** someone off but does anyone have any idea when top secrets car will be out and when they will actually have a kit to sell? Rough idea? 2 months? Or more like 6?
Old 04-24-2003, 06:02 PM
phishie

if the VQ35 had all that technology, it would be better, now wouldn't it. IF everything is equal, except displacement, which motor would be better?

Old 04-25-2003, 06:47 AM
tyndago

Default Re: Re: Re: just remember

Originally posted by phishie
if the VQ35 had all that technology, it would be better, now wouldn't it. IF everything is equal, except displacement, which motor would be better?

But the VQ does not have all that technology......

The RB's replacement for displacement is technology. Revs and turbochargers....

It does not need to be a big motor - hell - its only 2.6 liters.....156 cubic inches....

Think about that 156 cubic inches.....

Its true that more displacement does have its place - but it is not always necessary or practical or legal.
Old 04-25-2003, 10:48 AM
phishie

i understand that there are ways to overcome displacement, but my point is that all thing being equal, the 2 exact same motors, but one with more displacement will obviously be a stronger motor.

and yes i know thats worded really funny, but im tired.