Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

JWT Pop-Charger and Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 11:31 AM
Z04

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

and oh yeah, the thread that has the dyno as well. simple search took less than 5 minutes

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....opcharger+dyno
Old 04-21-2007, 11:33 AM
Wired 24/7
Dr. Wired

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Please read the top 100 questions thread before starting any new threads. You will find the link in my signature.
Old 04-21-2007, 11:52 AM
cash$

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

doesnt say anything about my question which was about the warranty...
Old 04-21-2007, 12:15 PM
Track

Originally Posted by Z04
only reason you, and others, would spend three hours searching through threads is because some of you all are too damn lazy to search in the first place, therefore creating countless questions that are asked over and over again. this makes searchig for the right answer a pain in the ***. but yeah, if someone is too lazy to search, i am too lazy to help them out. it gets pointless answer the same question over and over.
here are a few really pertinant threads that took me 2.5 seconds to type into search, and find

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....ght=popcharger

and if this had been posted in the proper forum in the first place, it would have been closed immediately according to this:

https://my350z.com/forum/intake-exhaust/261870-intake-exhaust-rules-faq-you-must-read-before-posting-updated-5-21-07-a.html
You read and digested and sorted through all that in 2.5 seconds? Amazing.
Old 04-21-2007, 12:46 PM
Z04

Originally Posted by cash$
doesnt say anything about my question which was about the warranty...

no, but this post did:

https://my350z.com/forum/newreply.ph...eply&p=2823119

Originally Posted by Wired 24/7
Q: Will mods void my warranty?

A: A dealership cannot "void the warranty on the whole car" just because you have a JWT popcharger or aftermarket wheels. If they are trying to deny warranty service, they must prove that the mod caused the problem.

Of course, adding a turbo kit (for example) can put a lot of stress on the engine itself, as well as to the drivetrain. Don't be surprised if the dealer refuses to perform warranty service on a heavily modified car, that's just common sense.

This is all part of the "Magnuson-Moss" Warranty Act, which protects consumers against shady business practice by:

(In short, if they try to void your warranty and your mod could not have caused the problem, sue the bastards...)

More info can be found here
http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/...s/warranty.htm

THAT SAID, if your mod *did* cause the problem, then it's your problem and you have to deal with it.
Old 04-21-2007, 12:47 PM
Z04

Originally Posted by Track
You read and digested and sorted through all that in 2.5 seconds? Amazing.
thanks. when you properly know how to use a search function, it works every time
Old 04-21-2007, 01:24 PM
Track

Originally Posted by Z04
thanks. when you properly know how to use a search function, it works every time
I'm the administrator at 4 different message boards (and moderate a dozen others) and I can't read that many threads in 2.5 seconds. Maybe you could give us some tips?

Does this search engine even handle a boolean search? I've tried, but from the varied results I get, I cannot even tell.

I guess the worst part is all the conflicting information.

If you listen to some members, the Pop-charger causes engine stalling. According to others, it is the best thing since naked cheerleaders and works flawlessly.

There seems to be more "voodoo" at work here than simple science. And who the foook can read that washed-out dyno chart? It is as meanlingless as one of my crayon drawings I make each Wednesday at dollar pint night (although my crayon drawings are the best, because the other kids don't know how to mix the colors so my parrots look better).
Old 04-21-2007, 01:54 PM
Z04

I'm the administrator at 4 different message boards (and moderate a dozen others) and I can't read that many threads in 2.5 seconds. Maybe you could give us some tips?

Does this search engine even handle a boolean search? I've tried, but from the varied results I get, I cannot even tell.

I guess the worst part is all the conflicting information.

If you listen to some members, the Pop-charger causes engine stalling. According to others, it is the best thing since naked cheerleaders and works flawlessly.

There seems to be more "voodoo" at work here than simple science. And who the foook can read that washed-out dyno chart? It is as meanlingless as one of my crayon drawings I make each Wednesday at dollar pint night (although my crayon drawings are the best, because the other kids don't know how to mix the colors so my parrots look better).
tell you what Scott, i already said why this search engine is not the best, and what i meant by the 2.5 second was the total time it took me to type in popcharger, and hit the search function. i just picked out the more relevant by skimming through them. also it shows how many times this issue and questions have been asked. if this was done o one of your "other boards" i am sure you would either close them for redundancy, or delete them to keep the server clean. either way, i got nothing personal against you at all, so don't think that. (i am sure you even know me very well ). just like a majority of those here, i get tired of the same questions being asked over and over again
Old 04-21-2007, 02:13 PM
Track

Originally Posted by Z04
tell you what Scott, i already said why this search engine is not the best, and what i meant by the 2.5 second was the total time it took me to type in popcharger, and hit the search function. i just picked out the more relevant by skimming through them. also it shows how many times this issue and questions have been asked. if this was done o one of your "other boards" i am sure you would either close them for redundancy, or delete them
On some boards, one of my mods might do that, but not me. I prefer to answer the question, post a link to where I found it, and lock the thread and prune it later to keep the database clean.

IMO, if someone has to spend hours and hours on a board sorting through conflicting reports and opinions to answer one simple question, the board becomes kinda useless. A person could spend those hours searching the www or calling shops instead and never need the board.

As you noticed, it was not I who asked the question, but I've run across the same problems trying to get that same answer here, and it irritates me when someone takes the same amount of time as it would take to answer the question to make a smartass remark instead. Yes, people should search more. AND yes, members should also refrain from cluttering the board with "cute" answers with questionable motives.

(i am sure you even know me very well ).
No, I don't. I can count the Z-owners I know on 1 hand, but I appreciate your help. I followed all your links and have a better understanding of what is involved now (thanks for saving me more hours of frustration), but I still have not found an answer to my question. This board is just too big for me and no one seems to agree on anything.

Do you live in Houston?
Old 04-21-2007, 02:22 PM
black06z

it will not void the warranty, unless you damaged the MAF sensor while installing it by someone other than the dealership.
Old 04-21-2007, 02:46 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Most likely the service manager will tell your mother what you did. Then you will be grounded for a week. Sorry.
Old 04-21-2007, 02:48 PM
Track

Originally Posted by davidv
Most likely the service manager will tell your mother what you did. Then you will be grounded for a week. Sorry.

Dave, I may have to quote you on that one in so, so many different places.

You are a very bad influence, you know.
Old 04-21-2007, 04:00 PM
hardrock905

That's wonderful. However, you are just a member of this site and shouldn't encourage others to go against forum policy.
Old 04-21-2007, 04:15 PM
dbasal

Originally Posted by Zya123
They told me that it will void my warrenty , I might go back and ask again and see if they will change there mind
All dealers will do that to try to do anything to say your warranty is voided so that they can get the cash they want.

Just go in with the information provided previously about them having to prove that your mod caused the problem.

If all else fails call Nissan Consumer Affairs or go to another dealer.

Add that dealer here:

https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z/265795-list-of-dealerships-not-to-work-with.html
Old 04-21-2007, 04:56 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM
Premier MemberSuper Moderator

Received 2,333 Likes on 1,681 Posts

If you could have a problem , take the 5 minutes to swap it out.
Old 04-21-2007, 05:59 PM
Track

Originally Posted by hardrock905
That's wonderful. However, you are just a member of this site and shouldn't encourage others to go against forum policy.
And you are also a "member," but a member who needs to learn to read.

I had no communications with the OP at all and you have no reason to be communicating with me. F.O.
Old 04-21-2007, 06:24 PM
Agentman03

Bought my Wolf PopCharger from Courtesy Nissan , Nothing about Voiding any Warranty ...
Old 04-21-2007, 06:32 PM
blackstealthz

more bickering
Old 04-21-2007, 07:21 PM
Track

Originally Posted by blackstealthz
more bickering
So you couldn't help but join in, right?

Let's bicker about bickering!
Old 04-22-2007, 12:24 AM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

On some boards, one of my mods might do that, but not me. I prefer to answer the question, post a link to where I found it, and lock the thread and prune it later to keep the database clean.

IMO, if someone has to spend hours and hours on a board sorting through conflicting reports and opinions to answer one simple question, the board becomes kinda useless. A person could spend those hours searching the www or calling shops instead and never need the board.
Most of us understand your frustation, but as an admin, you have to understand this question, like many others, come up repeatedly. Hence, this is why someone took the initiative and created the "Top 100 Questions of My350z". If everyone who had a question took 5-10 minutes (not three hours) to skim that thread, I'm sure a good portion of repeat posting could be avoided.

However, feel free to bicker on!

Quick Reply: JWT Pop-Charger and Warranty