Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

JWT Pop-Charger and Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 10:03 PM
cash$

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JWT Pop-Charger and Warranty

Has anyone had any trouble with a nissan service department voiding the car's warranty over a pop-charger? Does it legitimately void the warranty or no?
Old 04-20-2007, 10:17 PM
Kevins350z

Originally Posted by cash$
Has anyone had any trouble with a nissan service department voiding the car's warranty over a pop-charger? Does it legitimately void the warranty or no?
Old 04-20-2007, 10:18 PM
hotdevil46

no it shouldnt...i took my car in for a check about an apparent lack of power and they didnt say anything about my pop charger....if im not wrong, i remember him sayin its just a air filter...haha
Old 04-20-2007, 10:41 PM
Korki Buchek

Keep your stock box.
Old 04-20-2007, 10:43 PM
cash$

why? (06' MT)
Old 04-21-2007, 01:03 AM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Partially it could void your warranty for the stock airbox and MAF sensor. However, if they try and say your tranny broke because you used a Popcharger, thats a bunch of malarky.
Old 04-21-2007, 01:08 AM
CaliTouring

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have intake and exhaust and ive never had a question about them at the dealer
Old 04-21-2007, 04:17 AM
bailey bill

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cash$

Dealerships/manufacturers can NOT "void your warranty". The CAN deny specific cleaims if they can PROVE and aftermake part casued the problem.

"Under the Magnuson-Moss Act, a dealer must prove, not just vocalize, that aftermarket equipment caused the need for repairs before it can deny warranty coverage. If the dealer cannot prove such a claim — or it proffers a questionable explanation — it is your legal right to demand compliance with the warranty. The Federal Trade Commission administers the Magnuson-Moss Act and monitors compliance with warranty law."

http://www.dummies.com/WileyCDA/Dumm...e/id-2669.html

bill
Old 04-21-2007, 05:00 AM
HDPDZO6

Originally Posted by hotdevil46
i remember him sayin its just a air filter...haha
It is just an air filter...
Old 04-21-2007, 05:06 AM
Zya123

They told me that it will void my warrenty , I might go back and ask again and see if they will change there mind
Old 04-21-2007, 05:09 AM
Z04

simple answer. no it will not void your warranty
Old 04-21-2007, 05:17 AM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by Zya123
They told me that it will void my warrenty , I might go back and ask again and see if they will change there mind
Those idiots have to prove your pop charger did any damage!
Old 04-21-2007, 06:47 AM
Ztalker

just wondering if anyone seen the dyno results between the stock airbox with K&N filter and Popcharger? i'm curious.
Old 04-21-2007, 07:57 AM
Z04

Originally Posted by Ztalker
just wondering if anyone seen the dyno results between the stock airbox with K&N filter and Popcharger? i'm curious.
search maybe, since this has been discussed numerous times since this board has been up
Old 04-21-2007, 08:08 AM
bailey bill

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Zya123
They told me that it will void my warrenty ...
They lied!

bill
Old 04-21-2007, 08:34 AM
Fletch69z

It won't unless it caused the problem.
Old 04-21-2007, 09:32 AM
Track

Originally Posted by Z04
search maybe, since this has been discussed numerous times since this board has been up
Can't anyone answer a simple question? Was it really that much easier to tell him to go search than to just answer his question (or maybe you don't know the answer, but felt the need to reply anyway?).

I'd like to know the answer to this too, but does it make sense for me, or anyone else, to spend 3 frustrating hours, sorting through hundreds of threads to find a simple "yes or no" answer?

If you are unwilling to share your knowledge, then what good are you? What is the point of a forum? I know, I know... the stock answer is "What is the good of the "search" function?"

There is such a thing as efficiency. If he was looking for a "how-to" or a question with many opinions and long explainations, then I agree, a search should be performed. But for gawd's sake, this was just a "yes or no" question!"

So... does anyone know the answer?
Old 04-21-2007, 09:39 AM
Track

Myself, I've been searching for more info on the Pop-Charger because I'm skeptical (and don't like the way it looks).

I've read (during my SEARCH on this forum) that the ECU eventually compensates for Pop-Charger and you end up right back where you started.

Can anyone verify this? There are threads in this forum that state both answers. Did anyone ever come to a consensus on this?

I've also read (here) that the Pop-Charger gives the exhaust a deeper sound and more aggressive note. That sounds reasonable because I've experienced this with other CAI systems on other cars.

But what about the K&N panel filter? Any change in sound with that? Deeper notes? More pronounced intake sound? Anyone here ever tried both?

Sorry for all the questions and thanks in advance for any help anyone may be willing to offer. If there is a good thread on this, please point me to it. I've sorted through dozens and dozens and have reached no conclusion yet.

Thanks.
Old 04-21-2007, 10:09 AM
RaptorZ

Originally Posted by Track
Can't anyone answer a simple question? Was it really that much easier to tell him to go search than to just answer his question (or maybe you don't know the answer, but felt the need to reply anyway?).

I'd like to know the answer to this too, but does it make sense for me, or anyone else, to spend 3 frustrating hours, sorting through hundreds of threads to find a simple "yes or no" answer?

If you are unwilling to share your knowledge, then what good are you? What is the point of a forum? I know, I know... the stock answer is "What is the good of the "search" function?"

There is such a thing as efficiency. If he was looking for a "how-to" or a question with many opinions and long explainations, then I agree, a search should be performed. But for gawd's sake, this was just a "yes or no" question!"

+1

I want to know too!
Old 04-21-2007, 11:09 AM
Z04

Originally Posted by Track

only reason you, and others, would spend three hours searching through threads is because some of you all are too damn lazy to search in the first place, therefore creating countless questions that are asked over and over again. this makes searchig for the right answer a pain in the ***. but yeah, if someone is too lazy to search, i am too lazy to help them out. it gets pointless answer the same question over and over.
here are a few really pertinant threads that took me 2.5 seconds to type into search, and find

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....ght=popcharger

and if this had been posted in the proper forum in the first place, it would have been closed immediately according to this:

https://my350z.com/forum/intake-exhaust/261870-intake-exhaust-rules-faq-you-must-read-before-posting-updated-5-21-07-a.html

Last edited by Z04; 04-21-2007 at 11:26 AM.

Quick Reply: JWT Pop-Charger and Warranty