Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

My Z is totaled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 01:10 PM
Zya123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't like flip it, once the front tires hit the dirt, the clipped the grass which turned the car over, it rolled on too its roof, If i was going fast The car would have ended up on the other side of the road since i was taking a right to get on the highway , also the insurance company did not total it, meaning there was NO frame damage
Old 04-25-2007, 04:33 PM
zkicker

Originally Posted by zstreet86
ive been looking for a good underbody pic....
Here is a better one.
Attached Thumbnails My Z is totaled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-zbottom.jpg  
Old 04-25-2007, 06:09 PM
spf4000

Originally Posted by SimonD
Actually I disagree, this is my car.

This happened on a cold wet February morning, it was 7.45am and I had just pulled away from traffic lights to join a motorway (freeway), the accident happened no more than 200m from the lights on the sliproad. I would guess I was doing no more than about 30mph when I hit oil\black ice.

I had the traffic police turn up, investigate, breathalise me and drive away. The car has since been written off due to about £22000 worth of damage (it was a full Nismo car btw). I would like it known that I wasn't being an idiot, driving fast or feeling sleepy, infact I was on the way back to the dealer for him to look at my oil consumption issues.

It can happen, it has happened so unless you experience it yourself think before saying he is BSing.

Lucky for me it means I get a new 2007 car with full Nismo kit and wheels back on it.
Neat, there's a wiper fluid tank is on the lefthand side. Is that the stock setup ?
Old 04-25-2007, 06:45 PM
Korki Buchek

A) Insurance company deciding not to total doesn't mean there is no frame damage. In fact, people hope that their cars get totaled when they are involved in big accidents because frame damage is often hard to detect and hard to fix. Hence the saying: It'll never drive the same way again.

B) It really doesn't matter if you were going 20 or 120. Cars don't go off the road and roll, flip, whatever unless you fu** up pretty big. I think people here want you to just admit that you screwed up and injured the car. That's why I've said several times "be a man and say I was screwing around and messed up my car." Then move on. Repeat after me: mia culpa.

C) Are you considering selling the Z after it is repaired? This might be a good choice because you do not really know what latent problems there might be with it due to undiscovered damage. It might also be a good choice so you can get something sensible. Have your parents buy you a 3 series, preferably a 318 sedan.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:19 PM
DIGItonium

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jcn30127
The lambo door hinges do open normally too

To the Original Poster - Sorry for your loss. Please learn from your mishap.
Ohh.. that I was never sure about as in how far it can open up.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:44 PM
Zya123

They put it on some lazer machine to check for frame damage and there is none.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:04 PM
cubu

doesn't look like any frame damage. only things you need to worry about is how well they line up the top, pillar, bumper, and fenders, maybe some rattles, and bent/damaged suspension parts. can't see the damage of the driverside from the pics

Last edited by cubu; 04-25-2007 at 08:06 PM.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:08 PM
HighwaySpeed

Question

Originally Posted by SimonD
Actually I disagree, this is my car.

This happened on a cold WET February morning
Are those the infamous Nitto 555 tires?
Old 04-25-2007, 08:18 PM
Ichigo

Originally Posted by hardrock905
Well ya know, it happens sometimes when an obvious lie is being told.
Whether he decided to lie or everything is a blur in his memory (which I would be inclined to believe), now is not the time to step on his nuts. Unless he deliberately intended on totaling his Z he deserves some sympathy right now.

I'm sure everyone criticizing the OP has NEVER done anything stupid or without thinking of the consequences..

OP glad your OK. Thats all that matters

Last edited by Ichigo; 04-25-2007 at 08:32 PM.
Old 04-25-2007, 08:41 PM
Korki Buchek

All of us have done something stupid. Here is the problems everyone is having with his post:

a) He's young. People are biased against young drivers of Z's probably (and I hate sounding like my jackass insurance agent when I was 16) with good reason. It's a lot of car and the presumption is that a young driver who gets into a single car accident was fooling around. Hell I have almost a decade on the OP and I fool around all the time.

b) Instead of saying "I ****ed up" he said "I was driving reasonably." This kind of accident doesn't happen if you're driving reasonably in 99% of cases, period. Everyone who gets into an accident wants to place blame elsewhere. But when you get down to it, it is better to simply admit your error. If you don't know what you did wrong, chances are you'll repeat it.

c) The car flipped/rolled, whatever. To say that it happened at 20 mph is not plausible. Especially coming from the driver responsible for the accident, and especially when the police issue a reckless driving citation. Is it impossible, no. Is it a very slim chance, yes. So, people think OP is lying to make it look like he wasn't at fault.

d) The last, and probably the biggest is this. From what he said, people have inferred (and he hasn't disputed) that his parents' insurance is going to cover it. So, the fact that he destroyed a Z and will not bear any financial responsibility is irritating. Especially given how hard a lot of people on the board have had to work to be in a position to afford a Z in the first place. Combine this with the fact that he hasn't admitted that he did anything wrong and tried in the original post to frame this as basically bad luck, is why he's getting a lot of angry posts.

Everyone (hopefully) can sympathize with his loss. But there is a right way and a wrong way to deal with stuff like this.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:08 PM
Morningglorie

Not to jack the thread, but for Joe Asian who said
he's getting better
- what's the latest on Pickle? Is he conscious yet? Does he know what happened to him?

Hope he recovers completely. Head/brain injuries are horrible things.

And then I hope he buys a Corolla or something like that, if he's ever capable of driving again anyway!
Old 04-25-2007, 09:15 PM
HighwaySpeed

Talking

Originally Posted by Korki Buchek
To say that it happened at 20 mph is not plausible.

But there is a right way and a wrong way to deal with stuff like this.
Not true. If he was traveling at a forward velocity of 20 miles per hour and drove across ice covered pavement, he could easily accomplish this feat.

The right way...

The wrong way... Pity, do you want a ?
Old 04-25-2007, 10:10 PM
Korki Buchek

Yes, and if he were traveling at 60, hit the turn and got into a 20 mph lateral slide, he could also do some interesting things.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:27 AM
SimonD

Originally Posted by spf4000
Neat, there's a wiper fluid tank is on the lefthand side. Is that the stock setup ?
Yeah that's standard, it's for the headlamp washers, it's a legal requirement over here in the UK I believe, anyway NMGB (Nissan Motors Great Britain) always put them onto new cars when they arrive over here.

Originally Posted by HighwaySpeed
Are those the infamous Nitto 555 tires?
No, they are Dunlop SP9000's, they were a pretty good tyre until the back decided it wanted to lead instead of follow, what you probably don't realise is that the car is actually facing the opposite direction to the flow of traffic.

Originally Posted by Ichigo
Whether he decided to lie or everything is a blur in his memory (which I would be inclined to believe).
In all honesty I would hope that people aren't stupid enough to admit to serious fault on a website that's certainly frequented by your LEO's. We had an incident over here in the UK where a guy admitted to crashing his car and then boasted on his local car website that he was driving well in excess of the local speed limit, wasn't wearing his seatbelt and basically had been a complete dip**** when he crashed his car. What happened in his instance was his local newspaper filed a story, the local police investigated the accident, his boasting on the website and prosecuted him for all of the above offenses, why?? because he admitted them.

The OP has had his accident, he has admitted to what's gone wrong, perhaps it's BS perhaps it's not but please don't tell him to change the story now because that will lead to much more trouble for him.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:08 AM
hardrock905

Originally Posted by Ichigo
Whether he decided to lie or everything is a blur in his memory (which I would be inclined to believe), now is not the time to step on his nuts. Unless he deliberately intended on totaling his Z he deserves some sympathy right now.

I'm sure everyone criticizing the OP has NEVER done anything stupid or without thinking of the consequences..

OP glad your OK. Thats all that matters
If everything is a blur in his memory, like you believe, then the OP should not state what happened in the accident as fact. Just say I don't know how fast I was going. The OP apparently knows his speed and is not being completely honest about it.
And yes, I have done stupid things. But I can promise you I never lost control of a vehicle at 20mph and ended up on my roof. Please.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:20 AM
S8ER95Z

Originally Posted by HighwaySpeed
Not true. If he was traveling at a forward velocity of 20 miles per hour and drove across ice covered pavement, he could easily accomplish this feat.

Uh no...friction (as well as other laws of physics) still apply on ice. Going Straight on ice at 20mph could result in a spin if you can't drive to save your life (which if you are on ice might not be far from the truth). You can still take off on ice and you can still stop on ice especially going straight. If he manage to slide the car on ice it would still lose speed as it was sliding... within 5 ~ 10ft the car would be going less than 10.

Once again this could have been a freak thing...but just doesn't add up.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:25 AM
I1DER

Originally Posted by S8ER95Z
Uh no...friction (as well as other laws of physics) still apply on ice. Going Straight on ice at 20mph could result in a spin if you can't drive to save your life (which if you are on ice might not be far from the truth). You can still take off on ice and you can still stop on ice especially going straight. If he manage to slide the car on ice it would still lose speed as it was sliding... within 5 ~ 10ft the car would be going less than 10.

Once again this could have been a freak thing...but just doesn't add up.
Agreed, there could have been freak circumstances and why, IMO, people should wait for more facts before condemning someone of something besides carelessness.

But, I don't agree with what you say about what would have happened on ice(if it even was involved). There are 2 coeffecients of friction at play even on ice, static and kinetic. The slope plays a big part and all ice is not the same.

I'm still a bit upset about tattle-tale black boxes in our cars.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:03 AM
Vorais

Originally Posted by pimpin714style
"Black Box Is Only Used If The Car Is Totaled Cuz Its Not Something Thats Just Opened Up Whenever And Then Put Back In"...never said it only records when deployed.

Hehe, you think the black boxes in cars are the same as the old style aviator black boxes? The data recorder in the car is part of the ecu system and the data it logs is easily accessible. They do not need to tear anything apart to download the log thus they can do it any time they want, even when you take it to a mechanics shop for work. Many cars not only record 15-20 second intervals, but they also store such information as top speed, number of time and by how much the red line has been exceeded, and other variations that can point them to invalidate warranty work.

Exactly what the 350z records I do not know, but I am sure it is more than you hope for.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:40 AM
infamous350

i dunno about that cause they covered my trannie on my z and i been t top speed several times and redline i couldnt even tell u how much lol
Old 04-26-2007, 10:21 AM
Korki Buchek

I totally want those headlight sprayer things when I get the nismo kit. Looks stupid fresh (on the half of the bumper that is still alive).

Quick Reply: My Z is totaled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!