Zya123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2TH PWR, Yes my Z dug that trench, it sucked the car in
Old 04-23-2007, 05:11 PM
deviantZ

Originally Posted by Zya123
2TH PWR, Yes my Z dug that trench, it sucked the car in

Looks like the trench gets wider toward the end, like you snatched the wheel to the left to get back on the road. I'm hoping you know better not to do that in the future, just ride it out, wait for assistance.

The question still remains though, what sucked you off of the blacktop? Even with dirt and debris on the road, it's hard to believe you lost traction at such a slow speed, in dry warm conditions. We're you playing with the radio or something, and drifted off into the shoulder? Or were you really going faster and couldn't brake in time?

Last edited by deviantZ; 04-23-2007 at 05:16 PM.
Old 04-23-2007, 05:11 PM
gothchick

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The OP shoulda been driving an rsx... It wouldn't have even gotten a scratch.
Attached Thumbnails My Z is totaled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-hmr-1-.jpg  

Last edited by gothchick; 04-23-2007 at 05:26 PM.
Old 04-23-2007, 05:15 PM
Tubbs

Originally Posted by Zya123
Also i learned my lesson

Have you? I just thought I heard "I was just driving along..."
Old 04-23-2007, 05:22 PM
drivenCSZ

well i could maybe see how it flipped if you went off the road there, becuase the slope is steep but id feel fairly comfortable in my Z hitting a 90 degree turn at 20mph. no way your losing control at that speed unless you just werent paying attention.
Old 04-23-2007, 05:24 PM
iceburns288

I hit gravel in a decent turn (NC back road) going around 20mph and I nearly lost the back end. I kept it in line, but I can see how it's possible to lose it at such a low speed after hitting something. Especially with the stock tires .

EDIT I might also add my tires were much better than stock, and were pretty warm after driving for a while, too.
Old 04-23-2007, 05:27 PM
BRONZEE
Club Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Unfortunately life can be a very brutal teacher at times, at least you're okay, bar a few cuts and bruises and your Z is repairable. And please keep us posted on what happens.

Originally Posted by S8ER95Z
Typically they only record 15 ~ 10 seconds of data or something like that and retain it when involved in an accident.
My Z is an 04, and I've actually had a Nissan rep in my car a few times with data logging equipment, trying to trace my Z's faults. So from what I've personally witnessed, 10-15 secs data logging is about right.

Originally Posted by DavesZ#3
Nissan only started making it public in 05. Rumors were that there are some form of recording even in the 03 and 04 models. There were a couple of threads about it a few years back when it first came to light.
Would be very interested to hear more about this if there is any very recent updated information.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:30 PM
tourinz

Originally Posted by davidv
First time I have seen the underside of a 2007. Just about the entire belly is covered with plastic.
it is not a 07, look at the rims.... the plastic under the car are air defusers that are instaleed in touring and track models, for better air flow at high speeds
Old 04-23-2007, 09:15 PM
evolved326

Glad you're ok man. I thought it'd be hard to roll a Z especially at 20mph.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:19 PM
evolved326

I think those recorder boxes are in the 07's only. I read this when I was researching. +recorder boxes and -independent tire monitors. BOOOO
Old 04-23-2007, 10:10 PM
keosh

WOW!!!! i hope your the guy by the cop and are ok gosh im sorry man
Old 04-23-2007, 10:50 PM
pimpin714style

The So Called Black Box Is Part Of The Air Bag System. Thats Why Insurance Co. Always Ask If Ur Airbags Were Deployed Cuz Its Like A Little Tattle Tale.itll Tell Ur Speed And Whether Or Not Brakes Were Used,some Also Can Be Tracked By Gps. There Was A Rental Car Company Using It Against Theyre Customers To See If Vehicles Were Being Driven Out Of State And Then Hittin Them With Some Big Fee For Leaving Ca. But One Customer Got Smart And Sued For Invasion Of Privacy And Won.the Black Box Is Only Used If The Car Is Totaled Cuz Its Not Something Thats Just Opened Up Whenever And Then Put Back In. At Least Ur Still Alive And In Good Health. Goodluck. Insurance Is About To Skyrocket.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:43 PM
Z_Driver
Master

The only thing the OP has to consider is if he is telling the truth to himself. I don't believe everything I read anyways. Especially on the internet.

I'm just glad no one was seriously hurt.

It is nice to know that the roof holds up even at 20mph rollovers.

We once rolled a POS Datsun 1100 on a hairpin turn in the mountains on a rainy day. I was the passenger. We were power sliding (now called drifting)and screwing around. In a turn, we hit some wet leaves then, we caught dry road. Kind of like when you high side a motorcross bike. The car Quick flipped over on my side. We landed on the wheels again and drove away.
It was slow motion for us too. We just looked at each other

Then it was still early in the evening so drove to the drive-in movie to meet up with some chicks. After the movie we drove back to my buddies house. I spent the night. The next morning, his Dad came in the room. He was WTF happened to the car. I went home then. Later, after my buddy owned up to his Dad we were allowed to hang again with the understanding that we wouldn't try to kill ourselves for the next couple of years.

True story. It could have just as easily been me. Not likely though, since I'm a ace driver. Lol !!!

End of story - He is a respected Engineer for Lockheed designing planes to roll. I ended up staying alive as well. However, I can't say we didn't do a few more stupid things in our lives. Oh to me be young and fearless. We very easily could have ended up dead a bunch of times.

Please, just review the action and learn .... Stay alive. Life is worth living !!!!

I advocate racing on a track. You can go so much faster than on the street anyways.

Last edited by Z_Driver; 04-24-2007 at 12:05 AM.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:10 AM
alan86

must feel good to be alive
Old 04-24-2007, 12:54 AM
Korki Buchek

Every man should have a cool "I was fu*king around and flipped (or lost it, or hit a something or other)" story. It's like a rite of passage. The coolest ones are when it flips but does minimal damage to the car.

Good thing you're okay.

To me it seems plausible that the car was going around 20 at the time of the accident. From the tracks it looks like he lost it, went into the ditch and instead of staying in the ditch tried to turn downhill and back onto the road which, even at pretty low speed, will make the car do a somersault.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:56 AM
HighwaySpeed

Old 04-24-2007, 02:04 AM
halfass872

I'm sending this one to mythbusters!! Seriously!!
Old 04-24-2007, 02:30 AM
kickerxt

yeah, like so many people here im sure i have to throw the bull**** flag on this one. sorry but cars dont lose control like that and wreck when you are doing 20 mph. especially cars like that even without traction control, but maybe your car was tired too. and unforunately for the rest us im sure mommy and daddy will buy you another one, which just shows how much they dont like you. why is it people can never admit that they were screwing around in a car that they cany drive. instead its always the i was so tired or there was tons of snow excuse. ive had a few different vehicles and found they are all drivable in almost any driving condition if you drive properly. theses car are too much car for alot of people. i seriously think before a person can buy one of these cars that they should be require to take a special driving course, something like they use to do for the H1. i didnt notice whether or not you mentioned it earlier but i hope you arent a young college student because i cant imagine that a Z is the most practical car you could have owned being in college. next time you should buy a metro till you can learn to drive properly and spare the rest of us your stupidy. and what ever you do please dont buy a crotch rocket. im sure your mother would cry her eyes when she saw your brains spread out all over the highway.
Old 04-24-2007, 02:35 AM
halfass872

Originally Posted by kickerxt
yeah, like so many people here im sure i have to throw the bull**** flag on this one. sorry but cars dont lose control like that and wreck when you are doing 20 mph. especially cars like that even without traction control, but maybe your car was tired too. and unforunately for the rest us im sure mommy and daddy will buy you another one, which just shows how much they dont like you. why is it people can never admit that they were screwing around in a car that they cany drive. instead its always the i was so tired or there was tons of snow excuse. ive had a few different vehicles and found they are all drivable in almost any driving condition if you drive properly. theses car are too much car for alot of people. i seriously think before a person can buy one of these cars that they should be require to take a special driving course, something like they use to do for the H1. i didnt notice whether or not you mentioned it earlier but i hope you arent a young college student because i cant imagine that a Z is the most practical car you could have owned being in college. next time you should buy a metro till you can learn to drive properly and spare the rest of us your stupidy. and what ever you do please dont buy a crotch rocket. im sure your mother would cry her eyes when she saw your brains spread out all over the highway.

Outstanding first post!!!
Old 04-24-2007, 02:41 AM
JDMFairladyZ33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by halfass872
Outstanding first post!!!

Brutal first post.

Quick Reply: My Z is totaled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!