Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

My Z is totaled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 02:47 AM
halfass872

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I never see any G's with these problems. Oh wait...older crowd, explains alot!!
Old 04-24-2007, 03:47 AM
hardrock905

Originally Posted by pimpin714style
The So Called Black Box Is Part Of The Air Bag System.
I would love to know where you got this info from. According to you, the black box will only record speed when and if the airbag deploys? Wrong.

Also, someone stated the black box is only in the 07's. Wrong.

I love the internet.
Old 04-24-2007, 03:49 AM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by evolved326
I think those recorder boxes are in the 07's only. I read this when I was researching. +recorder boxes and -independent tire monitors. BOOOO
The first place Nissan mentioned them is in the 2005 owners manual. Rumors of their existance goes back to the 03 and 04 models.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:54 AM
S8ER95Z

Originally Posted by lightner22
No such thing?????? A single vehicle accident consists of a vehicle into a fixed object other than a second vehicle, but it is still classified as a "single vehicle" accident. If it didn't hit a fixed object there would be no damage and therefore no accident to report. There most certainly are single vehicle accidents though.
I think what he was actually saying...

There is no such thing as a single car 'accident'... typically if the accident only involves 1 vehicle someone was screwing around, drunk, just plain retarded, etc...just depends on what you actually consider an 'accident'.

Obviously many medical events could cause single car wrecks as well.. so it's not cut and dry. It is something that I've heard from LEOs from time to time though....
Old 04-24-2007, 07:12 AM
Korki Buchek

Ya, what they said. Real men say "I was driving up a canyon road and tried to push it on the corner too hard, that's why I flipped."

I was tracking my old Celica once and this guy completely lost it in a Supra TT. He gets out, looks at the damage (Which tore off nearly and entire quarter panel and half of his rear kit), laughs, and goes "****ing turns!" He then proceeds to call his body shop. Straight Mother**ckin G' Sh*T.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:22 AM
Ghost_shift

Another one!!!! Im glad your ok. Looks like a hell of a ride.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:26 AM
thekinn

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

Not sure if anyone has asked this yet. but..

Were you still in 1st gear going 20mph? and accelerating?
Old 04-24-2007, 09:40 AM
Blacryan

Originally Posted by thekinn

Curious about this too...
Old 04-24-2007, 01:43 PM
halfass872

Originally Posted by thekinn

Ahh man you just gave the OP another side to his story!
Old 04-25-2007, 03:56 AM
Zya123

I was in 2nd gear, I normally shift at 2
Old 04-25-2007, 04:57 AM
SimonD

Originally Posted by kickerxt
yeah, like so many people here im sure i have to throw the bull**** flag on this one. sorry but cars dont lose control like that and wreck when you are doing 20 mph. especially cars like that even without traction control, but maybe your car was tired too.
Actually I disagree, this is my car.

This happened on a cold wet February morning, it was 7.45am and I had just pulled away from traffic lights to join a motorway (freeway), the accident happened no more than 200m from the lights on the sliproad. I would guess I was doing no more than about 30mph when I hit oil\black ice.

I had the traffic police turn up, investigate, breathalise me and drive away. The car has since been written off due to about £22000 worth of damage (it was a full Nismo car btw). I would like it known that I wasn't being an idiot, driving fast or feeling sleepy, infact I was on the way back to the dealer for him to look at my oil consumption issues.

It can happen, it has happened so unless you experience it yourself think before saying he is BSing.

Lucky for me it means I get a new 2007 car with full Nismo kit and wheels back on it.
Old 04-25-2007, 05:45 AM
350Zenophile

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SimonD

This happened on a cold wet February morning, it was 7.45am and I had just pulled away from traffic lights to join a motorway (freeway), the accident happened no more than 200m from the lights on the sliproad. I would guess I was doing no more than about 30mph when I hit oil\black ice.

I had the traffic police turn up, investigate, breathalise me and drive away. The car has since been written off due to about £22000 worth of damage (it was a full Nismo car btw). I would like it known that I wasn't being an idiot, driving fast or feeling sleepy, infact I was on the way back to the dealer for him to look at my oil consumption issues.

It can happen, it has happened so unless you experience it yourself think before saying he is BSing.

Lucky for me it means I get a new 2007 car with full Nismo kit and wheels back on it.
I can see why he got the reaction to his post, I see some big differences in your story vs. his:
1. You were traveling 10mph faster
2. Maturity level of post indicates you are an older and more experienced driver, therefore more credible.
3. You indicate cold/wet weather conditions and hitting oil/black ice, OP simply states "The cop said i took the turn way to fast, I took it at about 20 or so and I think i steered to quickly and thats when i lost it and counter steered"
4. He was ticketed by an officer at the scene, you were not.
Old 04-25-2007, 06:04 AM
xyberai

I could see what the OP explained being plausible. Before i got new tread on the Z, going around a cornner and just goosin it a little bit (even in 2nd) the car went sideways on me while turning onto a 4 lane road. I couldnt have been goin that fast either, just gave it too much gas and had stock tires on with not much tread left. If he did something like that and went down into a huge ditch, he could have rolled it going 20mph.

With the new tread on the car though its ALOT harder to break loose and feels so much better. Im glad i got those stockers off! Since then i'v gotten the feel of a RWD with that much power and i'v never had a problem since (use to turbo FWD).
Old 04-25-2007, 06:24 AM
hardrock905

1st, you were travelling faster
2nd, you didn't flip your car on its roof
Old 04-25-2007, 07:21 AM
RedBullRR

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Not even a MiniVan would Flip over going 20MPH, trust me I tried back in my hay days. I'll tell you how I see it happening.

You turned off the VDC Button, you wanted to drift around that turn you punched it, and couldnt control it, causing you to flip over. Were all Men here we have all made mistakes, but come on man 20MPH and you flip over, anyone with common sense knows that doesnt happen.

Sorry to hear about your car, glad your okay. Hopefully you learned a lesson from this experience.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:23 AM
RedBullRR

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

You just proved it doesnt FLIP OVER going 20MPH. Sorry about your car man that sucks!
Old 04-25-2007, 08:34 AM
xyberai

Not saying this guy is completely right but 20mph sideways into a steep ditch and the tires start catching in the dirt on a hill? I could see a Z rolling over. its not like the Z flipped, from what the guy said it rolled over slowly and the damage to the roof looks like it didnt roll over hard or slam the roof.

On the other hand, the ditch doesnt look steep enough for a roll over at 20...
Old 04-25-2007, 11:48 AM
pimpin714style

Originally Posted by hardrock905
I would love to know where you got this info from. According to you, the black box will only record speed when and if the airbag deploys? Wrong.

Also, someone stated the black box is only in the 07's. Wrong.

I love the internet.
"Black Box Is Only Used If The Car Is Totaled Cuz Its Not Something Thats Just Opened Up Whenever And Then Put Back In"...never said it only records when deployed.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:41 PM
hardrock905

Originally Posted by pimpin714style
"Black Box Is Only Used If The Car Is Totaled Cuz Its Not Something Thats Just Opened Up Whenever And Then Put Back In"...never said it only records when deployed.
Then why did you say that it was "part of the air bag system" when it actually has nothing at all to do with the airbag.?
Also, the car does not have to be totalled before police/insurance will retrieve data from it.
Old 04-25-2007, 01:02 PM
lve2xlr8

Glad you're okay bud

Quick Reply: My Z is totaled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!