Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Me vs. my friend (Who is stupid?)

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 07:38 AM
Spoolin Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It seems like theres a trend between low post count and being open minded to information provided.

Go ahead do an IP check, why would I care so much about trying to get my point across that I would make new accounts to agree with myself, thats just sad....

This is an internet forum to provide information to its members. I came into this thread expecting some people to disagree with me and thats fine. Its a very controversial topic, however I did not start my original post with $#!t slinging like some of the veteren members.

BTW, theres more than 2 people who agree with me in this thread, go back and count if you want a real number to work with....
Old 04-30-2007, 07:39 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hardrock905
Also, 07TouringZ used FTW where FTL should have been used:
"Super egos FTW",

And I completely understand what Spoolin Z is trying to say, I just ain't buying it. Why because it's BS.

And here is the best part of 07TouringZ's post. He talks like he is actually Spoolin Z, lmao. He is the only other person in the entire thread that suddenly agrees with Spoolin. 07Touring only appeared to back up Spoolin after I pointed out to Spoolin that the only person that agreed with him was himself. Also check out the bold from his quote below.

Lol. 07Touring joins this month and is soooooo very impressed with Spoolins great knowledge. What a joke.

How desperate you are. You create an account to back up your other accounts BS.
IP check please!
I agree. ip check pls.
Old 04-30-2007, 07:40 AM
Spoolin Z

And I completely understand what Spoolin Z is trying to say, I just ain't buying it. Why because it's BS.
I'd appreciate a comprehensive explanation of why my information is "BS". Simply poo pooing it with no explanation gets us nowhere and gives you no credibility at all.

Disprove my information with factual information (use sources for more credibility).
Old 04-30-2007, 07:42 AM
Spoolin Z

Originally Posted by G35_TX
I agree. ip check pls.
Haha, you guys are hilarious. Why is it so hard to believe that some people will not agree with you.

I fully welcome an IP check.
Old 04-30-2007, 07:58 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Spoolin Z
I'd appreciate a comprehensive explanation of why my information is "BS". Simply poo pooing it with no explanation gets us nowhere and gives you no credibility at all.

Disprove my information with factual information (use sources for more credibility).
I posted the source. EOD.
Old 04-30-2007, 08:13 AM
Spoolin Z

Originally Posted by G35_TX
I posted the source. EOD.
Where's the explanation of why its BS? I'd like to hear it in terms of the mechanics of the transmission. Tell me HOW double clutching won't put less wear on your synchros than just rev matching....including true terminology and a source...

Remember, the point of a forum is to provide information to its members. People like to see full explanations of reasoning so they can make their own informed decisions.
Old 04-30-2007, 08:29 AM
hardrock905

Where's the explanation of why its BS? I'd like to hear it in terms of the mechanics of the transmission. Tell me HOW double clutching won't put less wear on your synchros than just rev matching....including true terminology and a source...

Remember, the point of a forum is to provide information to its members. People like to see full explanations of reasoning so they can make their own informed decisions.
Like I said before, double clutch your ***, go for it.
However, don't tell people it is the correct way to shift.
And you are correct, more than one person in the thread now agrees with you. Yourself and your newly created account for 07TouringZ.
Sad....sad....sad indeed.
Also you pointed out earlier that you have owned one or two cars before the Z.
Well, which is it? One or two? Were they even MT's. And I am wowed by your expertise and knowledge. I had no idea you had so much automotive experience seeing as how you have owned 2 or 3 cars now.

Last edited by hardrock905; 04-30-2007 at 08:31 AM.
Old 04-30-2007, 08:45 AM
Spoolin Z

Like I said before, double clutch your ***, go for it.
However, don't tell people it is the correct way to shift.
And you are correct, more than one person in the thread now agrees with you. Yourself and your newly created account for 07TouringZ.
Sad....sad....sad indeed.
Also you pointed out earlier that you have owned one or two cars before the Z.
Well, which is it? One or two? Were they even MT's. And I am wowed by your expertise and knowledge. I had no idea you had so much automotive experience seeing as how you have owned 2 or 3 cars now.
Well I've owned about 8 cars however, I only consider 3 worth mentioning...

98 cobra - 360rwhp and 380rwtq (nitrous) (only came MT)
93 stealth TT - 404awhp and 399awtq (larger turbos) (only came MT)
03 350z - 366rwhp and 330rwtq (procharged) (6sp)

The stealth had a getrag transmission which I've pulled apart on friends cars with the same transmission to find worn syncros and gears under 100k miles driving.

I'm surprised more people aren't worried about the synchros in these cars with all the posts floating around about brand new 07s and other years having synchro problems...I myself am doing my best to prevent that problem from occurring in my car by putting less stress on the synchros by double clutching.

BTW, I'm still waiting for the IP check and also an explanation of how my information is BS...
Old 04-30-2007, 08:49 AM
hardrock905

It just keeps getting deeper and deeper.
How old are you again to have owned 8 cars?
Old 04-30-2007, 08:55 AM
hardrock905

Oh, I found this post in a thread of members close to Boston. Not even out of college and you have owned 8 cars, lol.
Especially the ones you mentioned above. You're a joke buddy.

Yea I just bought it yesterday, awesome car.

I go to umass amherst, so I have an off campus apartment there, but I'm gonna graduate in 3 weeks and I'll move back to lexington, ma with my parents for a little while.

Right now, I have the car up here with me at school.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:00 AM
S8ER95Z

Originally Posted by GalvatronType_R
The reason I won't rev match is I don't feel like blipping the throttle while holding down the clutch thus wearing the clutch out. I don't know about you guys but there isn't $600+ burning a hole in my pocket for a worn clutch replacement.
600+ ??? Dear god... crawl in the driveway and save yourself 300+ dollars.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:20 AM
I1DER

It seems like theres a trend between low post count and being open minded to information provided. ....
I agree, but it doesn't seem to apply in your case. You are standing practically(if not solely) alone on this topic which gives the impression you are not open minded at all.

Furthermore it doesn't make sense that someone that could have afforded so many cars, the types you listed, went to a very expensive school, and had parents that could support you after graduation......would give a damn about a microscopic saving of syncros over clutch(even if true) more miles down the line than you have driven in your lifetime.

Spoolin, I admire your spunk, but your logic stinks and your name should be Foolin
Old 04-30-2007, 09:34 AM
bailey bill

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL...

If the number of cars owned makes you an authority, then I'm pretty sure I qualify as a real expert. I've owned about 40, and at least 30 of them were manul tranny, and at lest 20 were sport or high perfromance cars.

And I was into drag racing in my teens, and autocross and road racing in my 20's and 30's.

I don't rev-match or double clutch, and I have never had to rebuild a tranny, and never had to replace a clutch.

And I taught my wife, and my 3 daughters all how to drive manual trannies, and they never wore one out either.

There are only 3 necessary steps to shift a manual tranny:

1) Step on the clutch
2) Select the gear
3) Release the clutch

Repeat as often as needed.

bill
Old 04-30-2007, 10:11 AM
07TouringZ

for the record, I live in SC; I have no connection whatsoever to Spooling Z; if you guys are that paranoid, please do an ip check.

this thread is over.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:22 AM
I1DER

Bill, I agree it is that simple. But I can't imagine, with your experience, not unconsciously rev-matching when down shifting simply for smoother transitions. Most, including myself, don't consciously do it either. And really what most do is sound-match without ever thinking about it.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:25 AM
Korki Buchek

Every time I see this thread title I read it as: Me and my friend, who is stupid... and I think you're going to tell a story about something that happened while you were with an idiot friend.

It reminds me of the Ali G episode where he is interviewing Tom Brokaw and he asks if you can put subliminal messages into news stories by saying things like "Today President Bush, who is a dong ...."

"So you know what is the problem with Newspapers? After a few weeks they is no longer good."
Old 04-30-2007, 10:25 AM
Spoolin Z

My 5 boring cars are:

95 acura integra RS - sold
97 acura integra LS - sold
92 honda civic CX (still have it as a winter beater)
93 3000gt vr4 (bought purely to fix and sell for a profit) - sold
99 mazda 626 LX - sold

and My fun cars are:

98 mustang cobra w/NX 100 shot + bolt ons - totalled
93 stealth twin turbo - sold
03 procharged z - still driving and loving every minute

I'm 23 and pay my own college tuition partially through loans, internships and working through the summer. It is a state school and around $5500 a semester. I have nothing to hide.

I've just been gradually working my way up, I've never owned two fast cars at once and don't have my parents pay my way. And every car I've ever sold, I've made money on except for the mazda...damn thing blew a headgasket and lost me a little but what can you do.

I'm very open minded and if you haven't noticed, we've been agreeing on the fact that double clutching is NOT necessary. I chose to do it to lessen the wear on my synchros. After seeing a friends trashed tranny and how much of a ***** it was to pull and deal with, I'm doing everything I can to make sure the tranny in the Z shifts like butter the entire time I own it.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:40 AM
rkd350z

may be your friend is old school.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:41 AM
I1DER

Originally Posted by 07TouringZ
for the record, I live in SC; I have no connection whatsoever to Spooling Z; if you guys are that paranoid, please do an ip check.

this thread is over.
Paranoia isn't an issue. After awhile you will learn that some people do this crap, often by playing nubes. It is simply annoying, more so to some than others.

Relax. BTW, you simply can't appoint yourself to be a moderator that can end threads. Mods are selected by the administration for some abilities that most of us lack.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:01 AM
I1DER

I'm very open minded and if you haven't noticed, we've been agreeing on the fact that double clutching is NOT necessary. I chose to do it to lessen the wear on my synchros. After seeing a friends trashed tranny and how much of a ***** it was to pull and deal with, I'm doing everything I can to make sure the tranny in the Z shifts like butter the entire time I own it.
Based on that quote, we are not far out of agreement except that it is likely that your friend would have trashed his tranny whether he double-clutched or not. If he was double-clutching, then he missed and unnecessarily f... up his car.

Quick Reply: Me vs. my friend (Who is stupid?)