Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Richy350Z
I always sleep with the keys near me...
i second that the keys are near me
Old 05-17-2007, 11:40 PM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

considering your location says los angeles, i figured it was stolen out of LA, yes. i was wondering where it was jacked from more specifically.... LA is a big place with allllllll different kinds of neighborhoods, and i'm sure you're very well aware.
Old 05-18-2007, 05:50 AM
drewb612

hardrock, u seem to have a habit of coming into every thread and talking bs...you re now the first my350z user to go on my ignore list
Old 05-18-2007, 08:01 AM
Korki Buchek

Oh, Drew you'll be happy to know that the pop-charger appeared intact when I saw the car. Why they took the emanage but not the popcharger is beyond me. But lucky about the popcharger no less.

It was stolen from just south of Pico, near Fairfax.
Old 05-18-2007, 09:09 AM
Kegsbane

Originally Posted by hardrock905
Don't be salty just because I called you out on your BS story about how your dog got killed.
Btw, you never let anyone know the outcome of the police investigation.
I wonder why???
Old 05-18-2007, 09:34 AM
Nismo350Z_00

That sucks man, sorry to hear about it, i got 4 pitbulls a .45 and an AK-47!!! So id love to see someone steal my car, lol!!!
Old 05-18-2007, 09:34 AM
Nismo350Z_00

Thumbs up

Congrats on the grad though!!!
Old 05-18-2007, 01:13 PM
ArCtM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hardrock905
Don't be salty just because I called you out on your BS story about how your dog got killed.
Btw, you never let anyone know the outcome of the police investigation.
I wonder why???
I was gonna update but I didnt really like how the forum responded to my story from the start so it was better to just let it die. If you'd like I can take some pictures of the 1967 camaro with a 454 big block I got out of the deal and my 1967 gto with a 400 small block. I'll put a sign with my screen name next to it so you know they arent fake. Ohh and I'll be putting an ls2 into my Z when noahz done with his project.Thats a summary of the outcome but I bet your probably still wondering "whatelse" because your a little invertigator. BTW I didn't get a much as I thought I would but I'm content.

We ended that thread on good terms I didnt want to start anything I was just letting this guy know you like to pry and jump to conclusions. No hard feelings.

Last edited by ArCtM; 05-18-2007 at 01:22 PM.
Old 05-18-2007, 04:09 PM
hardrock905

Originally Posted by Kegsbane
You are very odd.
Old 05-18-2007, 04:14 PM
hardrock905

Originally Posted by ArCtM
We ended that thread on good terms I didnt want to start anything I was just letting this guy know you like to pry and jump to conclusions. No hard feelings.
No hard feelings here either. I just didn't like the little jab you felt the need to give me.
Why is it that over half the posts in this thread said the story didn't sound quite right, but I am the one who gets singled out? Oh well, no sweat off my *****.
I just like to cut thru the BS and try to get to the real story if something doesn't add up. That's all. I will let you in on a little secret......you can't believe everything you read on the internet.
Old 05-18-2007, 04:46 PM
NGZ

It doesn't sound like the thieves really put much thought into stealing the car. My previous car was stolen a few months ago and I went through the same thing, trying to reason out why they'd do it. I eventually discovered that there really wasn't any intelligent reasoning behind it.

They weren't professional car thieves, just opportunistic *****es looking for a joyride. And after they were done, they tried to take whatever they could and split. Judging from the things you said that they took from your car, they probably had no idea what is worth money on the Z. Shift **** and pedals? Probably some Fast 'N Furious ricer punk kids.

Sorry for your loss. +1 on what someone said a few posts earlier about speaking to the manager. You have to talk to the right insurance person; a lowly pencil pusher will just follow the manual.
Old 05-18-2007, 06:59 PM
350zWhite04

Originally Posted by AroundMyHorn
sorry to hear that.....u need dogs
they might steal your dogs too...why dont you purchase a gun...
Old 05-18-2007, 08:33 PM
Korki Buchek

I yelled at the apartment manager for a good 40 minutes yesterday and told him that if anything got stolen from my apartment again he is on actual notice that the windows are inadequately secured and he would hear from my lawyer. He gave me the name of a maintenance person to replace the locks.

The "pencil pusher" at the ins. company has already started trying to bust my *****. Yesterday, the impound yard refused to take credit card over the phone, none of the Nissan dealerships will advance the impound costs. The adjuster told me on the phone 4 times that it would work out better if I "went with one of their approved shops." I told her there was no way in hell I was going to one of her "approved shops" since I'd heard about the kind of work they do and I'm not interested in it.

Then she tries to throw in right at the end that I agree that she was only going to cover impound fees for another day and then it was on me. I basically said "I'm not agreeing to ****, if you can't do your job and figure things out with the impound yard, you can rack up all the fees you want and you can pay the bill." Less than 30 minutes later the impound fees were figured out and the car was being towed to a Nissan dealership.
Old 05-18-2007, 10:11 PM
Tubbs

Originally Posted by Korki Buchek
I yelled at the apartment manager for a good 40 minutes yesterday and told him that if anything got stolen from my apartment again he is on actual notice that the windows are inadequately secured and he would hear from my lawyer. He gave me the name of a maintenance person to replace the locks.

The "pencil pusher" at the ins. company has already started trying to bust my *****. Yesterday, the impound yard refused to take credit card over the phone, none of the Nissan dealerships will advance the impound costs. The adjuster told me on the phone 4 times that it would work out better if I "went with one of their approved shops." I told her there was no way in hell I was going to one of her "approved shops" since I'd heard about the kind of work they do and I'm not interested in it.

Then she tries to throw in right at the end that I agree that she was only going to cover impound fees for another day and then it was on me. I basically said "I'm not agreeing to ****, if you can't do your job and figure things out with the impound yard, you can rack up all the fees you want and you can pay the bill." Less than 30 minutes later the impound fees were figured out and the car was being towed to a Nissan dealership.
having my car stolen before was a horrible experience. It's at that time when you realize how little the system cares for victims of crime.
Old 05-18-2007, 10:21 PM
drooke
Banned

Originally Posted by Malikot
I had a dream mine got stolen last night... Sorry to hear about your loss man.
wouldn't that be a night mare
Old 05-18-2007, 10:37 PM
FALLEN1z

my keys are kept in my pants pocket next to my bed, and the spare keys are also next to my bed.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:09 PM
Korki Buchek

Default Update

I went out to West Covina Nissan today to pick up the car. They're great and everyone was very nice. It looks like the mechanical aspects check out, which is good. It was a little weird getting used to driving it again after driving another car for a week or so.

The body has some damage that looks repairable. It looks like they drove over something. The front bumper is banged up pretty good all around, the side skits have this horrible red paint (like curb paint) underneath. Plus they seem to have taken a few chunks out of the wheels and tires. Various other scuffs, scratches and scrapes on most of the panels. They also fuxxed up my drivers side B-Pillar somehow as well as the inside door handle. And stole my $40 Voodoo **** but left the stock $130 **** in the car.

Next stop is the body shop.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:14 PM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

glad to hear the mechanics are all good... cosmetics can always be taken care of more easily.
Old 05-24-2007, 06:07 AM
phreaktor
Design Engineer

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Sounds like a perfect opportunity to kill someone "in self-defense." Coming into my home in the middle of the night like that would be a bad bad bad idea. I'd definitely tear off the first piece of flesh I could get a hold of. Then once I had them incapacitated, I'd super glue their pee hole shut and clip their ***** to snippets with a nail clipper whilst spraying them with a windex bottle full of ammonia.
Old 05-24-2007, 06:10 AM
Korki Buchek

In order to use self-defense, you would have to be awake. Else, they would have gotten a hold of something a lot bigger than a nail clipper.

Quick Reply: Stolen