Tac-M

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

get an 07 ! you can't beat a z !
Old 06-17-2007, 08:44 PM
BRONZEE
Club Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bofa
Well, the process wasn't too bad. I took the vehicle to the dealership to meet with a third-party company to complete the return. They inspected the car for about 30 minutes and then came inside for me to complete 4 documents and handed me my check. I'm glad it's over with. Good luck to you guys that are still working on the problem.
Awesome to see you've had a positive result and probably won't walk away from the whole deal with a bad taste in your mouth metophorically speaking.
Old 07-05-2007, 07:53 AM
MechaGodzilla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just wondering, has anyone gone straight to arbitration after a failed 1st attempt to fix the oil consumption issue?
Old 07-05-2007, 12:37 PM
davids
F U StuLax18

Originally Posted by reboot
Just wondering, has anyone gone straight to arbitration after a failed 1st attempt to fix the oil consumption issue?
I am on my first test.
If a problem is found and nothing is done, then I go to arbitration. If they offer to change my engine, I go to arbitration.
Old 07-05-2007, 03:45 PM
bofa

Originally Posted by reboot
It won't work. Nissan will drag you through all of the steps and the only real accountability they have (short of hiring a decent/expensive attorney) is the lemon law.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:44 PM
billp

I find it amazing the NNA would even try to "cheat" us with the "common knowledge" that the 06 has a problem. With the forum and the other internet info, you would think that they would figure out this obvious design flaw or offer you an 07 engine. I'm glad that you prevailed. They need to get slapped with a little punitive damages to get their attention.

Last edited by billp; 07-05-2007 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Apparently hit post 30 times, I don't think so.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:44 PM
MechaGodzilla

bofa is right. If you go to arbitration without giving nissan 3 attempts to fix and you don't prove your point to the arbitrator thats it..your done with the BBB. I haven't heard of a settlement more then 3500 bucks. Thats not worth it if you ask me.
Old 07-05-2007, 05:47 PM
03performz

Originally Posted by billp
I find it amazing the NNA would even try to "cheat" us with the "common knowledge" that the 06 has a problem. With the forum and the other internet info, you would think that they would figure out this obvious design flaw or offer you an 07 engine. I'm glad that you prevailed. They need to get slapped with a little punitive damages to get their attention.
They don't care about us. Our society's greed is paramount to other people's welfare. Nissan just cares about keeping a good rep. w/ consumer reports, reliability ratings etc. In this way they keep their stock up and their shareholders happy...constantly trying to make more money without working by screwing people like us over. It's sad that people use the line "it's just business". I wish people would openly analyze their own actions more. I sued them a year ago and won. Why? because they put out quality ideas w/ sporadic major malfunctions.
Old 07-05-2007, 06:57 PM
antennahead

Originally Posted by billp
I am dealing with NNA now,not going to well. Their first call and voice message, I wasn't at my desk, said the dealer had no record of my consumption complaint........... what a joke!!! Dealership and I have a good relationship, the head mechanic even took me back to their computer and showed me where he logged in my consumption with nissan and was assigned a case number, not the case number NNA assigns for our complaint, but a service complaint number. I hope to talk to my case rep again tomorrow.

I have a great attorney who used to be a customer of mine years ago (I am in finance) He has tried quite a few class action suits and won, including winning a good settlement for me in a stucco suit a few years ago. If I don't get this resolved, which will be either a new engine that does NOT use oil, or a buy back at full retail I paid for the car, I WILL SUE. He takes these cases, if he feels they are winnable, on a contingency basis. So if NNA doesn't fix this, I hope they loose their a**. If that happens I will be looking for names here who want to be named in the class action suit. This is not a threat on my part, NNA will resolve this or I will sue, plain and simple.

John
Old 07-05-2007, 08:54 PM
InSaNeZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad everything went well for you.
Those cases are always a pain.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:32 PM
BRONZEE
Club Moderator

Reckon it's sad. Because if you don't look after your customers major vehicle problems, then customers you will not have.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:07 AM
bofa

^You've been watching too much StarWars... lol
Old 07-12-2007, 06:06 PM
NiSmoZzZz

yo man, I need some advice. I sent you a PM. Thanks a dude.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:29 PM
Yugo

hey guys, need advise on this as well.

My 05 ZR has been burning oil since like i crossed 2k. Now I have 11K miles and on my last oil change the dealer did an oil consupmtion test and they were only able to extract 3.5 quarts of oil.
I tried to make a case with NNA but they gave me some BS and said that its up to the dealer to determine a problem.

Do i have a solid case here?
My next oil change is in like 500 miles and i will want them to drain it out again.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:47 PM
zpwnzu

Quick question to you all, if lets say we had a full set of oil consumption tests completed and then had the engine replaced but was still burning oil, even on the new engine, would one need to re-do all the tests on the new engine even with documented proof of the loss of oil or would the BBB consider the first three consumption tests and the dealerships lack of ability to repair the vehicle as enough of a basis for lemon?
Old 07-14-2007, 12:24 AM
BRONZEE
Club Moderator

Originally Posted by bofa
^You've been watching too much StarWars... lol
Haha, I'd only wish to be as wise as Yoda, but definitely not as short. Lol.
Old 07-14-2007, 07:50 AM
bofa

Nismo, I didn't get your PM.

Yugo, get three consumption tests documented and go to the lemon law. Nissan will have no choice but to listen then.

zpwnzu, if the engine replacement was the "final repair attempt" under lemon law (you had a formal complaint process), then you can present the update and skip arbitration and they either have to replace the car or buy it back within 30 days. If not, conider it a repair attempt and get your lemon law paperwork started.
Old 07-14-2007, 11:19 PM
zpwnzu

First time i brought it in, it was pinging incessantly, so i'm considering that repair one - given that the two go hand in hand. So at this point i couldnt say that the 3 trips into the dealer for the oil consumption tests qualify as repair attempts?

In other words, i have to deal with this **** again for a third time? im tempted to just trade this piece of junk in and take the 10k dollar hit so that i dont have to deal with it any more...
Old 07-14-2007, 11:34 PM
rlw222

Originally Posted by zpwnzu
First time i brought it in, it was pinging incessantly, so i'm considering that repair one - given that the two go hand in hand. So at this point i couldnt say that the 3 trips into the dealer for the oil consumption tests qualify as repair attempts?

In other words, i have to deal with this **** again for a third time? im tempted to just trade this piece of junk in and take the 10k dollar hit so that i dont have to deal with it any more...
DON"T thats what they want you to do. This is whats wrong with people they will not take the time to make companys listen and honor their warranties
Old 07-15-2007, 08:22 AM
zpwnzu

I have had the car for a year and a half and have not been able to enjoy the 35k dollar car i bought. Im not going to go through another 3k miles of rigamorole and losing even more mileage on my bumper to bumper warranty. They should be making right by acknowledging there is a problem with the car at this point, not forcing me to go through another god damn oil consumption test. Its not like the engine suddenly stops consuming oil - 2.5 quarts in 2500 miles is gonna be the same - no matter how many miles i drive.

Quick Reply: Lemon Law Results!