2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

07 350Z vs 07 S2K vs 06 GTO. Opinions.

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 05:22 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Karma_Hunden
Troll alert? What are you? 5? What kind of loser has the name of a car he doesnt own? You I guess. Congrats dip****. I bet you eat chips and play World of Warcraft at your moms basement there corcky. How about next time give me a good arguement instead of addressing insult.

I have raced both cars, and I know for a fact the GTO raped me WAY worse than the Z. Thats where I get my info. I also drove one. What did you drive? You slow POS LS1? Good going loser.

I also talk to the guy. I told you what he said. If your imaginary Z ego is sore, feel free to PM him. I just said what he told me. But hey, you are the expert I guess. I can tell already by the number of members that actually own a Z trashing every single post you make.
Go pound sand jonny boy.
One that just registered this month and only has just a few posts is a troll like yourself. One that has posted nothing helpful to this forum like yourself.

Sorry, but it seems I am old enough to be your dad. Let's see. Been racing for 20 yrs. You figure that one out. I actually changed my name. I had a G35 before the 350z. See the date I registered. lol. So now your calling names huh? Bringing Mom into it. I think kids only do that. Funny thing is you don't see Z owners correcting me. It's the non-Z owners trying.

Again, facts are facts, numbers do not lie.
Old 05-25-2007, 05:26 PM
Zmazing03

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys should probably just take the same approach and ignore this dude. He doesn't know what hes talking about and we aren't changing his mind anytime soon. He thinks a Z is faster than a GTO. Leave him be and let him think that.
Old 05-25-2007, 05:30 PM
alan86

gto is fastest, but can't handle for shyte
Old 05-25-2007, 05:34 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Originally Posted by Zmazing03
You guys should probably just take the same approach and ignore this dude. He doesn't know what hes talking about and we aren't changing his mind anytime soon. He thinks a Z is faster than a GTO. Leave him be and let him think that.
I said they are equal. Your the one saying the GTO will absolutely KILL the 350z and your dead wrong.

BTW..

Anyone can do a search on youtube.com for 350z vs gto, you will find a ton of videos of a 350z beating GTOs in most of them.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RsO7-FoBEs0

Oh btw so in case no one knows.

GTO = gods chariot!! Nothing can touch it! NOTHING!

(blocked the trolls)
Old 05-25-2007, 05:39 PM
HDPDZO6

SOLO-350Z, by chance did you register on the LS2 boards at one time under the screen name of 25psi?
Old 05-25-2007, 06:26 PM
Karma_Hunden

LOL, yes, call me a troll for creating a topic or should I call you a dumbass for hijacking it with your idiotic comments/posts?

Old enough to be my dad? Well, then in that case you're quite pathetic to be acting that way, there is not "childish" excuse. There are quite a few members arguing with you that have 350Z but I guess the catarats have blur your vision and now you cant read sigs, usernames and other members posts so you keep sticking to your own bull**** because you cant read other people's point. Idiots like you hang on to bench racing, magazine specs, and little videos like on youtube to make their point. I tell you this....Reach under your pillow and grab your retirement money, walk your way to a Nissan dealership, and buy a fckin Z if you havent already. Go to a track and ask a GTO if he can race with you. Get back at me if you manage not to hit the wall Mr. I race for 20 years...I had a guy in a dealer ship tell a friend a Blow Off Valve was a boost controller, so he wanted to void his warranty for playing with the boost...he also reinforced his statement with the "I being racing for 30 years" line. So after that, I really dont care jack **** what you say. In fact, Ima make myself one. Im Jeff Gordon's lost brother, so STFU and sit down and stop making useless posts.

Walk the Walk before you Talk the Talk there tough E-dude.

Oh btw, that video doesnt prove much...a modded Z can beat a stock GTO. Do you know if the Z was modded or stock? No you dont. Do you know if the GTO drove good? or if the Z was on DRs/Slicks? No you dont.

btw, same here's the track, same cars, another race. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79qka8eEBhA

Touche dumbass.

Last edited by Karma_Hunden; 05-25-2007 at 06:30 PM.
Old 05-25-2007, 06:37 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Originally Posted by Karma_Hunden
LOL, yes, call me a troll for creating a topic or should I call you a dumbass for hijacking it with your idiotic comments/posts?

Old enough to be my dad? Well, then in that case you're quite pathetic to be acting that way, there is not "childish" excuse. There are quite a few members arguing with you that have 350Z but I guess the catarats have blur your vision and now you cant read sigs, usernames and other members posts so you keep sticking to your own bull**** because you cant read other people's point. Idiots like you hang on to bench racing, magazine specs, and little videos like on youtube to make their point. I tell you this....Reach under your pillow and grab your retirement money, walk your way to a Nissan dealership, and buy a fckin Z if you havent already. Go to a track and ask a GTO if he can race with you. Get back at me if you manage not to hit the wall Mr. I race for 20 years...I had a guy in a dealer ship tell a friend a Blow Off Valve was a boost controller, so he wanted to void his warranty for playing with the boost...he also reinforced his statement with the "I being racing for 30 years" line. So after that, I really dont care jack **** what you say. In fact, Ima make myself one. Im Jeff Gordon's lost brother, so STFU and sit down and stop making useless posts.

Walk the Walk before you Talk the Talk there tough E-dude.

Oh btw, that video doesnt prove much...a modded Z can beat a stock GTO. Do you know if the Z was modded or stock? No you dont. Do you know if the GTO drove good? or if the Z was on DRs/Slicks? No you dont.

btw, same here's the track, same cars, another race. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79qka8eEBhA

Touche dumbass.
Wow I think you just broke every forum rule there was. Thank you for showing your true age kid. You really are pathetic.
Old 05-25-2007, 06:53 PM
Peak350

Originally Posted by SOLO-350Z
Wow I think you just broke every forum rule there was. Thank you for showing your true age kid. You really are pathetic.
Local track here - I've watched stock 04 GTO's run 13.6's consistently.

I've watched 06 GTO's run 13.2-13.3 consistently. This is in 85+ weather with "average drivers." The best Z time I saw before ran was a procharged Z (shifted kinda slow, launched "ok") running 13.7ish.

I run 13.6's fairly consistently and am starting to get a feel for the launch in the car so I THINK I can get around a 13.50 if the temps get below 75-80 for a night and they spray more than 2 gallons of VHT down.

I'm a bit better than an average driver, but I still have a lot to learn. My shifts are there, my launch is getting there, and I think with all the right other variables (weather and prep, etc.) in place I'd be set.

So, lets go with the times I've seen, the times in the posted lists, etc.

assume a 13.2 AVERAGE for a GTO, even a 13.3

13.5 AVERAGE for an 07 Z, remember, not these better than perfect conditions in 50 degrees with high pressure, etc. that VeeTec is able to post. Not to take away from his driving, his times prove he has skill, but he also has a significant conditions advantage over almost everyone else on the forum.

The average 07 trap will be about 103/104, the average 06 GTO is about 105/106...that means it out pulls the Z, power to weight ratio is higher as well, again - it takes the Z on the highway.

The Z however has better brakes, has much better driving feel, doesn't have brake dive, or launch squat NEAR like the GTO, and is a much more tossable car.

GTO has independent rear suspension so it suffers the same launching issues as a 350z.

GTO has crap small tires stock, WORSE than the Z because they are all seasons.

Now tell me - how does that make the 07 a close race. There is NOTHING about straight line that the Z has an advantage in other than braking.

I bought a Z btw, after going back and forth between a GTO. Test drove a handful of GTO's, only 3 Z's and one was my buddies (who got me to look at them), one was the one I bought.

You've posted a lot of "crap" in the thread and attacked others. I'm telling you as a 350Z owner that you are wrong and need to back down, if you really are old enough to be any of our dad's you need to be a little more calm. I've been racing pretty much none - just the strip off and on for 3 years - yet even I know that street racing videos can misrepresent a lot.

Last edited by Peak350; 05-25-2007 at 06:55 PM.
Old 05-25-2007, 06:59 PM
HDPDZO6

Originally Posted by Peak350
Local track here - I've watched stock 04 GTO's run 13.6's consistently.

I've watched 06 GTO's run 13.2-13.3 consistently. This is in 85+ weather with "average drivers." The best Z time I saw before ran was a procharged Z (shifted kinda slow, launched "ok") running 13.7ish.

I run 13.6's fairly consistently and am starting to get a feel for the launch in the car so I THINK I can get around a 13.50 if the temps get below 75-80 for a night and they spray more than 2 gallons of VHT down.

I'm a bit better than an average driver, but I still have a lot to learn. My shifts are there, my launch is getting there, and I think with all the right other variables (weather and prep, etc.) in place I'd be set.

So, lets go with the times I've seen, the times in the posted lists, etc.

assume a 13.2 AVERAGE for a GTO, even a 13.3

13.5 AVERAGE for an 07 Z, remember, not these better than perfect conditions in 50 degrees with high pressure, etc. that VeeTec is able to post. Not to take away from his driving, his times prove he has skill, but he also has a significant conditions advantage over almost everyone else on the forum.

The average 07 trap will be about 103/104, the average 06 GTO is about 105/106...that means it out pulls the Z, power to weight ratio is higher as well, again - it takes the Z on the highway.

The Z however has better brakes, has much better driving feel, doesn't have brake dive, or launch squat NEAR like the GTO, and is a much more tossable car.

GTO has independent rear suspension so it suffers the same launching issues as a 350z.

GTO has crap small tires stock, WORSE than the Z because they are all seasons.

Now tell me - how does that make the 07 a close race. There is NOTHING about straight line that the Z has an advantage in other than braking.

I bought a Z btw, after going back and forth between a GTO. Test drove a handful of GTO's, only 3 Z's and one was my buddies (who got me to look at them), one was the one I bought.

You've posted a lot of "crap" in the thread and attacked others. I'm telling you as a 350Z owner that you are wrong and need to back down, if you really are old enough to be any of our dad's you need to be a little more calm. I've been racing pretty much none - just the strip off and on for 3 years - yet even I know that street racing videos can misrepresent a lot.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:24 PM
Zmazing03

I said they are equal. Your the one saying the GTO will absolutely KILL the 350z and your dead wrong.
You didn't say they were equal. Look back a page or two and you will see where I quoted YOU saying something along the lines of "A Z is faster than a GTO!".

Wow lol
Old 05-25-2007, 07:26 PM
turismo

Originally Posted by HDPD350Z
SOLO-350Z, by chance did you register on the LS2 boards at one time under the screen name of 25psi?

Thats me!
Old 05-25-2007, 07:27 PM
HDPDZO6

Originally Posted by turismo
Thats me!
I had a feeling it was one of you two...
Old 05-25-2007, 07:30 PM
Swiffer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 05-25-2007, 07:43 PM
turismo

Originally Posted by HDPD350Z
I had a feeling it was one of you two...

I dont think, Ive ever replied! Hell, I think Im 25psi, thats my screen name on the majority of sites Im on(if its not takin)
Old 05-25-2007, 08:27 PM
gsazabi

Wow, this thread has turned into "GTO is faster than Z" or vise versa
Old 05-25-2007, 08:50 PM
GFrnk69

Originally Posted by SOLO-350Z
You sir are a fool to believe the GTO will own a 07 Z especially since a race hasn't happened. They both basically produce the same numbers. The 03-06 Z in that video was pretty much dead even with that GTO in that RACE! The guy was granny shifting. You can see it by the way the car was lurching back and fourth.

So why not leave the site Troll! A FI 350z will spank a heavily modded bolt on GTO. EOD.

Oh Really?

Btw showing 1 vid of a Z beat a GTO doesnt count as a fact, i can show u 1000x vids of a "stock" civic smoking a Z
Old 05-26-2007, 05:25 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Originally Posted by Zmazing03
You didn't say they were equal. Look back a page or two and you will see where I quoted YOU saying something along the lines of "A Z is faster than a GTO!".

Wow lol

I said it MANY TIMES. MANY. You obviously don't read well.
Old 05-26-2007, 05:26 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Originally Posted by GFrnk69
Oh Really?

Btw showing 1 vid of a Z beat a GTO doesnt count as a fact, i can show u 1000x vids of a "stock" civic smoking a Z
We have posted many in this thread. Try reading.
Old 05-26-2007, 07:38 AM
Karma_Hunden

SOLO-350Z:

All of your idiotic misguiding videos where countered by a logical response. The sad thing is, that you sit in your computer bench racing with your vast magazine spec and YouTube searching skills in order to let everyone know a point others have actually proven in person. Stop hijacking my thread.

Go buy a crown victoria and hang with your own.

...be gone troll.
Old 05-26-2007, 08:50 AM
blasian

To the OP...

If you want a muscle car, get a GTO. If you want a sports car, get a Z or S.

/thread

Quick Reply: 07 350Z vs 07 S2K vs 06 GTO. Opinions.