Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

someone backed into me today. =(

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 10:17 AM
BornSlippyZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by randymack
why would you ever park that close to anyone else,or park where anyone can get that close to you? i always take the last spot,no matter how far the walk!!!!!!
Yeah I agree and take those precautions and a jerk keyed my Z about a month ago. So **** happens no matter what.
Old 05-28-2007, 11:13 AM
Checkmate58

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by iseven
after talking to my insurance they came with the same conclusion, he could not see me cause I was too low. I dunno how they gonna handle it though, will hear from them later. I will try to avoid these weird parking spaces from now on.
Reading that made me feel like they're blaming you! You can tell the insurance company that if his truck was lowered, then he would be cool and would have seen the Z.

--Sam
Old 05-28-2007, 11:42 AM
trains1937

Received 119 Likes on 14 Posts

Why did you have to point out he was an old man? I don't think the accident had anything to do with his age. Think twice about where you park. You'd never see me place my Z in a spot like that. And I'm an old man.
Old 05-28-2007, 11:45 AM
Korki Buchek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"You're too low" seems like a weird response from the insurance.
Old 05-28-2007, 09:16 PM
iseven
Banned

Originally Posted by trains1937
Why did you have to point out he was an old man? I don't think the accident had anything to do with his age. Think twice about where you park. You'd never see me place my Z in a spot like that. And I'm an old man.
it has nothing to do with his age, i was trying to describe the situation and and used that word. if he was a young man, i would called him a young man. did i say the accident has anything to do with his age? i am glad you never have to place your Z in a spot like that, god forbid me packing my z in a parking lot like that where that was the space i was given or not go and do my business, gizz its all my fault.
Old 05-28-2007, 09:17 PM
iseven
Banned

Originally Posted by Korki Buchek
"You're too low" seems like a weird response from the insurance.
thats what the 1st claim officer i guess you would called them told me. they said until they get a statement from the other driver and till a claim officer look at my car and the pictures, they can not point fingers yet.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:14 PM
Cozmo

i dont see how the insurance company cant blame him yet without him saying so. did you get his info at the time he hit you? did you call a cop? ALWAYS CALL A COP AND GET A REPORT. that is entirely his fault. you have the right of way going straight while he backs out of a spot. thats the same as him just throwin it into reverse at a stop light and tapping you. 3000lbs of metal is hard to miss.
Old 05-29-2007, 03:34 PM
iseven
Banned

Originally Posted by Cozmo
i dont see how the insurance company cant blame him yet without him saying so. did you get his info at the time he hit you? did you call a cop? ALWAYS CALL A COP AND GET A REPORT. that is entirely his fault. you have the right of way going straight while he backs out of a spot. thats the same as him just throwin it into reverse at a stop light and tapping you. 3000lbs of metal is hard to miss.
i did get all his info, but did not get a police report. still waiting on investigation.
Old 05-29-2007, 05:43 PM
fresnel151

In many states, the police will not respond to or file a report on fender benders in private parking lots. Good move in taking the photos.

Paintless dent repair is very difficult if it's within 1/2" of a panel crease or edge. They can try to PDR it, but may not guarantee the results.
Old 05-29-2007, 06:29 PM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by fresnel151
In many states, the police will not respond to or file a report on fender benders in private parking lots. Good move in taking the photos.

Paintless dent repair is very difficult if it's within 1/2" of a panel crease or edge. They can try to PDR it, but may not guarantee the results.
+1 on both your comments (very good post).

The police in my city will not respond to fender benders if there is no personal injury. Taking pictures is your best method of documenting the incident/accident. (The OP wisely did this.) The bad news for the OP is that neither insurance company wants to pay the deductible. Both companies are going to say that this accident has "no fault" (both drivers were at fault). The insurance companies are going to say that each driver backed into the other, so it is a "no fault" accident. My guess is the OP is stuck with paying the deductible, which is about the cost of repairing the dent.

I also think you are correct about using paintless dent removal in this case. It's worth trying, but may not provide the result a customer expects. If the customer agrees to the attempt, it won't come with any satisfaction guarantee. I think I would agree to the attempt (unless the scrape you see on the pics is too severe for a buff-out).

--Spike
Old 06-01-2007, 04:24 PM
iseven
Banned

update on the situation. insurance looked it over and gave estimate of $1165.05 for the repair, my car goes into the shop sat and will take 1 week for repairs. they find it was the other drivers fault for not looking to his right/left before backing out of his parking space. so i am happy now. =) those pictures helped out a lot, as they show him in his parking space still, and i was completely out of mines.