2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

350Z Crashes and Results

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 09:49 AM
vaughn1576

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dTor
One other thing...

If anything else, we should have more sympathy for the 16 year old than the 31 year old.

The kid is still young, inexperienced, and probably didn't know how to control himself, his vehicle, or his hormones.

The adult knew better - he's seen and heard the stories, has presumably been driving a long time, and should have been fully aware of the possible outcome of his actions.
Very true...
Old 06-19-2007, 09:50 AM
stereoneeds

this board has always been biased. nothing new really.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:51 AM
Vorais

Originally Posted by DavesZ#3
Oddly enough, if you look through the thread, one of the initial posts hints at the fact that the "accident" has a lot more to the story that had been told.
Actually that post is what made me not post in the other thread. I was going to give my condolences, but this made me think that perhaps street racing or reckless driving was at fault. I was waiting to hear the rest of the story.

Originally Posted by Villa67
He definitely will be missed. All I can say to my Z fellas is, take it easy people and make an effort to drive safe. I know is tempting with the cars we have to get that rush of adrenaline (I'm guilty of that) but we have to think about our families and love ones.
Post#11 in https://my350z.com/forum/the-lounge-off-topic/280103-r-i-p-kevin-aka-lakelandkev.html
Old 06-19-2007, 09:54 AM
zeekle

Its been said already but I will say it again.

I feel bad for both but the houston guy had some defenders that didn't help the situation when it comes to him getting flamed.

Not to mention someone from the forums sold him the car so and it was a well documented race.

I didn't know either guy but the houston guy had a lot of bad press up front (the story, his friends coming to the forums, etc)

I am not saying its right, but thats the way the world works.

If you want to race do it on the track.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:03 AM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

In all honesty....if I'd known he was street racing, I probably would've never replied to the thread just as I stayed out of the Texas thread.

I still sympathize for his family and saddened at the thought of a kid growing up without a father due to Kevin's grave misjudgement.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:16 AM
jmark

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Street racing & no seltbelt......
Old 06-19-2007, 10:23 AM
Gooey

Honestly, no matter who it is, weather they are street racing, drinking and driving, hit by a drunk, or just lost control in inclimatic weather due to poor judgement(run on sentence?), I believe we should not critize them. They may be 16years old or 36years old but the fact is when someone passes away a life is lost and it hurts. We have no right to critic them. It is called an "accident" because it can happen anytime to anyone. Even YOU. Just be thankful you're alive and go on with life.
My prayers do go out for both lives. I just hope this does not happen to anyone else in this community. We can only learn from the mistakes of others.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:47 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Completely different accidents. One was a street race in a neighborhood and lost it and hit a tree splitting the car in half.

The one with Kevin was by himself, no racing, looks like he just lost it for a unknown reason and got ejected from the car (probably not wearing his seatbelt).

The 1st one was a complete idiot kid.

Originally Posted by OCZTrack
I don't see many differences between these two accidents except for the reactions from the members of this board. Apparently if you are well known around the boards you should not be criticized and your reputation should not be tarnished by fellow members in the event you make a tragic decision. On the other hand if you only post a couple times and get into an accident you may be bashed, criticized, and the most people will complain about is that their insurance will go up now. Feel free to discuss.

April accident in Texas.

Recent accident in Lakeland.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:50 AM
vaughn1576

Originally Posted by SOLO-350Z
Completely different accidents. One was a street race in a neighborhood and lost it and hit a tree splitting the car in half.

The one with Kevin was by himself, no racing, looks like he just lost it for a unknown reason and got ejected from the car (probably not wearing his seatbelt).

Kevin was streetracing...

That's why this thread exists comparing the reaction to the two.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:52 AM
dTor

Originally Posted by vaughn1576

+1
Old 06-19-2007, 10:53 AM
Jabdo233

I know you'd like to believe that.

Next time read the articles.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:53 AM
Vorais

Well, according to the police and witnesses Kevin was in fact in a street race against another in a Dodge Charger. Witnesses imply that there were innocent people around as well. Tell me again exactly how this is so much different?

http://www.theledger.com/article/200...706190484/1004
Police have identified Kevin Steven Crichton of Lakeland as the victim of Sunday's traffic fatality on State Road 33 in North Lakeland.

Witnesses told police that Crichton had stopped at a traffic light at Griffin Road, then sped north in an apparent race with another motorist.

"It appeared they were racing," said Jack Gillen, spokesman for the Lakeland Police Department.

At a curve on SR 33, Crichton, who would have turned 31 today, lost control of his 2003 Nissan Z and overturned.

He was not wearing his seat belt, Gillen said.

The driver of a light-colored Dodge Charger who was seen racing Crichton at approximately 7:35 Sunday evening left the scene of the accident. Anyone with information about the vehicle is urged to call police at 863-834-6900 or Crime Stoppers at 800-226-TIPS (8477).
Old 06-19-2007, 11:01 AM
mcurry5

So now I wonder if SOLO will call Kevin an Idiot just like he called the kid in a couple of posts ago???????????????????
Old 06-19-2007, 11:02 AM
mcurry5

I take that back. He said COMPLETE IDIOT
Old 06-19-2007, 11:16 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Originally Posted by vaughn1576

The news report didn't mention it. They did specifically mention it was a single car accident.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:16 AM
spf4000

I decided to stay out of the Lakeland accident because I've received enough flames over my posts for the Houston accident. But the OP is absolutely right, the treatment of the two situations is highly biased. If anything, people should be more upset, considering that Kevin should have known better, being older as someone else had pointed out. Moreover, if he was active on this board, he should have seen what happened in the Houston accident and learned from the kid's mistake.

But I guess he had to learn things the hard way, and he paid the ultimate price for it. On top of everything, not wearing a seatbelt? Sounds like he had a deathwish.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:17 AM
Z-T

It's interesting how some people tip-toe around the issue.
Street racing is frowned upon by all forum comunities (at least that I've been a part of).
Had that piece of information been revealed early on, I think there would have been a slightly different overall response to the accident.
If you re-read through the first page, you'll find this post (below) which I personally find odd - in essance he does not want to introduce the cause of Kevin's death because he knows that members who didn't know him would begin doing what they're in fact doing on this thread; criticizing him for street racing in the first place.

Originally Posted by Z350MAN04
just out of respect, i am not going to post what happened in detail. this is still extremely fresh on his families mind. thanks for understanding.

Last edited by Z-T; 06-19-2007 at 11:21 AM.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:18 AM
vaughn1576

The news report didn't mention it. They did specifically mention it was a single car accident.
Yeah the first article didn't mention it. the second one explained he was racing a Dodge Charger with onlookers. It was still a one car accident.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:19 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Sorry I was going by this report:

http://www.theledger.com/article/200...180476/-1/xml?

Didn't see the other one.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:20 AM
JETPILOT

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are 2 articles as of today. The second article states the two cars were involved in a contest of speed. I sugggest you read the article before making any more comments as other posters have suggested numerous times above.

JET

Quick Reply: 350Z Crashes and Results