Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

350Z Crashes and Results

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 04:09 PM
Jabdo233

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mcurry5
People mod there cars for many reasons, most of which are to 1 up the next guy. Not all people mod there cars so they can go out on the freeway and look for a race. A lot mod because they just want to have more HP than the next guy. Bragging rights. The analogy of going 5-10 mph over the speed limit and someone racing another car on public roads is rediculous !!! Dont get pissed if you play with fire and eventually get burned!!!!
How is it ridiculous. Both scenarios are instances of law-breaking and they are both unsafe.
Old 06-19-2007, 04:19 PM
TheGest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gooey
Honestly, no matter who it is, weather they are street racing, drinking and driving, hit by a drunk, or just lost control in inclimatic weather due to poor judgement(run on sentence?), I believe we should not critize them. They may be 16years old or 36years old but the fact is when someone passes away a life is lost and it hurts. We have no right to critic them. It is called an "accident" because it can happen anytime to anyone. Even YOU. Just be thankful you're alive and go on with life.
My prayers do go out for both lives. I just hope this does not happen to anyone else in this community. We can only learn from the mistakes of others.

Agreed we didnt buy sports cars to drive them like buicks.
Old 06-19-2007, 04:22 PM
TheGest

Originally Posted by Z-T
Right, there's no difference between going 5mph over and street racing. Great point...not.
If I lose control of my car it'll be beacause someone else caused me to. Sorry, but I simply don't drive like that - you might, but I don't.
U think too much of your self
Old 06-19-2007, 04:23 PM
spf4000

Originally Posted by Jabdo233
How is it ridiculous. Both scenarios are instances of law-breaking and they are both unsafe.
So you're saying that it's equally unsafe to go 5-10 mph over the speed limit than it is to street race against someone, going 100 mph+ down stretches of residential or business roads, with two or more cars where the drivers are paying more attention to the car next to them than anything else happening on the road? Riiight. Great logic you got going there.
Old 06-19-2007, 04:24 PM
drivenCSZ

streetracing FTL! i dont care who it is. i was unaware that this accident involved it. good thing he didnt take anyone else out.

i think the bashing about the other accicdent with pickle(or whomever) was compounded by the fact that he was driving with his gf in the car

if you're going to streetrace, do it where there's no other cars around and you and the other driver are the only one's that can die.
Old 06-19-2007, 04:30 PM
spf4000

^^ Or how about just taking it to the track?
Old 06-19-2007, 04:33 PM
Built2shredZ

John 8:7

I think a lot of people are quick to judge because it makes them feel better about themselves...

The guy made a bad decision and paid the ultimate price...
Old 06-19-2007, 04:33 PM
drivenCSZ

Originally Posted by spf4000
^^ Or how about just taking it to the track?

well of course, ive got no problem with that. And it sounds like this guy did track his car. But apparently couldn't control himself enough on the street.

And snippets from articles citing witnesses who don't know cars very well, as saying "it seemed like they were racing" is always not beleivable. But its also pretty hard to flip your car, if youve got track experience and you're driving like you should be driving on the street.

it's sad for his family and kids, but if you throw gasoline on a small fire(ie the everyday risk of driving on a public road)....you might just get burnt.

Last edited by drivenCSZ; 06-19-2007 at 04:42 PM.
Old 06-19-2007, 05:09 PM
mcurry5

Just because two things are illegal doesnt make them both as equally unsafe. Your logic on this topic is way way off. If you think going 60 mph in a 55 mph zone is the same as two cars racing down the street at speeds obviously way above the posted speed limit(ie... in a turn and losing control) then there is no way to have a discussion about this with you. You are severly close minded. Good Luck
Old 06-19-2007, 05:37 PM
kernel843

I have to agree, comparing street racing to speeding as far as how unsafe they are is kind of rediculous. If he was street racing, then I think he acted without thinking of all the consequences and of his family.

Personally, I don't street race. Thats not to say if i'm in one lane and my friend is in the other i might not floor it for the first few seconds, but otherwise I don't. Had numerous people want to race my on my bike and I have always declined, not worth the risk.

I think in the end, we should all just try to learn from the mistakes of others on this forum and let the deceased rest in peace. There is no need to tarnish the reputation of someone who has passed away.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:08 PM
thefranchise

i still cant believe in the year 2007 people cant figure out how to where a seat belt. no one should be suprised when you split your skull open and leak out your brains on the pavement when u get ejected from a crash they you'd probably would have walked away from
Old 06-19-2007, 06:09 PM
thefranchise

Originally Posted by Built2shredZ
The guy made a bad decision and paid the ultimate price...
thank god he only took himself out and not some innocent family.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:14 PM
Jabdo233

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thefranchise
thank god he only took himself out and not some innocent family.
What? So his life is not as important as some family's now?

I don't get what everyone's problem is on this thread.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:21 PM
thefranchise

if someone wants to drive reckless AND not wear a seatbelt and kill himself, i have no issue with that, its his choice. what would bother me is if while acting reckless, he kills or mangles another innocent person or family in his Darwinian act of self indulgence.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:27 PM
Zmazing03

Thats not to say if i'm in one lane and my friend is in the other i might not floor it for the first few seconds, but otherwise I don't.
LOL @ that. I guess we have redefined street racing so that you can say you "haven't done it". I guess competing with your friend to see who can accelerate isn't racing. You floored it, it is clearly an intention of getting in front of him, lets be realistic here.

I won't say I have never streetraced, because I have, and a majority of the posters on this site have as well. But I ALWAYS wear my seatbelt, and whoever is in the car with me will as well, or they can get out. I am also not going to be racing with heavy traffic or bad weather, etc. If it isn't wide open road and sunny, it ain't happening.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:33 PM
spf4000

Originally Posted by drivenCSZ
And snippets from articles citing witnesses who don't know cars very well, as saying "it seemed like they were racing" is always not beleivable. But its also pretty hard to flip your car, if youve got track experience and you're driving like you should be driving on the street.
That's true, eye witness accounts are questionable at best. They may have assumed that he was street racing when he may have just been out on a spirited drive. Then again, spirited drives can be just as deadly.

Either way, the safest place for 8/10ths+ driving (or whatever you want to call racing/spirited driving) is on the track, and I hope these two guys' losses will serve as a reminder for the rest of us.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:05 PM
Vorais

Well, I personally take my life into my own hands many times in my life by enjoying some riskier activities at times, icluding skydiving, rock climbing, spleuncking, tracking my car, back country downhill skiing, motorcycle racing, etc. I personally had a very good chance of death pretty much ever day of my life due to a heart defect so I enjoyed my life and lived each day as if it could be my last. Things have changed in my life and I don't do most of these things anymore.

The deal is my family is well aware of what I do, or did. They also know that if I died while doing it that it was likely going to be my fault, and even if it wasn't (e.g. a random rock falls off the face of a cliff while I am climbing and smacks me in the head) I was playing with fire to begin with. They would not feel sorry for me in that regard or ask others to feel sorry for me. I do hope that they would feel sorry for my family though as they would still have to deal with the loss.

Part of the draw and excitement of doing these things is that there is some risk involved. I don't get how you guys can just say that we have to feel sorry for him because the took a risk one too many times and got burned. Feel sorry for his family, not him. Feel glad that he didn't take anyone else with him when he went. It was his choice to do what he did, no one forced him. Also if you knew him, remember him for his joy that he brought others, but don't except people to condone what he did or feel sorry for him.

ps. If he was hit by a drunk driver, or swerved to miss something in the road and flipped, or some other RANDOM accident, then yes, I would also feel sorry for him, but that was not the case.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:41 PM
350ZTheStandard

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SOLO-350Z
Completely different accidents. One was a street race in a neighborhood and lost it and hit a tree splitting the car in half.

The one with Kevin was by himself, no racing, looks like he just lost it for a unknown reason and got ejected from the car (probably not wearing his seatbelt).

The 1st one was a complete idiot kid.
so sorry to hear about a loss of human life!!! The facts are Kevin was street racing and paid the price for the thrill of being the man...was it worth the loss of life, can we take away the pain his parents & family feel and will continue to feel for a long time to come????

Lets compare apples to apples, both street racing, one 16 years old the other much older, seems like Kevin should have had more experience, more intelligence, more common sense. The houston article did not state if the 16 year old and girlfriend were wearing seat belts, my guess would be yes.... apples to apples why why Kevin not wearing his seat belt, I am sure it is a law in Florida, I know it is a law in my state

I did not know Kevin and should not have anything either bad or good to say but...everthing in life has a purpose.....If this horrible tradgey has just wised up a single person up to wearing a seatbelt while driving or riding in a car....this was the purpose...betting Kevins poor parents and family wear seat belts

RIP KEVIN
Old 06-19-2007, 10:43 PM
Electricchild

What the hell are you talking about? He didn't say anything about the value of one life over another. Would people stop putting words into each others' mouths?

Think of it this way. Would you rather have one person die in a car accident, or that same person + a whole family die in a car accident?

I think you'd choose the former. THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE.

Quick Reply: 350Z Crashes and Results