Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

350Z Crashes and Results

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 10:43 PM
AlvinHuyN
Nismo 370Z #697

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What happened has happened. I felt terrible for the guy in the TX accident as I do for Kevin.

Everyone please look back at yourselves once again and put you in the position of those who lost or is fighting to keep their family member alive from these accidents. Would you want to hear these harsh comments?

Some live to learn, some learn to live, some die so we can learn to live.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:45 PM
archspeed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They're both equally dumb.

Texas guy has his girlfriend in the car. Dumbass.

Lakeland guy has a 7-year-old son. Not in the car. But at home waiting for him to come back. Dumbass.

OCZ: I think you know this forum, as in all other community/cliques, centers on popularity. Just as how it is in offline life. Who cares how the people here acts/re-acts. But I'll give you some props for being cool as **** (I meant that in a good way )
Old 06-19-2007, 10:49 PM
archspeed

Originally Posted by AlvinHuyN
What happened has happened. I felt terrible for the guy in the TX accident as I do for Kevin.

Everyone please look back at yourselves once again and put you in the position of those who lost or is fighting to keep their family member alive from these accidents. Would you want to hear these harsh comments?

Some live to learn, some learn to live, some die so we can learn to live.
Some die so we can learn to live...exactly...that's why we have harsh comments, so people would know not to do dumb stuff that deserves harsh comments
Old 06-19-2007, 11:53 PM
Built2shredZ

Doesn't matter what anyone has to say.... If someone wants to street race these two stories won't do anything to deter them... In there minds there a better driver then Mario Andretti, they think there so skilled at driving nothing bad like this will happen to them...

I'm sure in both cases the drivers have read and heard about street racing killing people... I'm sure they read stories right here on my350z.com about it, yet it didn't seem to deter either one of these guys from street racing...

The mentality of Street Racers is nothing is going to happen to them, when they read about someone dying street racing they automatically say, "oh that guy sucked at driving that's why he crashed" and nothing will change there mind about it until something bad happens to them personally.. If there lucky they will live through it and come to realize that there not so indestructible after all... Only then they might change there outlook on street racing and quit doing it...
Old 06-20-2007, 12:10 AM
archspeed

I think in the end we're all still humans...these are sad events...so I say let's let them be...
Old 06-20-2007, 03:43 AM
zipgun

Originally Posted by Z-T
You're pretty funny with your "stones"...lol.
I have never, do not, nor ever will street race. Speak entirely for yourself please.
I have an impeccable driving record after 20 years and I keep it that way because I don't use the road as my own private race course.
1+
Old 06-20-2007, 03:58 AM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Okay, this thread is starting to get off-topic. The subject was the double standard regarding the Lakelandkev thread vs. the usual street racing thread. It's not supposed to be another debate about the evils of street racing or how stupid someone was/is/might be.

If somebody has something constructive and intelligent to say on the topic at hand, please continue. Otherwise, don't bother posting and move on.
Old 06-20-2007, 05:58 AM
mcurry5

Dave it is not a question of how stupid someone "might" be. We have all come to the conclusion that in both cases the drivers were very stupid for doing what they did.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:11 AM
Kegsbane

Originally Posted by davidv
Every life is valuable. Every death is tragic. I see little point in criticizing anyone who is deceased.

The next time someone pulls next to me at a light, and revs the engine, I will remember both incidents.
The next time that I start the car, I will remember both incidents, and click my seatbelt.
I do the exact same thing. It really changed my life, witnessing it happen in real time. I also changed my driving habits a little.

Too bad I had to learn at someone else's expense.

On topic: I am still shocked about how hard you guys were on the kid from Houston. I lost a little faith in humanity that day.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:29 AM
usmanasif

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Been through the first 2 pages thus far and I can already see you guys bashing each other instead of directly discussing the topic at hand. OP has a perfectly valid point and I agree with him 100%. Both threads are about the same topic, very slightly different results, but WIDELY varied responses.

Why? Because the Florida thread doesn't mention the accident details in the beginning and the guy was apparently popular in the local crowd, hence non-local members followed the locals' lead.

I say each accident was an equally-remorseful tragedy. Loss of life is too serious a topic to be desecrated with mindless comments. Both drivers knew the risks but ignored them; that is fact. But a much LARGER fact is that one life is now in serious jeopardy and another is lost. No one needs to die to learn a lesson. My thoughts and prayers are with both families, especially the child who lost his father.

Let's move on, shall we?

Last edited by usmanasif; 06-20-2007 at 10:38 AM.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:55 PM
HighwaySpeed

Exclamation

Originally Posted by OCZTrack
I don't see many differences between these two accidents except for the reactions from the members of this board.

April accident in Texas.

Recent accident in Lakeland.
The driver in Lakeland...

Had a bunch of friends, was almost 31, was a very nice guy and died as a result of his decisions.

Both "accidents" were very sad AND avoidable.

Live and LEARN!

Drive SAFELY!

RIP
Old 06-20-2007, 09:59 PM
HighwaySpeed

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by davidv
The next time someone pulls next to me at a light, and revs the engine, I will remember both incidents.

The next time that I start the car, I will remember both incidents, and click my seatbelt.
+1
Old 06-20-2007, 10:06 PM
HighwaySpeed

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Kegsbane
On topic: I am still shocked about how hard you guys were on the kid from Houston. I lost a little faith in humanity that day.
"Kids" & "Adults" can BOTH make life altering BAD decisions.

I would "judge" both drivers equally.

I've had friends that f*cked up and I still knew that they were wrong.

It IS harder when someone is nice and popular, but the end result does not change.