Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Black 350Z high res and low res photos.

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2002, 04:36 AM
Zay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For those of you who ordered Super Black, you should finally feel at ease... cause it's THE BOMB.
Old 07-31-2002, 04:44 AM
MSOsr

Arrived at the dealership today 45 minutes before the scheduled 10:30 a.m. arrival of the black Z. Luckily, I had some paperwork to do on the sale of my BMW, which distracted me until the car arrived at 11:15.

The very attractive ladies that were driving the vehicle work for NNA at the local Southeastern Regional Office. The blonde is Michelle, distribution rep who was bombarded by calls about order numbers, etc. earlier (she drove the car) and the brunette works in marketing. Without being a sexist, I can tell you that those two turned A LOT of heads driving into the dealership.

Observations: The California 562 tag (and 754 miles on the clock) confirmed this was a preproduction model. The inside door handles are clearly aluminum, but they are so lightweight that I can see how some ASSUMED they were plastic.

There is NOTHING wrong with the interior of the touring model. The seats are elegant and extremely comfortable. I took one shot of the rear strut bar, which also showed the driver's door opened. The finish of the door is not elegant, but it is nowhere near cheap-looking.

The exhaust tone is more Italian-sounding than Japanese. The girls blipped the throttle several times while leaving the dealership, and it sounded much more like a Ferrari than a Honda.

The funniest thing occurred when the girls moved the car from the front of the dealership to the service area. Michelle gave the car a little extra gas and sped to the rear. Everyone turned to watch, just as a Porsche Turbo (red) pulled into the dealership. Not a soul turned and looked at it; they stayed glued to the Z.

WE WILL ALL BE VERY HAPPY WHEN WE RECEIVE OUR CARS!
Old 07-31-2002, 05:31 AM
350zpower

sweet porsche .. i wouldnt mind taking delivery of that
Old 07-31-2002, 06:40 AM
MaxTR

Sorry, but I was at the dealer, and while a hugh Z fan, that Porsche definately had my attention over the Z. It was quite a car.
Old 07-31-2002, 08:31 AM
bayarea-sunset

my wife would castrate me if I ordered black so well you know,but it looks great.What color does this car not look good in hmm NONE!
Old 07-31-2002, 08:40 AM
Zboy

Originally posted by JmanZ
(here's the Porsche that pulled into the dealership that nobody really cared about)
I would say atleast one person cared about it if he/she took a pic of it while they were there to see the 350z.
Old 07-31-2002, 09:03 AM
ZON

Originally posted by JmanZ
(here's the Porsche that pulled into the dealership that nobody really cared about)
Someone posted on some other thread that Civic Ricers are really just Z car wannabe's. Well, then what does that mean Z Car people really are?
Old 07-31-2002, 10:49 AM
MichaelU

Throbbin_zon

I think that makes us all Porche Turbo wanna be's. I think it's the next logical progression.

Ciao,
Michael
Old 07-31-2002, 10:52 AM
EnthuZ
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure which I enjoyed more; the lady's, or the new shots of a Black Z

In a few of the shots, it appears that there is a metallic quality to the paint, but in others it looks jet black, with no metallic effect.

Comments?

PS: when I bought an XS500E Yamaha in 1978, I had thought it was plain shinny black, sat on one, noticed what I thought was dust turned out to be a metallic black

Last edited by EnthuZ; 07-31-2002 at 10:58 AM.
Old 07-31-2002, 05:46 PM
fatZo

Default looks hot

Great pics! thanks MSOsr.
The car looks bad *** in black!
Now only if I could somehow find a way to distract myself from thinking about my Z between now and mid-Sept.
Old 07-31-2002, 05:50 PM
AtlZ

does it not appear that this car has that little spoiler thing in the front? look at pic 11. but it doesnt have the rear spoiler. maybe im just seeing things.
Old 07-31-2002, 06:38 PM
drivebywire

I think the guy in the pic # 15 is little too big for the Z!
Old 07-31-2002, 09:04 PM
ZZtopp

The black looks great.....for now. In a few months, the tiny swirls and scratches from washing (no matter how careful you are) will appear, and the car will look much older than it really is. if you like your car to show dust and dirt within the hour after it's been washed and waxed, I guess you'll love the black.
Old 07-31-2002, 09:21 PM
fatZo

Originally posted by ZZtopp
The black looks great.....for now. In a few months, the tiny swirls and scratches from washing (no matter how careful you are) will appear, and the car will look much older than it really is. if you like your car to show dust and dirt within the hour after it's been washed and waxed, I guess you'll love the black.
No matter how hard you try to **** on our parade, the black Z looks awesome. It's a very aggressive looking car. Undeniably, the black paint would attract dust and show scratches over the time. But it would still look better than the plethora of the now-popular shiny silver cars on the roads these days.

You guessed right, I love the black.
Old 07-31-2002, 10:40 PM
ZZtopp

I wasn't trying to **** on anyone's parade. I owned a black car and it drove me crazy because 90% of the time, the car looked like crap. When it was clean (and not in bright sunlight, which shows all the tiny scratches), it looked awesome. I just got tired of spending endless hours keeping the damn thing clean and cringing as the scratches increased over the years. Glaze and light compounding can help a bit, but even one of the best profesional detailers on the west coast couldn't make it look like new.

I've got a pewter Z06, and if I don't wash it for a month, it still looks perfectly clean and new. Now I spend my free time driving and enjoying the car, not always cleaning/waxing it and being ashamed of the paint in sunlight.

I was just giving you the perspective of someone who owned a black sports car. Sorry if the truth offended you. Enjoy your black Z.
Old 07-31-2002, 10:50 PM
phattyaltnatl

Originally posted by ZZtopp
I wasn't trying to **** on anyone's parade. I owned a black car and it drove me crazy because 90% of the time, the car looked like crap. When it was clean (and not in bright sunlight, which shows all the tiny scratches), it looked awesome. I just got tired of spending endless hours keeping the damn thing clean and cringing as the scratches increased over the years. Glaze and light compounding can help a bit, but even one of the best profesional detailers on the west coast couldn't make it look like new.

I've got a pewter Z06, and if I don't wash it for a month, it still looks perfectly clean and new. Now I spend my free time driving and enjoying the car, not always cleaning/waxing it and being ashamed of the paint in sunlight.

I was just giving you the perspective of someone who owned a black sports car. Sorry if the truth offended you. Enjoy your black Z.
Beautiful Vette you've got there!!!

Pretty rare color too!
Old 07-31-2002, 10:53 PM
Zboy

I agree with what Zztopp is saying. Black is one of my favourite colors on a sports car in terms of looks. Black cars look elegant, stylish, and agressive. But in terms of maintenance it is a royal pain in the @ss. I was pondering on a Black Z for myself ,for a while. but once I accepted the fact that I cannot take care of it, as it should be taken care of, I scratched that idea.
If you are ever planning on reselling your car, it will affect its resale value too, I am thinking.

But if you are very careful with your cars and can stand to hand wash/wax it often, you will really enjoy your Black Z!

Quick Reply: Black 350Z high res and low res photos.