Off
48.93%
Voters: 280. You may not vote on this poll

Do you drive with TCS "ON" or "OFF"

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 11:42 AM
chingwithbling

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think that no matter how much of a baller you think you are, it should be left on during daily driving. Now if you want to have some fun during your daily driving, then I guess you can turn it off, but you never really know when you'll need it, and you might not be as good of a driver as you think you are when the a situation arises. But I guess that makes me a ***** now, but we'll see who's the ***** when you guys spin out. I've been in the situation, it wasn't nice.
Lawy'dU

Mine is off all of the time. I get a little crazy in turns on both the track and on the street (when safe) and I'm so used to not having it on that whenever it is on it throws off my driving style.
Villa67

Originally Posted by stein
on - highway, raining/wet road
off - city driving
+1
Old 07-09-2007, 11:43 AM
Lawy'dU

Originally Posted by Datona Jess
I shut mine off everytime I get in the car...

Unless it starts pouring or snowing, then I turn it back on, move two lanes over and cruise in the slow lane....
doesn't it stay off when you turn the car off? Mine does at least. The light is on for a while and then goes out.
Old 07-09-2007, 11:51 AM
Accordaleer

I've had it on but thats because im still getting used to the feel for the car and driving RWD. Been a good month now and ive been taking it off a lot more, because it drives me crazy when i get on it and slip light blinks and my engine poops out for few seconds. I forgot i had it on the other day and gassed it into a turn and drifted a bit but i know ive gotten better since i didnt even flinch i just corrected it.
Old 07-09-2007, 11:52 AM
Z04

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Flee0588
I prefer it. TCS and VDC are for PUSSIES!!!!! I drive base too and havent had ABS since I put in my diff. So...yeh like I said, driving aids are for pussies/*****es.

this coming form the guy that bought a base plus power steering is a driving aid, along with ABS. las ti checked even a base has this, so you know what that means.......
Old 07-09-2007, 12:02 PM
push

Originally Posted by chingwithbling
I think that no matter how much of a baller you think you are, it should be left on during daily driving. Now if you want to have some fun during your daily driving, then I guess you can turn it off, but you never really know when you'll need it, and you might not be as good of a driver as you think you are when the a situation arises. But I guess that makes me a ***** now, but we'll see who's the ***** when you guys spin out. I've been in the situation, it wasn't nice.
If I get into a hairy situation, I'd rather be able to control my car rather than let a computer cut off the throttle and potentially make it worse. Nothing like accidentally getting the car sideways and having it cut the throttle and have to deal with snap oversteer.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:07 PM
Brrcats

I usually have the VDC on becuase thats the way it is when I start the car, I've been taking it off more regularly now and it feels much smoother during accelleration.

Hell, I dont even want to go out in the rain, freaks me out since i"m still on my stock tires. I've heard one too many horror stories
Old 07-09-2007, 12:19 PM
NGZ

The electronics are confused by my non-stock setup, so my car behaves more predictably with VDC off. VDC is the most obnoxious and barbaric system in the Z.

VDC off all the time.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:25 PM
md350

I always turn it off. I hate when it kicks in and I have complete control of the car. And if I didn't have control, I'd much prefer to correct it myself than have the computer do it, cutting power and possibly causing more problems. Only time I use it is when its wet out.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:27 PM
Wheelman

I have a base, so I roll with TCS off all the time. I ain't scared.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:36 PM
OffsetZ33

OFF - and it stays off all the time

TCS/VDC Module from here:
http://www.kptechnologies.com/
Old 07-09-2007, 12:38 PM
PM-Performance

For regular driving I will keep it on.
If I know Im gonna get in it real hard in some twisties I turn it off.
I think it is wayyyyy tooo sensative for any real spirited driving.
I am not a fan of aided driving devices.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:38 PM
joe3906

Alway's on, never tried driving the car with it off, maybe I should. Figured, if Nissan recommends you drive with it on, they're the manufacturers, they know what they're doing. Is there a major advantage when driving with the Traction Control System in the "off" position, what's the big deal?
Old 07-09-2007, 12:43 PM
hollywood_93b

Off unless its raining.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:44 PM
hollywood_93b

Originally Posted by joe3906
Alway's on, never tried driving the car with it off, maybe I should. Figured, if Nissan recommends you drive with it on, they're the manufacturers, they know what they're doing. Is there a major advantage when driving with the Traction Control System in the "off" position, what's the big deal?

Well if you want to "get on it" it needs to be off, otherwise it's going to cut throttle. Have you never "gotten on it"?
Old 07-09-2007, 12:45 PM
md350

Yeah, a very big one. You'll especially notice it when flooring it in a straight line because it won't be cutting off engine power. If you've never floored it with TCS off you've never felt the Z's real speed before.

It won't stop your tires from spinning anymore though - that's its function, good or bad. So if aren't aware of this while driving, yes, you could lose it.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:46 PM
Tubbs

lol. Perhaps you should just leave it on.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:49 PM
Jersey Joe

Originally Posted by Wheelman
I have a base, so I roll with TCS off all the time. I ain't scared.

+1 it dosent bother me very much either but i just picked up my car a month ago, lets see how this winter goes
Old 07-09-2007, 12:51 PM
iknowitsfast

normally leave mine on all the time, unless some idiot at a stop light looks like he wants to speed up just to cut in front of me. So the VDC doesnt kick in when i mash the gas pedal. lol

Quick Reply: Do you drive with TCS "ON" or "OFF"