2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Scarfemon...port of departure?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2002, 02:42 AM
mbeguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scarfemon...port of departure?

Hi,
I think this has been said before but I am doing a little hunting. I am using the www.joc.com website to attempt to find the ship containing my car. A person who I trust and whose name I won't mention again, told me that my car departed from Japan on 7/30 and will arrive at Newport News. (Apparently they had a party when that ship left) I believe she indicated the shipping time was about 19 days. What is the port of departure for our Z's?

Sorry ZISME but only the regional offices have been any help. Everyone I have talked with has been nice but only they have provided new information.

Also....has anyone heard leasing information from anywhere yet?

Thanks,
MBEGuy
Old 08-02-2002, 06:00 AM
Scafremon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yokahama
Old 08-02-2002, 06:33 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey MBEGuy, when did you order? Was your tracking number an R or an S? Did you get a VIN yet? My car is coming into Newport News also, but I had an S tracking # and ordered 3-21-02. Mine probably isn't on that ship I would think.
Old 08-02-2002, 06:36 AM
Jill

Originally posted by Dr Bonz
Hey MBEGuy, when did you order? Was your tracking number an R or an S? Did you get a VIN yet? My car is coming into Newport News also, but I had an S tracking # and ordered 3-21-02. Mine probably isn't on that ship I would think.
Doc-
I have an S tracking number, and I got my VIN today. (ordered 3-4-2002) My ETA is 9-12-02 - so I'm guessing mine isn't on that ship either. But, hey, we've been told that you won't get a VIN until your car is on the boat - and I got a VIN, so maybe my car is on that boat. Plus, odd how all the dealers got this information today, huh? (2 days after the boat left...)
Old 08-02-2002, 08:05 AM
mbeguy

Originally posted by Dr Bonz
Hi Dr,
I ordered on 3/16 and have an S2594XX tracking number. I am trying to piece together the information I have. I was told my car left by boat on 7/30 and would arrive in newport news. I cannot find a ship to match these statements so I have to wonder what is off. I have been told my order shows up on my dealers list of cars to recieve by eng of Aug, but they do not have a VIN number for any of their first allotment still.

I will be happy to get it by mid sept but would love to find out it is one of the 2600 Zs on the boat arriving in LA on the 12th and being railed into NC.

Must continue to wait...

MBEGuy
Old 08-02-2002, 08:18 AM
c350z

I thought east coast cars come into Jacksonville?
Old 08-02-2002, 08:26 AM
Scafremon

On your Buyers Form, did some of you fail to check the box stating that you did NOT want Nissan to break your car in for you?

If you didn't check that box, then your car gets delivered to the opposite coast, and InternetAbyss drives it to your particular dealer. Your car arrives already broken in!
Old 08-02-2002, 08:40 AM
marcZZZ
not a regular pain in the ass

Default Vin number

Originally posted by ZGiRL

Doc-
I have an S tracking number, and I got my VIN today. (ordered 3-4-2002) My ETA is 9-12-02 - so I'm guessing mine isn't on that ship either. But, hey, we've been told that you won't get a VIN until your car is on the boat - and I got a VIN, so maybe my car is on that boat. Plus, odd how all the dealers got this information today, huh? (2 days after the boat left...)
Z-girl, how did you get your Vin #? Did nissan send you something or did your dealer call you or did you call them? I obviously need to contact my dealer tomarrow. Thanks for any info,BTW my # is an "R" #, hopefully august delivery, first part of sept OK too
Old 08-02-2002, 08:57 AM
Scafremon

Default Re: Vin number

Originally posted by marcZZZ
Z-girl, how did you get your Vin #? Did nissan send you something or did your dealer call you or did you call them? I obviously need to contact my dealer tomarrow. Thanks for any info,BTW my # is an "R" #, hopefully august delivery, first part of sept OK too
Something wrong here.

You forgot to sign off with your standard, yet always changing closing line! You can't leave us hanging like this!

How's the waiting going Marczzz?