Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

I applaud you MT drivers. I really do...

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 10:05 PM
HDPDZO6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jestasia
omg!!!!! ur a police officer?!?
Only when they pay me.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:06 PM
Jestasia

lol!!! have u ever pulled a Z over? LOL... if so did u let them go or what!! LOL
Old 08-27-2007, 10:08 PM
gsazabi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HDPD350Z
I'll give you a moment to read some more, because you must have missed it. They also contain clutches.

BTW, I know how a TC works...
lol you're actually right..
Old 08-27-2007, 10:09 PM
HDPDZO6

lol!!! have u ever pulled a Z over? LOL... if so did u let them go or what!! LOL
Only had the need to pull one over before, but that driver didn't count... Was a rental. Gave a warning though.

Keep your car clean and in good working order (and don't do anything really stupid in front of me) then I don't bite.

Go against the above though and it's playtime...
Old 08-27-2007, 10:10 PM
HDPDZO6

Originally Posted by gsazabi
lol you're actually right..
It's all good.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:11 PM
Jestasia

Originally Posted by HDPD350Z
Only had the need to pull one over before, but that driver didn't count... Was a rental. Gave a warning though.

Keep your car clean and in good working order (and don't do anything really stupid in front of me) then I don't bite.

Go against the above though and it's playtime...
Old 08-28-2007, 08:28 AM
Kegsbane

I didn't know the cops in Vegas actually pulled people over! I must have seen 10 egregious offenses in front of cops with no stops. I guess the rules are a little different there...
Old 08-28-2007, 08:59 AM
thrill350z

Damn if I didn't have a 6MT I would prob fall asleep. What else are you going to do in the car?
Old 08-28-2007, 09:36 AM
usmanasif

omg!!!!! ur a police officer?!?
What else did you think the PD in his user ID stood for?

We have a few LEOs on these forums.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:40 AM
usmanasif

Originally Posted by dvo
I just leaughed out loud. This just reminded me of the Dave Chappelle skit "when keepin' it real goes wrong"
In our cars, keepin' it real goes wrong only when an MT driver tries to keep it too real and always redlines the car in every gear no matter what.

We call him BJX.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:44 AM
bboypuertoroc

Received 2,446 Likes on 1,768 Posts

Originally Posted by Arnold K.
I went to the Nissan dealership, the same one I got my Z from, because my girlfriend wants a Sentra. After we finished talking about the Sentra, I asked if I could check out one of the 07s they had in the lot. They had a SMB Enthusiast demo on the lot, had something like 1100 miles on it.

Anyways, I've driven a number of 6spd Zs, and between the model years I couldn't really feel any big improvements. Shifting was like pushing a stick through a bag of rocks and the clutch was too heavy (more so than a sports car should be). So after driving the 07 and realizing not much has changed, it got me thinking that you guys have ***** and a ton of patience.

I could never tolerate such a transmission, since the Z is my DD. I just can't go a day without driving it, I really can't. When I was in Santa Monica on business in July, the one thing I missed the most was my car - over my gf, and family. I bet I'm not the only one, too.

Anyways, to me the manual mode is plenty of fun. But I know to you purists that clutch means everything. So my hats go off to you guys. I don't know how you do it, especially those who DD their Z, but it sure as hell does take some incredible patience.

/end girly man rant
I lol at people who whine about stiff clutches.

I loved the clutch in my '03 Z. Stiff as all hell. I hate girly man clutches that can be depressed by a soft breeze.

I also hate manual trannys that you can't tell what gear you're in. You know, the ones that feel like a stick in peanut butter.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:53 AM
Z4Zoro

I think the clutch is fine but shifting from 1st to 2nd can get annoying. So ****ing notchy. I always thought my Z was messed up and I brought it to the dealer. Dealer said just how it is. It still pisses me off andI had my Z for 2 years. Do you think a new short shifter would help this?
Old 08-28-2007, 10:01 AM
NGZ

Originally Posted by Z4Zoro
I think the clutch is fine but shifting from 1st to 2nd can get annoying. So ****ing notchy. I always thought my Z was messed up and I brought it to the dealer. Dealer said just how it is. It still pisses me off andI had my Z for 2 years. Do you think a new short shifter would help this?
Hmm. I think it could make it worse...
Old 08-28-2007, 10:14 AM
noir06

As was mentioned in a previous post.....for regular "daily driving" shifts, a little bit of what I would call "residual throttle" to keep the revs from falling too far between gears smooths things out considerably. Especially in the lower gears.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:23 AM
Ztalker

Originally Posted by zpak
"Stick through a bag of rocks" is as far from the shifter's nature as possible. It's short-throw, notchy, snickety-snick, tight. Clutch feel is springy and sharp, not much different than most sports car transmissions I've driven (in many cases, much better).

+1
Old 08-28-2007, 10:29 AM
Ztalker

Originally Posted by Z_Driver
If you keep a little gas in when you shift it will not be so notchy for those of you that don't know. This car was built to be under throttle during acceleration.
I like them that way. In traffic you'll notice the notchiness a little more cause you'll upshift without supplying a bit of gas at times.

^someone who knows how to drive a MT^
Old 08-28-2007, 10:30 AM
fr0ng

Originally Posted by Arnold K.
I went to the Nissan dealership, the same one I got my Z from, because my girlfriend wants a Sentra. After we finished talking about the Sentra, I asked if I could check out one of the 07s they had in the lot. They had a SMB Enthusiast demo on the lot, had something like 1100 miles on it.

Anyways, I've driven a number of 6spd Zs, and between the model years I couldn't really feel any big improvements. Shifting was like pushing a stick through a bag of rocks and the clutch was too heavy (more so than a sports car should be). So after driving the 07 and realizing not much has changed, it got me thinking that you guys have ***** and a ton of patience.

I could never tolerate such a transmission, since the Z is my DD. I just can't go a day without driving it, I really can't. When I was in Santa Monica on business in July, the one thing I missed the most was my car - over my gf, and family. I bet I'm not the only one, too.

Anyways, to me the manual mode is plenty of fun. But I know to you purists that clutch means everything. So my hats go off to you guys. I don't know how you do it, especially those who DD their Z, but it sure as hell does take some incredible patience.

/end girly man rant

sounds like you should be driving a luxury car instead of a sports car
Old 08-28-2007, 11:35 AM
bailey bill

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nahh...but a little practice might.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:41 AM
Eazzy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bailey bill
Nahh...but a little practice might.
That and not sweatin the small stuff. 2 years is a long time to obsess, Better ways to spend 2 years. LIKE QUIT BLAMING THE MACHINE AND CONSENTRATE ON THE OPERATOR !!!!

I must be blessed ---I have an '03 with 60,000 and the notorious "bad" trans mission and never a bit of trouble ---Period

Last edited by Eazzy; 08-28-2007 at 11:43 AM.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:44 AM
Eazzy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Correction: I changed fluid the first time last week

Quick Reply: I applaud you MT drivers. I really do...