2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

"R" number, no VIN,no est arrival date

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2002, 09:02 AM
marcZZZ
not a regular pain in the ass

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "R" number, no VIN,no est arrival date

I have an "R" number, ordered 1/11, was the only car on my dealers production list for over 2 months. Called the dealer today. 3 of the 8 preorder cars got VIN's today, they were all "S"'s, these cars also have estimated arrival dates. I originally was told august delivery, now no one knows. I guess I just don't understand how the people who ordered in february and march can be getting their cars before those of us who ordered in january. Can anyone shed some light on this? I also hope that nissan gets it together and gets the majority of these early preorder cars here in a timely manner. I am very disappointed since some folks are getting estimated dates now as late as 09/18...it seems that something isn't right. I will research this further.....and ponder my decision to purcahse my 4th Z, most likely my last BTW I did talk to the GM at my dealership, my salesperson doesn't work there any longer..go figure
Old 08-03-2002, 09:09 AM
Shogun
Charter Member #54

From an earlier thread it seems that the units ordered with nav. are going to be the first to arrive. More margin?

However, this is coming from a man who ordered 1-15 and has a "T" tracking number and no nav. I thought it was the splashguards.

Last edited by Shogun; 08-03-2002 at 09:23 AM.
Old 08-03-2002, 09:16 AM
marcZZZ

Default splashguards

Originally posted by Shogun
From an earlier thread it seems that the units ordered with nav. are going to be the first to arrive. More margin?

However this is coming from a man who ordered 1-15 and has a "T" tracking number and no nav. I thought it was the splashguards.
I ordered chrome silver, touring, splashguards no navi AT, that could be the reason who knows, anyone getting a car or have a VIN with splashguards?The car order was faxed on 01/15
Old 08-03-2002, 09:18 AM
ZON

Default Re: "R" number, no VIN,no est arrival date

Originally posted by marcZZZ
I will research this further.....and ponder my decision to purcahse my 4th Z, most likely my last BTW I did talk to the GM at my dealership, my salesperson doesn't work there any longer..go figure
Marcy you are sounding like your getting bitter! I hope you don't decide to throw in the towel. Patience! I have been here with you all these months and would hate to see you go.
Old 08-03-2002, 09:19 AM
raceboy
Banned

I don't have Navi, got a VIN and arrival date of 8/31.
Old 08-03-2002, 09:20 AM
westpak
SFZCC

I don't know how they figured the manufactoring but I ordered:

Enthusiast
Daytona Blue
Kickplates
Aero
mats all
spalsh guards

I got Vin, an S order and sent in on 2/25, expect 9/6
Old 08-03-2002, 10:06 AM
ZBarrister

Don't panic Marc..i'm in the exact same boat as you. I know at my dealer someone with an S number has a delivery date about August 31.

Meanwhile no news on mine yet and I ordered sooner and have an R number.

Deep breaths and patience!
Old 08-03-2002, 04:58 PM
archduke

Default were with you

Marczzz I responded in depth to you in the above post who has a vin.
Just like Gloria Gaynor (I think) said "We Will Survive" although it may be a rough journey near the end.
Rich
Old 08-03-2002, 06:37 PM
LowFuel

PLEASE REMEMBER: When YOU placed your order is not necessarily when your DEALER placed your order. For one thing, 1/11 is 6 days before the pre-order program started, so at a minimum your order was placed 1/17. I placed my order 1/17, but recently found out my dealer placed ALL their pre-orders at the same time - 2/12.

All I'm saying is, it's easy to blame the entire Nissan entity, but in point of fact it could be simply that your dealer screwed up and submitted your order late. I think it'd be a shame if you blacklisted Nissan products for the rest of your life because of a lazy salesmen.

What I'd recommend you do is get in touch with Nissan directly and find out when your dealer submitted your order, it may shed some light on the situation (but, unfortunately, it might not change it).
Old 08-03-2002, 06:45 PM
archduke

Default order placed properly

My order was faxed on 1/15/02. The dealer aka inventory manager did his part. Why some are not getting their vin #'s in a more timely fashion is the $64 million question.
(I have received a vin as of yesterday.)
Old 08-03-2002, 06:50 PM
Scafremon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chin up Marcy!

The poor communication that you (and quite a few of us) have received could mean that there is actually good news just around the corner for you, it just hasn't made it's way to you yet. I wouldn't be surprised if very shortly (like next week) you receive information that will improve your outlook.

I'm hoping so, for you. You have been one of the more patient pre-orderers, even if you sometimes sign off that you aren't 'waiting patiently'.

Hopefully you can find some comfort in knowing that your situation is not unique. There are many others who like you ordered day-one, and are also in the dark as to delivery. This was the driving reason for me to create the data tables; so each of us can see how things are shaking loose.

So hang in there a bit longer. We are in the final stretch. If you don't hear good news soon, and if others do, then maybe you would want to consider printing the data I've collected, and visit your dealer with it. Maybe that can at least show the dealer that there is substance behind your concerns. Maybe that info can create a spark in your dealer to be more adamant in getting the info you need.

Jeff
Old 08-03-2002, 06:51 PM
blueshift
Charter Member #83

Well that makes me feel better...

archduke has an "R" order number and also has a VIN

Old 08-03-2002, 06:57 PM
2003z

Marcy,
Have your dealership call the regional office where they faxed the order to originally and check the status with them. Thats how mine got my VIN number for me.
Old 08-03-2002, 07:05 PM
Scafremon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It truely does make me feel better.

I like the fact that even though he has been the recipient of good news, he hasn't abandoned the rest of us. It would be so easy for those that have received VIN's and early September deliveries to forget about the many of us who have yet to receive order numbers, let alone VIN's, and to start thinking "I got what I wanted - everything is fine - don't know why you all are complaining so much".

I'm glad that in these people's excitement, (and which we all are enjoying sharing in), they haven't forgotten about the frustration they may have experienced prior, or at least, can see the frustration some of us continue to experience.

Thanks Archduke!
Old 08-03-2002, 07:13 PM
mdouvris

Default Hang On!

Marczzz, I feel your pain. I ordered March 1. Im looking at October possibly November. I know some dealers are trying to help and others don't give a damn. We unfortunately have dealers in the latter category. My dealers GM called and gave me my T# and told me to track it on the Nissan site! He is the GM for pete's sake! What an idiot! After I get my car I will find another dealer to service it. There has to be one good one in Chicago. There has to be a good one by you as well. Peace
Old 08-03-2002, 07:22 PM
perfectlyfrank
Charter Member #09

Default Re: Hang On!

Originally posted by mdouvris
There has to be one good one in Chicago.
Arlington Nissan in Buffalo Grove has only been marginally better than your dealer. Any information requires constant prodding. I have heard good things about Star Nissan in Niles. It's a little bit out of my way but, they won the Nissan Owner First Award of Excellence for 2002, so I'll probably be taking my Z there for service. I might be buying an Xterra in the next couple weeks, so I may head over there. I wish I would have gone there when I preordered the Z.
Old 08-03-2002, 09:50 PM
ZGATOR

I ordered a touring model 6sp blk with no nav ( useless - I know my way around south florida) and splash guards. I have a VIN# and anticipated delivery date of Sept 6th +/- 5 days.

I don't know what is going on out there but most likely the local dealers are to blame. They have complete control of the game. The game is supply (LOW) & demand (HIGH).

Let's analyze this for a minute. They have your deposit. They know you want the car really bad. Basically the car is sold the minute it arrives - the sale has been made why should they have to put any effort into finding information for you. If you decide to get your depopsit back they will turn around and sell it in a heartbeat. Yes I know that it sucks but what can you do.
Old 08-04-2002, 12:37 AM
Jewelz350

ZGATOR, preach it brother! You are exactly right. I'm really disappointed in my dealership. They have made no effort IMO. This is how my scene plays out. I call (long distance), get switched around 3 times before finally getting my sales person, he puts me on hold (let me remind you--LONG DISTANCE) comes back on and says no news. Oh, but they will let me know when they get some. Uh, sure. Last Friday I called yet again but my guy was off. So, being the polite girl I am, I ask the nice guy if there has been any new info. Nope. Um...people are starting to get their VINs and delivery dates, could you check to see if mine has arrived. He told me NO! He's pretty sure there isn't any info. They guy didn't even check. LOSER LOL Done venting.
Old 08-04-2002, 12:42 AM
NittoZ
Charter Member #65

So I guess my having a W order number means next millenium eh?

NittoZ
Old 08-04-2002, 12:46 AM
marcZZZ

Originally posted by LowFuel
PLEASE REMEMBER: When YOU placed your order is not necessarily when your DEALER placed your order. For one thing, 1/11 is 6 days before the pre-order program started, so at a minimum your order was placed 1/17. I placed my order 1/17, but recently found out my dealer placed ALL their pre-orders at the same time - 2/12.

All I'm saying is, it's easy to blame the entire Nissan entity, but in point of fact it could be simply that your dealer screwed up and submitted your order late. I think it'd be a shame if you blacklisted Nissan products for the rest of your life because of a lazy salesmen.

What I'd recommend you do is get in touch with Nissan directly and find out when your dealer submitted your order, it may shed some light on the situation (but, unfortunately, it might not change it).
Order was faxed in on 01/15, I am not bitter, just very disappointed,I would rather hear nothing than lies, but during this whole situation a little more communication would have been very helpful and this whole preorder fiasco would have ben a more pleasant experience. I will continue to wait, another post suggested that all cars with 07/02 builds are in the NNA computer, the vins the dealer gave me are the ones on the weekly production reports. I think I will get in touch with Nissan directly, do I use the 1-800 #?BTW thanks alot you guys for hearing me out, it feels better just to vent and feel the pain with others who are feeling the same way, thanks guys and gals

Last edited by marcZZZ; 08-04-2002 at 12:55 AM.