Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Do Not Buy The Z!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2007, 09:36 AM
Z04

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SILVER 03Z
I purchased my 03 as a 2nd owner. The car had 19k on it when I purchased and ran great. I started having trouble around 38k. In a nut shell, here are the issues...

1...Check engine light came on, found out a coil pack was blown.

2...Driver side window motor stopped working.

3...Recall on the gas filler tube. Supposedly they are cracking and causing fires.

4...Occasionally, the car will not start. I put the key in, turn it and nothing. Eventually it will start after I try it 10 or more times in a row. To this day Nissan has yet to diagnose the issue.

5...3rd gear was making a grinding noise. I took this back to Nissan 3 times, finally they replaced the transmission at 50k. During this, one of there idiot mechanics did not place the lift right under the car and cracked the passenger ground effect. They denied this was their doing.

I have attempted to contact Nissan customer service numerous times with no luck. They do not call you back and it is impossible to talk with a supervisor. All the above problems were fixed, minus the no start issue, under warranty.

The rear suspension is really bad in the 03's and causes excessive tire wear. I purchased new rear tires in Nov of 06, when I went for inspection in March of 07, they told me I needed new rear tires. Now mind you I drive all highway and do not race this car. The tire company refused to take responsibility for this issue.

Nissan is a headache to deal with and they DO NOT stand behind their cars. DO NOT buy a Nissan, you will deeply regret it!!

that is what you get for not doing your homework or researching a car first. no reason to blame the car manufacturer for your mistake. now don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Old 09-02-2007, 09:37 AM
sofa king
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! this guy was such a good asset to the forum!!1 nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!
Old 09-02-2007, 09:39 AM
Z04

Originally Posted by sofa king
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! this guy was such a good asset to the forum!!1 nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

yeah, the majority of his posts are nothing but whinefests for buying this car. no big loss
Old 09-02-2007, 09:41 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

Originally Posted by brickyardzee
What dealership are you at? Think I will slip in right behind you and gobble it up for song!
Hey come on down to Dodge in Fort Leonard Wood, they are giving me an even trade on the Z for the Viper
Old 09-02-2007, 09:49 AM
SILVER 03Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To all the "know it all's on here"..I did do a vehicle history before I purchased geniuses! All maintenance was done on time and there was no previous accidents, repairs, or body work done to the vehicle. As far as these symptoms showing sign of abuse..when the tranny was replaced the clutch was fine with very minimal wear. As far as this being nissans best built vehicle.....thats pretty damn sad considering the issues I've had and other Z owners have had on this site. Do some research and you will see, many other Z owners have had their tranny's replaced much sooner then I did.
Old 09-02-2007, 10:30 AM
Z04

To all the "know it all's on here"..I did do a vehicle history before I purchased geniuses! All maintenance was done on time and there was no previous accidents, repairs, or body work done to the vehicle. As far as these symptoms showing sign of abuse..when the tranny was replaced the clutch was fine with very minimal wear. As far as this being nissans best built vehicle.....thats pretty damn sad considering the issues I've had and other Z owners have had on this site. Do some research and you will see, many other Z owners have had their tranny's replaced much sooner then I did.
vehicle history don't mean crap and was not the research that was being discussed. you bought a first year car without checking on it first. you should have taken your own advice and checked to see if the car year you was buying had any issues, matter of fact a simple search on the internet and this site prior to buying would have told you plenty. that is what was meant by research. plus there are plenty of happy Z owners here that bought their cars after the first year because of the problems the 03 crowd were having. so do us a favor, instead of continually *****ing about it and trying to badmouth a car because you had a bad experience due to your lack of research, just stop posting. go buy yourself a honda and stay away from sports cars in general, especially first year ones.
Old 09-02-2007, 10:36 AM
zand02max
350Z-holic

If you did your research Mr. Smarty pants, then why did you buy an 03?
Old 09-02-2007, 11:28 AM
stalarman@yahoo

another retarded post and as for you OP, im having a bad day.. and IM TAKING IT OUT ON YOU. Yorue an idiot, window motor goes out, THE Z has nothign to do with a dumb mechanic. Nothing causes fires besides your flamin self, flamer so stfu. stop complaining about the Z. man... dumb post after another.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:46 AM
JJ350

Originally Posted by michaeljr6
well you bought a used SPORTS car.....

you = fail

used SPORTS car = beat the **** out
You got to be kidding me...
Old 09-02-2007, 12:10 PM
monkey_zee

Get the fu@k out of this forum. All sports cars can have issues.
Old 09-02-2007, 12:12 PM
chriskabobbers

dont like the Z, go somewhere else buddy.
Old 09-02-2007, 12:20 PM
DanielW
Banned

due, while all of us have probably had one problem or another with our Z/s I think, as stated before, you are the minority. You got a lemon, it happens with ALL types of cars. The Z is deffinitely not the best built car in the world or the most reliable but for what it is its a great car.
Old 09-02-2007, 12:42 PM
Ruthless18x

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Silver03Z = Douche Bag
Old 09-02-2007, 12:51 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by Ruthless18x
Silver03Z = Douche Bag
Old 09-02-2007, 01:11 PM
DevinB

Originally Posted by zand02max
If you did your research Mr. Smarty pants, then why did you buy an 03?
What are you trying to say? That the 03 is inferior to all other model years?
Old 09-02-2007, 01:14 PM
jones21

I got my 05 pre owned.. ive yet to have any problems.. runs great sp far.. and every car has there problems
Old 09-02-2007, 01:15 PM
n1sm0r

Vote for Ban.

First things first, you ***** too much. You don't know how to fix your ****.
Old 09-02-2007, 01:24 PM
roast

I've got this blowup doll... but the manufacturer lied to me... it doesn't feel like the real thing (not that I would know what the real thing feels like)....but there are a lot of jagged edges that are painful. It's also not as pretty in person as it is in the pictures... I've had to patch 4 leaks and I have to clean it after every use... absolutely ridiculous... I want my money back.
Old 09-02-2007, 01:36 PM
Z04

Originally Posted by roast
I've got this blowup doll... but the manufacturer lied to me... it doesn't feel like the real thing (not that I would know what the real thing feels like)....but there are a lot of jagged edges that are painful. It's also not as pretty in person as it is in the pictures... I've had to patch 4 leaks and I have to clean it after every use... absolutely ridiculous... I want my money back.

Old 09-02-2007, 02:04 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Exclamation

Of course you checked Consumer Reports reliability data before you bought a 2003 right?

Last edited by davidv; 09-02-2007 at 02:19 PM.

Quick Reply: Do Not Buy The Z!!