Old 09-12-2007, 01:29 PM
Guy the Larry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you must've been sitting like an F1 racer and be 6'5"

still dont managed to do so
Old 09-12-2007, 02:24 PM
Mrsparkle80

I say trade in the car and pick up one of these--but make sure you get a driver first.

Old 09-12-2007, 02:24 PM
Fairly Z

I find it easy to control the car without VDC, except in the rain. THAT would be suicide. I usually drive without VDC In manual mode, and with it in auto.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:18 PM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Firebase99
... The VDC was OFF when I turned the car back on.
That doesn't sound right. VDC's default state is on after restarting the car.

--Spike

Last edited by Spike100; 09-12-2007 at 03:54 PM.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:38 PM
Nismospeed4life

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tubbs
HAHAHAHAHA!! OOOH yes... the VDC is also known as the SUICIDE button. Once pressed, it turns the car into an uncontrollable spin beast.
I agree!
Old 09-12-2007, 03:40 PM
Nismospeed4life

Originally Posted by key_darren
how big was the bug?
I personally think he was getting a B.J.
Old 09-12-2007, 04:01 PM
itsjiggajames

Most people who spin their cars out probally shift into the wrong gear locking their rear tires up and spinning out... gotta to make sure you are in the correct gear and ease off the clutch slightly slower in wet conditions.. VDC button or not.
Old 09-12-2007, 04:05 PM
Nismospeed4life

I would recomend knee-pads for your next adventure.
Old 09-12-2007, 04:06 PM
Tubbs

Originally Posted by Nismospeed4life
I would recomend knee-pads for your next adventure.

I'd recommend the bus.
Old 09-12-2007, 04:07 PM
Nismospeed4life

Originally Posted by Tubbs
I'd recommend the bus.
Old 09-12-2007, 04:30 PM
shinkuu

a bit too late now but you should also invest in AAA. they give u 7 free tow miles and depending on ur service, you get 100 or more free tow miles for the year. its a lot cheaper than a one time tow.
Old 09-12-2007, 04:38 PM
06Gcoupin

That is by far the most hilarious made-up story to fool e-people on a forum Ive ever seen. There is no way your knee reached and perfectly pressed the VDC button "accidentally" because a f*cking bug "flew on your lap" and you "freaked out"... Why not just straight out say you drove without VDC on, you took a turn too hot, and you f*cked up....Some people will give you sh*t and flame you, but most will respect you for telling the truth and owning up to your f*ckup. Ive done my share of sh*t, but Ive learned from my sh*t. Why make up some ridiculous story homie? Good luck with any repairs ....
Old 09-12-2007, 08:11 PM
Fairly Z

Jeez, I've never seen someone get flamed to badly in my life. So, what if the guy's got knees capable of doing that? Who knows? And, I'd sure as hell freak if there was a bug on my knee, because I'm a complete pansy when it comes to bugs. Anyways, we know what happened, he provided facts, let's just say "Glad you're okay."
Old 09-12-2007, 08:49 PM
sporkdevil

I still haven't touched my VDC button. I'm about a month (well, under, I still have the dealer tags) into the 350z, and I'm still working so I know the limits of the cars handling, but have not had the ***** to hit that button.

Is there that much of a difference? Will that screech into 2nd be longer, or what?
Old 09-12-2007, 10:08 PM
itsjiggajames

Originally Posted by sporkdevil
I still haven't touched my VDC button. I'm about a month (well, under, I still have the dealer tags) into the 350z, and I'm still working so I know the limits of the cars handling, but have not had the ***** to hit that button.

Is there that much of a difference? Will that screech into 2nd be longer, or what?
To answer your question.. yes 2nd screech will be longer.. but if you launch with TCS on, say hello to power loss and bogging in 1st.

To me, VDC and TCS do jack ****.. I came from an e46 3series which had crazier control over the car.. DCS, which was far better then VDC. All these threads about VDC off and crashing make me laugh. The hell is wrong with you guys.. it is not a performance instrument, it is a SLIGHT prevention. But the driver is the NUMBER ONE prevention in accidents. Im in the 350z now and if I do any aggressive driving with any safety on it feels as if i'm going getting **** blocked.. hard. But different strokes for different folks.. I remember on my e46 I had DCS "on" one time and i took a turn hard while giving it gas and the car cut power and corrected my line and I almost ran into a curb.. Most people feel DCS or VDC or TCS will save you when you drive hard, but rather its the driver behind the wheel.. those safety systems cannot save your a$$ if physics is not on your side. The only thing I believe VDC or TCS helps is in horrible weather, and the car is tempted to slide a certain way.. or spin the rear wheels. Then yes, these systems help. But you shouldn't be driving that aggressively in bad weather to lose traction anyway.. just my 2 cents. And for people that have never turned it off. TRY IT. Nothing magical happens under normal driving conditions. Try flooring it in 1st and do a 90 degree left or right turn.. the outcome of that is what TCS and VDC try to prevent.. but like I've said numerous times.. its the driver, not the car, not the VDC, not the TCS!

Last edited by itsjiggajames; 09-12-2007 at 10:57 PM.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:16 PM
Blacryan

Just for argumnet sake. I have actually hit the VDC button w/ my knee before on accident. Shockingly enough it didnt do anything to my car or me but it happened! I've also hit the gas door a couple times.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:17 PM
ohSIXz

Originally Posted by Kuruma-san
so... are you saying that a bug made you almost wreck your car?
almost happened to me too! a wasp was in my car and i put the window down and was trying to "shoo" it out while driving and i curbed both my passanger side rims. $200 to refinish both rims in total.

BUGS = ENEMY #1
Old 09-12-2007, 11:23 PM
ohSIXz

Originally Posted by itsjiggajames
To answer your question.. yes 2nd screech will be longer.. but if you launch with TCS on, say hello to power loss and bogging in 1st.

To me, VDC and TCS do jack ****.. I came from an e46 3series which had crazier control over the car.. DCS, which was far better then VDC. All these threads about VDC off and crashing make me laugh. The hell is wrong with you guys.. it is not a performance instrument, it is a SLIGHT prevention. But the driver is the NUMBER ONE prevention in accidents. Im in the 350z now and if I do any aggressive driving with any safety on it feels as if i'm going getting **** blocked.. hard. But different strokes for different folks.. I remember on my e46 I had DCS "on" one time and i took a turn hard while giving it gas and the car cut power and corrected my line and I almost ran into a curb.. Most people feel DCS or VDC or TCS will save you when you drive hard, but rather its the driver behind the wheel.. those safety systems cannot save your a$$ if physics is not on your side. The only thing I believe VDC or TCS helps is in horrible weather, and the car is tempted to slide a certain way.. or spin the rear wheels. Then yes, these systems help. But you shouldn't be driving that aggressively in bad weather to lose traction anyway.. just my 2 cents. And for people that have never turned it off. TRY IT. Nothing magical happens under normal driving conditions. Try flooring it in 1st and do a 90 degree left or right turn.. the outcome of that is what TCS and VDC try to prevent.. but like I've said numerous times.. its the driver, not the car, not the VDC, not the TCS!

i thought the e46 was the m3. if so....why the hell did u get a z? if ALL 3-series (323 325, 328 and 330) bear the e46 name... i should spend more time on the bmw forums cuz im not a bimmer guy.

P.S - cucamonga CRACKA KILLAS!
Old 09-12-2007, 11:32 PM
DevinB

Originally Posted by sporkdevil

A whole month and never once turned vdc off? I find that extremely hard to believe. Right before i left the lot after buying my car, i asked the salesmen to show me where the traction button was located and tore the hell out of the there.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:02 AM
SpeedRcr

you had the vdc off to begin with didnt you...

Quick Reply: VDC off=$200 tow truck