Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

VDC off=$200 tow truck

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 03:41 AM
SuperBlack350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ohSIXz
i thought the e46 was the m3. if so....why the hell did u get a z? if ALL 3-series (323 325, 328 and 330) bear the e46 name... i should spend more time on the bmw forums cuz im not a bimmer guy.

P.S - cucamonga CRACKA KILLAS!
e46 is a style which he has the e46 3 series but not the e46 m3.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:44 AM
Daytona350Texas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fluid1
Natural Selection, you're slacking off.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:59 AM
RICHIZ

Originally Posted by itsjiggajames
To answer your question.. yes 2nd screech will be longer.. but if you launch with TCS on, say hello to power loss and bogging in 1st.

To me, VDC and TCS do jack ****.. I came from an e46 3series which had crazier control over the car.. DCS, which was far better then VDC. All these threads about VDC off and crashing make me laugh. The hell is wrong with you guys.. it is not a performance instrument, it is a SLIGHT prevention. But the driver is the NUMBER ONE prevention in accidents. Im in the 350z now and if I do any aggressive driving with any safety on it feels as if i'm going getting **** blocked.. hard. But different strokes for different folks.. I remember on my e46 I had DCS "on" one time and i took a turn hard while giving it gas and the car cut power and corrected my line and I almost ran into a curb.. Most people feel DCS or VDC or TCS will save you when you drive hard, but rather its the driver behind the wheel.. those safety systems cannot save your a$$ if physics is not on your side. The only thing I believe VDC or TCS helps is in horrible weather, and the car is tempted to slide a certain way.. or spin the rear wheels. Then yes, these systems help. But you shouldn't be driving that aggressively in bad weather to lose traction anyway.. just my 2 cents. And for people that have never turned it off. TRY IT. Nothing magical happens under normal driving conditions. Try flooring it in 1st and do a 90 degree left or right turn.. the outcome of that is what TCS and VDC try to prevent.. but like I've said numerous times.. its the driver, not the car, not the VDC, not the TCS!

Porsche Carrera GT2 FTW! TOP of the RANGE and comes with NO Traction control / computer aided controls what so ever!!! Best "MAN's CAR" of all time!
Old 09-13-2007, 08:57 AM
Tubbs

Originally Posted by itsjiggajames
To answer your question.. yes 2nd screech will be longer.. but if you launch with TCS on, say hello to power loss and bogging in 1st.

To me, VDC and TCS do jack ****.. I came from an e46 3series which had crazier control over the car.. DCS, which was far better then VDC. All these threads about VDC off and crashing make me laugh. The hell is wrong with you guys.. it is not a performance instrument, it is a SLIGHT prevention. But the driver is the NUMBER ONE prevention in accidents. Im in the 350z now and if I do any aggressive driving with any safety on it feels as if i'm going getting **** blocked.. hard. But different strokes for different folks.. I remember on my e46 I had DCS "on" one time and i took a turn hard while giving it gas and the car cut power and corrected my line and I almost ran into a curb.. Most people feel DCS or VDC or TCS will save you when you drive hard, but rather its the driver behind the wheel.. those safety systems cannot save your a$$ if physics is not on your side. The only thing I believe VDC or TCS helps is in horrible weather, and the car is tempted to slide a certain way.. or spin the rear wheels. Then yes, these systems help. But you shouldn't be driving that aggressively in bad weather to lose traction anyway.. just my 2 cents. And for people that have never turned it off. TRY IT. Nothing magical happens under normal driving conditions. Try flooring it in 1st and do a 90 degree left or right turn.. the outcome of that is what TCS and VDC try to prevent.. but like I've said numerous times.. its the driver, not the car, not the VDC, not the TCS!

Drivers have become pussified... as I feared.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:06 AM
sofa king
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tubbs
HAHAHAHAHA!! OOOH yes... the VDC is also known as the SUICIDE button. Once pressed, it turns the car into an uncontrollable spin beast.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:00 AM
daz311x

i believe everything except for the part about the bug landing on your knee
Old 09-13-2007, 12:14 PM
Twon

i only read the first page of posts BUT...

SOMETHING smells fishy here. after watching countless hours of judge alex and divorce court, i know that when something doesnt add up, theyre leaving something out of the story or just plain lying about something.

did you hit 1st instead of 3rd? did you have a chance at saving yourself but didnt know how to coutersteer correctly to do so and make the car go out of control on your own?

whats going on here, you have me only wondering / guessing
Old 09-13-2007, 12:52 PM
Firebase99

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

HOLY SH*T people. Whats so hard to understand? I was driving. Understand? First gear, 2nd gear, shifting INTO 3rd coming INTO the turn and felt the bug. I jumped like a little girl in my seat due to this HUGE effing winged creature was on my knee, I LOATHE bugs, HATE EM!! I banged the VDC!! BIG DEAL!!! I freaked!! I lost control in the rain, well just after the rain. Lost control in RWD sports car on wet surface!!! Is THAT so hard to understand? Geezuz. Im just trying to communicate the importance of VDC to ME at least. No damage, just a tow truck, thank God. Expensive one but thats about it.
Old 09-13-2007, 02:57 PM
Nismospeed4life

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Firebase99
HOLY SH*T people. Whats so hard to understand? I was driving. Understand? First gear, 2nd gear, shifting INTO 3rd coming INTO the turn and felt the bug. I jumped like a little girl in my seat due to this HUGE effing winged creature was on my knee, I LOATHE bugs, HATE EM!! I banged the VDC!! BIG DEAL!!! I freaked!! I lost control in the rain, well just after the rain. Lost control in RWD sports car on wet surface!!! Is THAT so hard to understand? Geezuz. Im just trying to communicate the importance of VDC to ME at least. No damage, just a tow truck, thank God. Expensive one but thats about it.
If it serves of any consilation, I believe you man!
Old 09-13-2007, 03:58 PM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

You're not the only one to experience this:
http://www.automotoportal.com/articl...nvited-insects

--Spike
Old 09-13-2007, 04:12 PM
imprtlvr

Forget about it man! It's all gravy! And, BTW, for those of you that don't live in Florida...we have some of the nastiest, giant, mutated freakin' bugs I've ever seen in my life...I'm sure those of you that have never seen Floridian bugs would freak the f@#! out if one was in your car!
Old 09-13-2007, 04:14 PM
imprtlvr

BTW, VDC on is NOT an option!!! FTW
Old 09-13-2007, 04:21 PM
Spike100

Originally Posted by imprtlvr
BTW, VDC on is NOT an option!!! FTW
Wouldn't that be VDC off is not an option?
Old 09-13-2007, 04:32 PM
noir06

That's weird....I drive a base in the Pacific NW where it's wet more than it's dry....I can't imagine how I ever make it from point A to point B. My car must have come without the "crazy-totally not my fault-unexpected-spin" feature.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:32 PM
imprtlvr

Originally Posted by Spike100
Wouldn't that be VDC off is not an option?

Nope, I never drive with the VDC! Rain or Shine, VDC OFF!!! And, I live in FL where it rains most of the time Had a friend, who's no longer with us, that had that in his signature...this thread just made me think of that!
Old 09-13-2007, 05:00 PM
Spike100

Originally Posted by imprtlvr
Nope, I never drive with the VDC! Rain or Shine, VDC OFF!!! And, I live in FL where it rains most of the time Had a friend, who's no longer with us, that had that in his signature...this thread just made me think of that!
I was pointing out that VDC always defaults to ON.

--Spike
Old 09-13-2007, 05:05 PM
imprtlvr

--Spike
I got ya...like I said...this thread just reminded me of that signature quote, nothing more!
Old 09-13-2007, 05:14 PM
hoss4131

Originally Posted by Tubbs
HAHAHAHAHA!! OOOH yes... the VDC is also known as the SUICIDE button. Once pressed, it turns the car into an uncontrollable spin beast.
this is as far as i had to read in this thread, and i can now rest easy knowing that my base model doesnt have a suicide button...

thank GOODNESS i dont have to worry about that anymore
Old 09-13-2007, 06:32 PM
Spike100

Originally Posted by hoss4131
this is as far as i had to read in this thread, and i can now rest easy knowing that my base model doesnt have a suicide button...

thank GOODNESS i dont have to worry about that anymore
I have a Performance model with VDC, and I really like having this additional stability-device when driving on wet and slippery roadways. VDC has saved me more than once. VDC works, and quite well.

--Spike
Old 09-13-2007, 06:53 PM
KPierson
Banned

--Spike
Not always!

VDC won't help out that much IF the car has no traction. If the tires are spinning on water, the brakes aren't going to help much.

So, here is what I think happened:

OP was driving along, minding his own business.

A small fly landed on his knee, the OP freaked out and threw his knee up, while also pulling his opposite hand down (natural movement). The opposite hand was attached to the steering wheel, causing it to violently jerk down.

Since he was already in a turn, the sudden change in wheel angle would cause the car to spin quickly, especially on a wet road. So quickly that VDC couldn't react fast enough. Again, once all 4 wheels are 100% out of control VDC can do NOTHING to regain control.

So, the car stalled after the little mishap. When he restarted it the VDC light came on to let him know that the sytem detected a malfuntion. I wouldn't be surprised if the VDC light wouldn't go off until either he drove a few miles.

I, too, am an anti VDC guy. It's nice having it shut off automatically each time I start the car (shameless KPtechnologies plug).

Quick Reply: VDC off=$200 tow truck