Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Home from Zfest

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2002, 06:03 AM
ZON

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Home from Zfest

We arrived at Zfest @ about 10:30 AM. The 350's were not there yet so we got to look at a lot of the other cars. There were quite a few nice rides and it was a good turn out.

When the 350Z's arrived we were waiting for them in a strategic position where we might hear some exhaust effects. But they just putted into the parking lot and into the main area where the zfest was being conducted. Two of them were being driven by women who were getting up there in years, one of which was pulling in at about 2 miles per hour in second gear, it seemed, and then up shifted into third and she totally bogged it in. OK!! The next lady did a lot better. As she kind of coasted by she engaged the clutch and then revved it too about 3000/3500 rpm and then eased out the clutch a little. This was a grand tease and I could very much tell the distinct similarity is has with a Ferrari V8 exhaust note. That's the fix I needed. That older lady made my day.

This was the second time I got to check out a 350Z first hand, save driving in one, and I set out to find out a few things I may have failed at before. First, there was a Nissan fellow there helping people check out the Silverstone Track model. I was talking with him and I asked if my girlfriend could get in and check it out. He said sure and I took her picture in it. This was her first time and she was impressed. But she was disappointed that their was no nav in it. I got in to at least show her how the nav door worked and the fellow from Nissan instructed me that you are supposed to pull straight out all the way on the door and then swivel it downward to lock down. It worked flawlessely when attempting in this way and when I tried to close it without pulling it straight out first I had problems. I even asked the Nissan guy if they new of any problems with the Nav door and if they worked out any problems with it and didn't seem to know what I was talking about.
Second, in a old thread a while back we were talking about the outer door handles. I was convinced that they were aluminum and I swore too it that they were. They are not and they really are plastic. I confirmed it with the Nissan fellow. The inside ones are aluminum though. Seems like it should be the other way around if it's going to be one and then the other!

Anyway I'm sorry I have no pic's but I don't have any high tech photo stuff. I took some old fashioned pictures and still need to develope them.

You people with Silverstone and LeMans should be pleased. I was disappointed they didn't have a Daytona there but what the hey. I got to see three all at once!! I bought a Tamiya 350Z 1/24 model kit for $24.00 and a 350Z T shirt for my girlfriend for $20.00.

We went to lunch at a cafe accross the street and after we were there a little while Mr. K and his dignitaries came in to eat lunch also. I did not bother him of coarse, but I like to think I had lunch with Mr. K, ha ha, yah riiiiiieeeeeeght!!
Old 08-05-2002, 06:31 AM
ZON

Oh!! And another thing is on the front strut brace where it crosses over the oil filler cap it is writen with a sharpe, "10w/30 Mobile 1". May be of interest too you. It was on the Silverstone Z.
Old 08-05-2002, 06:38 AM
Yuichi

Talking

You were in the Cafe eh? You should have said hi if I knew there were any Z fans in there I would have invited you to the table. Not like we did much anyways, We waiting about 30-45 minutes for food other then that it was good conversation.

Not much talk of car stuff. I didn't want to be rude and ask them a million questions about the 350Z.

Funny you mention the navigation system. When Mr. Yukawa and his assistant were leaving for (Can't disclose location for you stalkers. Maybe if you ask real nice I'll say where they are staying todayor the other Z's Anyways I thought it was funny they pulled out the map. You would think their cars have the navigation system. That navigation system is worth every penny. Especially for fools like me who get lost.

Anyways more blabbing from me

zya
Yuichi
http://StrictlyZ.com
http://ZDriver.com
http://SportZMagazine.com
Old 08-05-2002, 06:52 AM
ZON

Hi yuichi!! Oh yes I did say high to Mr. K as he walked right by me. He acknowledged me, shyley!! I could not know who you were or I would have made myself known to you , oh well maybe next time. And you are right about one thing, we waited a long time for our food too!! But it was real good when we ate it.

Thanks for all you did for this event!!
Old 08-05-2002, 07:44 AM
Yuichi

Talking

I was the stressed out guy in the ZFEST t-shirt lol. Because of the all the Z guys in the bay area. We should have a Bay Area meet like at a starbucks or over food someday.

Or you guys can head over to StrictlyZ in Campbell, and hopefully I can get a nice TV there soon. I got some cool video footage, the press DVD, and some stuff from Japan. But just thought I'd throw it in there.

Just a thought.. but for now no more big events for me. All the stress is gone now though lol

zya next time!
Yuichi
Old 08-05-2002, 09:39 AM
ZON

StriclyZ in Cambell, eh!! Is that a performance parts store? Or is it a performance shop where you wrench on Z's? Or both? Tell me all about it please!! I love that stuff!! That sounds like a good idea though.

Do you know of Scott Performance in Santa Clara, Yuichi? They are a Z only shop. The owner of it is getting a Track 350Z.
Old 08-05-2002, 10:12 AM
Pooh2002
Charter Member #30

Yuichi,

I thought the Z Fest went very well. I know it takes a lot of work to pull something as complex as that off and make it happen smoothly. I work for a trade organization that does shows and conferences. No one sees all the work that goes into preparation and execution.
Old 08-05-2002, 05:51 PM
zane11

Did anyone there when checking out the interior notice a 0-60 timer inside ?
Old 08-05-2002, 09:14 PM
vanstorm16

Has this 0-60 timer actually been confirmed yet?

I'd love to see some more photos of the Silverstone. There's not enough shots of that color around. Thanks for the excellent detail on the event though!
Old 08-05-2002, 09:28 PM
ZON

Originally posted by vanstorm16
Has this 0-60 timer actually been confirmed yet?

I'd love to see some more photos of the Silverstone. There's not enough shots of that color around. Thanks for the excellent detail on the event though!
Check out pointfivezero's thread "Best Birthday Ever". It's on the second page right now. Also look at "More Silverstone Pic's" by Zdrh.

Thanks

Last edited by ZON; 08-05-2002 at 09:34 PM.
Old 08-05-2002, 10:20 PM
z350z
Charter Member #13

The trip computer has a timer, but I think you have to start/stop it yourself.

I got a few pics at the ZFest, I'll try to post them tonight.

I saw the Silverstone for the first time. It's a nice color, and is very metallic. But it doesn't make the car stand out like Daytona Blue (then again I am kind of biased since blue is my color).

Unfortunately, I got there late and didn't see Mr. K or get to sit in the cars.

-CZ
Old 08-05-2002, 11:40 PM
pointfivezero
Charter Member #16

Z Dreamer...you missed a heck of a show. You could have put your hands on this....
Attached Thumbnails Home from Zfest-wheel.jpg