Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Regrets?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2002, 06:54 AM
1STZEVER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Regrets?

Is anyone regretful of the selections they made early in the preorder process? It's really late in the game now; cancelling and starting over for the sake of making changes would be tortuous. I'm talking color (exterior & interior), package, options, etc? I'm not talking about regretting the purchase in general--I mean, how could that happen?

I cancelled my preorder for unrelated reasons, so I really don't count, but I know for sure that I would regret my color selection. I ordered chrome silver, but I have "seen the light" with Silverstone. Also, even if the CS/Burnt Orange combo were an option I wouldn't have been so "ballsy" as to order orange interior, but now I would definitely get the Silverstone/Orange combo. I think it will look great.

I would be happy with the touring package I had originally selected, but now I think I would have sprung for the Navi.

It's easy for me to admit to regrets since I am not getting one for now anyway, but who's honest enough to admit, in the midst of all this anticipation, that he/she is about to receive a product they wish were just a little bit different?

Regrets, anyone?.........
Old 08-06-2002, 07:00 AM
westpak
SFZCC

None what so ever, Sept 6 +- 5 days cannot come soon enough for this guy, I am happy with color (Daytona Blue) and model (Enthusiast) and I got all options except Nav.
Old 08-06-2002, 07:02 AM
2003z

I still wonder if I should have gotten Silverstone instead of Lemans.
Old 08-06-2002, 07:08 AM
1STZEVER

Originally posted by 2003z
My take on Lemans all along was "Wow, what a cool color". Problem is, how cool would I think it would be 2 or 3 years from now? It will definitely turn heads. It's a color you either love or hate, but I was worried that the latter would surface within me over time.
Old 08-06-2002, 07:08 AM
Phat Z

No regrets at all!

I think the car, color and package are going to be sweet!
Old 08-06-2002, 07:12 AM
TJZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

got base, whish i got enthusiast

got CS, love it, but DB looks damn fine... (would not get silverstone)
Old 08-06-2002, 07:29 AM
Track_350Z

No regrets. I'd still order the exact same today.
Old 08-06-2002, 07:31 AM
Boomer

Default Regrets

Absolutely not! The Touring w/ all the options I got are fine and choosing Brickyard is perfect. Japan and the UK do not have Brickyard listed in their colors and I think we of impeccable taste are going to have the rarest color of all the Zs. I like it!

Boomer
BR/FR/AT
Old 08-06-2002, 07:33 AM
azmo

Got CS..will be happy with it on a daily basis from close to sunset to sunrise because it will shine. However, i feel that it looks very light in direct sunlight. I love how the silverstone looks in the sun. On the other hand i feel that the silverstone will not look as nice as the sun begins to fade. It will no longer have that metallic dark silver (gun metallish) shine and will look a dull dark grey. And on some days i feel that i should have gone for the black. A very aggressive and stylish look. But very difficult to maintain and takes away the small details of the car. Keep in mind that i have not yet seen any of the these colors on the Z in person, just videos and pics.
Old 08-06-2002, 07:43 AM
abz123

Touring package and options... no.

Still torn between silverstone and chrome....my only two serious choices. CS still wins if I had to choose today....but the silverstone is not bad looking either

So, no changes here
Old 08-06-2002, 07:49 AM
gibbsy1
Charter Member #33

Like TJZ, I wish I had sprung for the Enthusiast. But, I did go with Silverstone with no regrets. Although after the DB pics came out, I was wavering!

I've asked this before, with no answer. Can I replace the boring rubber pedals with the aluminum ones?

Dave
Silverstone base + aero & mats
Old 08-06-2002, 08:01 AM
Scafremon

Originally posted by 2003z
Wow!

I have a feeling that this post was tough for you. Single sentence reply. An obviously honest post. Not that others weren't being honest in their comfort level with their decisions. But some of you could still be convincing yourselves.

I questioned my Silverstone choice when I saw Daytona up close.
I questioned my Silverstone choice when I saw Vandy's LeMans pics.
I questioned my Silverstone choice when I saw Silverstone up close.

This was not easy - ordering a car color sight-unseen.

As for trim level, and options - still wondering.

But I know I will be happy with my Z.

Good thread! Thanks!

Last edited by Scafremon; 08-06-2002 at 09:07 AM.
Old 08-06-2002, 08:03 AM
nizl

I wish I would've ordered two!

Seriously!
Old 08-06-2002, 08:13 AM
InternetABYSS

I regret not experimenting in cryogenics.....THis wait is freaking awful.

I was just laughing when some guy said....I just got in the first allocation since someone dropped out.....oh by the way when do i get my car?

MY GOD.....I dont wanna hear I been waiting for a whole 2 months I cant stand it.

I seriously feel that this 7 month wait is longest test of my patience ever.

Just a FYI if someone hits my car or dings it in the parking lot....there will be hell to pay....LOL

Watch for me on the 6'oclock news....."today on the news a blonde hair guy in a brand new 350 Z was jumping up and down on the hood of a SUV driven by a woman that rear ended him on 635. The idividual claims he recently got this car delivered to him and wishes to file a claim that this accident should be tried as a assault on a living thing of beauty."
Old 08-06-2002, 08:13 AM
abz123

>>I questioned my Silverstone choice when I saw Silverstone up close. <<<

What do you mean by this Scaf? Too dark? too light?
Old 08-06-2002, 08:37 AM
Scafremon

Originally posted by abz123
>>I questioned my Silverstone choice when I saw Silverstone up close. <<<

What do you mean by this Scaf? Too dark? too light?
At the time, I thought it was too light. Having seen it again more recently (Jay Leno's borrowed car), I am 100% confident that it looks outstanding.

I honestly had doubts about my choice up until last week. I knew I would be happy with the color no matter, but now I am sure it will look incredible. I don't know if they changed the shade of it, or if it was just the lighting at the oringally sighting.

But I am now happy with my color choice - no regrets there.
Old 08-06-2002, 08:41 AM
Scafremon

As a side note. I must admit those Ray's could've helped the look of the color. I'm not sure those std 17" painted wheels look good on the silver colors (Chrome and Silverstone). I think they look great on the darker colors, but I admit, I am anxious to see a mod where someone removes the paint from, and goes with a brushed/polished aluminum finish to those std rims.

That may be a mod for me, as oppossed to replacing the rims outright.
Old 08-06-2002, 09:01 AM
bayarea-sunset

Don't feel to bad I ordered silverstone originally mainly that was because my wife said she couldnt live with the orange colr.After VandyZ's pics were posted of the lemans she gave me the ok to switch putting me last at my dealers orders.Ive waited a long freaking time to get my first brand new car and I decided it was worth waiting a little longer for what I really wanted.Btw I still love silverstone but I wanted something a little more unique and thats the color of the original concept car I saw way back when
Old 08-06-2002, 09:41 AM
paZtoy
Site Sponsor

I think that you have hit on one of the biggest downsides of this whole pre order process.

TO MUCH TIME TO SECOND GUESS YOURSELF!!

Wanted daytona blue with frost int. salesman was sure that it was a flat color not metal fleck.
2nd choice was pikes peak charcoal int. salesman was sure that it was a plain white not pearl.
swithced to plan 3. silverstone with charcoal int.

ok with options at this point.

then the pictures of the daytona start to show up here and damn
it's one fine looking color with lots of fleck.

talk myself into staying with silverstone,my wife has a car very close to daytona blue and its a mother to keep clean.

silverstone picts start to show up and it's hard to tell them from the chrome silver sometimes.looks good but just doesn't grab your eye as much as the blue.

Saw a post with the cross reference color names and codes that are curently on the max's and pathfinders,stop by the dealer to check these out.

find a silverstone on the lot and it does look good but hard to tell
just how good it looks as it was very overcast and getting towards dusk. didn't have any of the other colors available to see.

check another dealer and they don't have a silverstone but they have the pikes peak. Guess what it's pearl with a gold fleck (very very small, like a dust). now I'm tripping but after looking at it awhile i'm not sure I like the color as much as I thought I would.

got to get back and see the silverstone in better light i guess.
I do know that of all the colors that this the color that i can live with for the next 10+ years that i normally keep my cars (drive a '90 full sized blazer now,won't let that go for any reason)

any more questions?
o yea nav... aero.... but that another story
Old 08-06-2002, 10:22 AM
imsboi

Angry

I do have regrets on choosing Pikes Peak White. All the brochures, building your Z photos, and all the salesman were all misleading. I did not want a pearl white. I wanted a more whiter color. Its the same color as the Maxima (Glacier Pearl), I dont understand why they didnt name the color Glacier Pearl in the first place. It would saved me all this time searching for a picture of the car. I would have rather gone with Daytona Blue, that color is really a hot color. I tried to change my color several times but the dealer ship didnt let me. Because they said Japan had recieved my order and the couldnt change it...but I think that is bull. This is such a big disappointment to me, that in their evaluation im giving them poor marks in everything. Another thing that ticks me off is the late delivery date and also the useless help of 1800-nissan-1.
Toan(an upset customer)

Quick Reply: Regrets?