2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Dealer screwed it up!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2002, 07:10 PM
drivebywire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Dealer screwed it up!

I am so mad and upset at the dealer...
Placed order on 1/21. Thought I could get it early... ended up with T3087nn order number.
Now my dealer is giving me the old BS that unavailibilty of a part is shifting the delivery till November.

Where can I seek help?
Do you have any similar lame dealer crap to tell?
Old 08-06-2002, 07:20 PM
ethan84ae
Charter Member #35

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Which part is unavailable?

Do you know the date that the dealer faxed in your order?

Ethan

Last edited by ethan84ae; 08-06-2002 at 07:35 PM.
Old 08-06-2002, 07:27 PM
justwant1

Default drivebywire

I originally ordered a LeMans Touring with MT and I also received a T order number with an Oct. 31st delivery date. I ordered on Jan. 16th.

Are there any other LeMans Tourings with MT out there that is having this happen to them too?
Old 08-06-2002, 08:10 PM
SunsetZ

I don't think it is that configuration that is causing the problem, since that is the exact car I ordered. Ordered 1/25 just got a call that it will be here on sept 4th.
Old 08-06-2002, 08:12 PM
drivebywire

Very interesting point. Just checked with scafremon website.
None of the delivered cars in Aug, & Sep. are Lemans+touring!!

Any one getting Le/T in Aug/Sep?
Old 08-06-2002, 08:14 PM
drivebywire

Sunset, which dealer did you ordered it from? Ricart? I ordered from Taylor @ Lancaster.
Old 08-06-2002, 08:33 PM
mdouvris

Default It's happening everywhere

I am not in quite the same shape but I ordered on March 1 and recieved a T# as well. We have to face the fact that our dealers don't give a **** about us. After I take delivery, they will never see me or my money again. They do make money on the service. So we can take that from them. It's our only consolation. I only hope the next car I want is made by a company that cares about their customers.
Old 08-06-2002, 08:48 PM
SunsetZ

Ordered from Germain in Columbus.
Old 08-06-2002, 11:47 PM
ncrecordkeeper

I ordered a lemans touring mt as well, in the middle of April. I haven't even bothered looking to see whether I have a R, S or T number. However, my dealer called me about two weeks ago and said that he had been given delivery dates for their first 10 cars. I think I was like the last one of the ten, due to come in on 10/2/02. I think he's giving me good info because up to now, he's been clueless on pretty much everything and he called me out of the blue.
Old 08-07-2002, 12:02 AM
drivebywire

I have no clue ...
Dealer has no clue ...
NNA 800 number is no help ...
One package in 7 months ...
No website or tracing accounts ...
No confirm dates ...

I dont think Nissan has ever done advance order scheme before.
I usually never expect that from nissan!

okay okay I calm down now
Old 08-07-2002, 12:40 AM
Z PHAT Z

You think you are mad and upset? Check out my situation. I ordered on 1/2/02 and my packet # is 320 something and my tracking number is R and my dealer told me my will arrive in late August. I just called them again 5 minutes ago to ask for the VIN number and they told me they don't have it and my car is being push back to October. I was frurious but there is nothing that i can do about it.

Touring Chrome Silver
Old 08-07-2002, 03:32 AM
Zmeflyby

Originally posted by Z PHAT Z
You think you are mad and upset? Check out my situation. I ordered on 1/2/02 and my packet # is 320 something and my tracking number is R and my dealer told me my will arrive in late August. I just called them again 5 minutes ago to ask for the VIN number and they told me they don't have it and my car is being push back to October. I was frurious but there is nothing that i can do about it.

Touring Chrome Silver

damn that really suck..october? i had a S trackin number and i was told mine ish comin in sept!
Old 08-07-2002, 03:34 AM
TJZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

while everyone else is at it, i ordered in June and i have a W tracking number.
Sept. production, November delivery scheduled
Old 08-07-2002, 04:09 AM
3rdpower

I've yet to get my Vin number either. I have been told September however. Dealers could try some tricky business...
S with Sept. 4th delivery date.
Old 08-07-2002, 04:46 AM
3rdpower

I suggest keeping your ear to the grindstone. If ANYONE hears of dealers selling cars under pre-order over MSRP PLEASE let us know!

The whole idea behind not allowing over MSRP was to stop dealers from trying any funny business.
Old 08-07-2002, 07:07 AM
articfury
Charter Member #55

kraZy et al-

I would not put it past a dealer to do what you are suggesting. That said, here are a few points to keep in mind.

The delivery window most of us received was within the Aug-Nov time frame. If there has been a delay, December would not be unreasonable. If there is a delay, though, I think Nissan should communicate this to us.

Also, everyone seems to be assuming that when they placed their order necessarily determines when they will get their car. I've said this a couple of times, from a manufacturing stand point this rarely is the most effecient manner to build things. I don't know enough about car manufacturing so I can't say with a 100% certainty, but I would imagine that Nissan based their production sequence on what makes the most effecient, cost effective production model for them right now. I seem to remember ZISME commenting to this effect back when people were getting upset because their order numbers weren't low enough for their liking. But I am too lazy to search for it.

just my couple o' pieces o' copper

JD
Old 08-07-2002, 07:14 AM
marcZZZ
not a regular pain in the ass

Default Touring chrome silver

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Z PHAT Z

Touring Chrome Silver
[/QUOTEZ PHAT Z, Are you getting MT? What color interior? I am an "R" ordered 1/11 told aug, no vIN, no delivery date..moved to sept 4-"S" cars that were after me onthe order get their cars first AND have VIN's...nissan is playing eith fire their will be alot of irrate customers..they will lose more than they keep...if they tell me october..I may go postal..my car has been on the production list since may, the only car on the list until july. I feel so badly for you, did they give you any reasons? They owe you an explanation!!!!!!!!!!!]BTW I ordered chrome silver/touring/auto/frost notice the common denominator(same color and model)

Quick Reply: Dealer screwed it up!