Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Does anyone else here have REALLY bad luck with cars??

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2003, 11:15 AM
zeroday

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Does anyone else here have REALLY bad luck with cars??

I honestlly think I'm jinxed/cursed. Here's my car history for the past 6 years; you decide.

1996-1997:
Owned a 1996 BMW Z3, purchased new in 96'. Within 2 weeks of purchase, some guy in a pickup truck side swipes the car in its parking spot and takes off. 2500$ in damage. The witness said the guy was laughing as he drove off. Two months later, my mother backs into the other side of the Z3, 2000$ in damage. 3 months after that a drunk lady runs into the back of the car while i'm stopped at a stop light. 400$ damage.

1997-1999
Sold the Z3, bought a 1998 Eclipse GST. One month later, another hit and run while the car was parked. 700$.

1999-2001
Sold The GST and bought a 1999 Chevy Tahoe Sport. The paint started flaking off the car at 2 months, and continued to peel off the truck for the entire time I owned it. GM would only spot fix the paint peels rather than stripping and repainting the vehicle. After 2 years of litigation, I successfully lemon lawed the truck. 6 months before I got rid of it though, I was rear ended by some 16 yr old kid in his ford probe talking on his cell phone while stopped at a stop sign. No damage. The tahoe was a tank. The kids car was pretty f'd up.

2001-2002
Bought an 02' Acura CL type S. Transmission failed at 1500 miles. Two months later, on the way to a job interview, someone rear ended the car while I was stopped in traffic. 6 Months later, another jackass rear ended the car while I was parked at a light.

Bought my Z and a used 91 acura integra coupe as a commuter/snow car. When I picked up my new Z at the dealer, there was a gash on the front fender 6 inches long that went all the way down to the plastic. The dealer said they didn't notice it (right). 4 months later (last week) my Z was pummeled with aluminum siding that blew into it repeatedly while it was parked on a really windy day. The Z is the body shop right now having the entire side repainted.

Yesterday, while coming home from work in my integra, yet another jackass rear ended me while I was stopped at a light. He hit really hard. My back and legs are still in pain. My integra needs alot of body work; it goes into the same shop where my Z currently is tomorrow.

I love cars...MUCH more than most people... but WTF is going on here...does this stuff happen to everyone or is it just me??? This is getting rediculous.

Last edited by zeroday; 06-05-2003 at 11:20 AM.
Old 06-05-2003, 11:23 AM
aggiez

I haven't really had that problem, but that sucks...

I feel bad for you....but stay away from my car...and me.
Old 06-05-2003, 12:53 PM
zeroday

Originally posted by aggiez
I haven't really had that problem, but that sucks...

I feel bad for you....but stay away from my car...and me.
gee thanks. lol.
Old 06-05-2003, 02:41 PM
DaveL

Wow man, that is terrible. Hopefully your luck will turn around and you have 6 straight clean years.

Been praying lately?
Old 06-05-2003, 03:23 PM
scan

yeah im in the same boat as you ...

first car, 86 ford tempo - i was 17, couldnt really afford anything so i got this bad boy. a month later the fuel reader stopped working so i never knew how much gas i had. i had to rely on the trip meter. when i was at a complete stop, i had to put the car in neutral to rev it or else it would die on me.

second car, 94 accord - i started making better money so i got some nice 18" racing hart c2's, bodykit, full stereo system. 6 months later, car got stolen. recovered stripped down.

insurance didnt consider it totalled so i was back to square one. they just paid for what it would cost to fix the car. ok well this time i got 18" 3 piece racing hart c5's. new gun metal paint job. car got stolen again 2 weeks later.

third car, 2000 civic si - got recaro seats, spoon rims, tein coilovers, basic bolt ons. car got stolen 1 year later.

fourth car, rsx-s - had the car for about 6 months. nothing major done to the car just spoon rims again, lowered, basic boltons. made a right turn at around 3 am at night. there was a big tire in the middle of the street that i didnt see in time. so i hit that and it straightened my wheels out and instead of making a right turn i went straight and hit the curb on the other side of the street. completely screwed up the tranny etc. a lot of under car dmg. car was declared totalled.

fifth car, 350z - had it for 2 months, car accident, wasnt my fault. car declared totalled. insurance paid me off but i still lost around $7,000 ... the down payment and the 2 months i paid for the car.

sixth car, 350z again - hopefully my luck changes now.

here i am, 23 years old and ive gone through quite a few cars. i would say i have pretty bad luck with cars! for the record none of these cars were bought for me by my parents so in no way am i spoiled.
Old 06-05-2003, 03:49 PM
Boomer

Default Re: Does anyone else here have REALLY bad luck with cars??

Originally posted by zeroday
I honestlly think I'm jinxed/cursed. Here's my car history for the past 6 years; you decide.

1996-1997:
Owned a 1996 BMW Z3, purchased new in 96'. Within 2 weeks of purchase, some guy in a pickup truck side swipes the car in its parking spot and takes off. 2500$ in damage. The witness said the guy was laughing as he drove off. Two months later, my mother backs into the other side of the Z3, 2000$ in damage. 3 months after that a drunk lady runs into the back of the car while i'm stopped at a stop light. 400$ damage.

1997-1999
Sold the Z3, bought a 1998 Eclipse GST. One month later, another hit and run while the car was parked. 700$.

1999-2001
Sold The GST and bought a 1999 Chevy Tahoe Sport. The paint started flaking off the car at 2 months, and continued to peel off the truck for the entire time I owned it. GM would only spot fix the paint peels rather than stripping and repainting the vehicle. After 2 years of litigation, I successfully lemon lawed the truck. 6 months before I got rid of it though, I was rear ended by some 16 yr old kid in his ford probe talking on his cell phone while stopped at a stop sign. No damage. The tahoe was a tank. The kids car was pretty f'd up.

2001-2002
Bought an 02' Acura CL type S. Transmission failed at 1500 miles. Two months later, on the way to a job interview, someone rear ended the car while I was stopped in traffic. 6 Months later, another jackass rear ended the car while I was parked at a light.

Bought my Z and a used 91 acura integra coupe as a commuter/snow car. When I picked up my new Z at the dealer, there was a gash on the front fender 6 inches long that went all the way down to the plastic. The dealer said they didn't notice it (right). 4 months later (last week) my Z was pummeled with aluminum siding that blew into it repeatedly while it was parked on a really windy day. The Z is the body shop right now having the entire side repainted.

Yesterday, while coming home from work in my integra, yet another jackass rear ended me while I was stopped at a light. He hit really hard. My back and legs are still in pain. My integra needs alot of body work; it goes into the same shop where my Z currently is tomorrow.

I love cars...MUCH more than most people... but WTF is going on here...does this stuff happen to everyone or is it just me??? This is getting rediculous.

Forget the bad luck, get checked out by a doctor and do not accept any offers to settle, except for the car. You may have injuries that will require medical treatment. Some injury-related health problems show up after a few months, you already have suffered pain from the incident. This not advice to set up a lawsuit, this is your health I am talking about, nobody needs to file anything if you are not hurt.
Old 06-05-2003, 04:07 PM
WayneTN

Default Re: Does anyone else here have REALLY bad luck with cars??

Your vehicles have been hit 9 times in the last 6 years?!?

I'd keep moving if I were you. Or move to a town or state where people drive better.

WayneTN
    Old 06-05-2003, 04:10 PM
    thackattk

Definitley go to a doctor and don't even talk to the insurance people. Get an attorney, have them deal with the insurance.
    I say this because I was involved in an accident over a year and a half ago (not my fault) and about a month after the accident I started getting headaches every day. Went to the chiropracter for over a year, been to nuerologists, had an MRI done of my brain and still don't know exactly what is causing the headaches.
    An MRI of my neck revealed some slight disc problems in my neck which is probably the cause. The only thing that keeps my headache under control is painkillers
    So don't take your injuries lightly, you never know, something could show up a month from now and affect you the rest of your life. Protect yourself. Doctor bills add up real quick.
    Good luck
    Old 06-05-2003, 04:14 PM
    DaveL

Damn scan, that is pretty bad too. Stolen 3 times? Wholly smokes, I bet it could have been the same person(s) doing it as well. Did you live in a bad area and/or have your car left outside?

Best wishes of better luck to the both of you.
    Old 06-05-2003, 06:06 PM
    hockeygabor

Yer not the only one zero -over the past 32 years of driving about 15 cars I can think of only 4 that had clean records of no accidents/breakdowns.They are inevitable
    Just try to keep on driving defensibly as you can and stay clear of all the a88hol8s on the road-ther are a ton of'em
    Old 06-05-2003, 07:06 PM
    rking300

Default Luck

Just three letters GAP. Gap insurance its great. Only costs around 160 (i paid) It pays off what you still owe and gives you 1000.00 for another down payment, i love it. But then I did get my Z 6000.00 below MSRP
    Old 06-05-2003, 09:13 PM
    cbsuper

Jinxed?

1994 Grand Prix: Accident
    1994 Chevrolet Cavalier: Accident, overpriced by crooked dealership
    1989 Buick Regal: Engine blown, two accidents, no A/C
    2000 Integra Type R: seven tickets (I only claim two are legit), two accidents, two radio thefts, tranny replace at 10000 miles,
    2003 350Z: Accident, tranny replace at 5900 miles
    Old 06-05-2003, 10:07 PM
    Superfly84zx

Zero...I feel for you man...if it's not some dumb bast@rd crashing into you by accident it's the dumb bast@rd who's stealing/vandalizing your wheels on purpose...The only safe spot seems to be in your garage at home...(but not the garage with the siding coming off)
    Old 06-05-2003, 11:22 PM
    zeroday

Originally posted by thackattk
    Definitley go to a doctor and don't even talk to the insurance people. Get an attorney, have them deal with the insurance.
    I say this because I was involved in an accident over a year and a half ago (not my fault) and about a month after the accident I started getting headaches every day. Went to the chiropracter for over a year, been to nuerologists, had an MRI done of my brain and still don't know exactly what is causing the headaches.
    An MRI of my neck revealed some slight disc problems in my neck which is probably the cause. The only thing that keeps my headache under control is painkillers
    So don't take your injuries lightly, you never know, something could show up a month from now and affect you the rest of your life. Protect yourself. Doctor bills add up real quick.
    Good luck
    That sounds terrible man...hope that goes away for ya. You kinda scared me a little tonight with your story...what was some dull neck pain turned into a pretty severe headache today. Did you wait a month before getting a lawyer? i'm going to the doctor tomorrow to get checked out. I'm hesitant to start calling lawyers because if I'm ok, i'd hate to start a lawsuit that I can't stop (without paying off the lawyer).

Thanks for all the advice everyone. In all my rear-endings this was by far the most severe...hopefully it was the last time
    Old 06-06-2003, 12:14 PM
    scan

best of luck to you zero, i feel you.

but nah i dont live in a bad neighborhood, they were stolen at different locations, just my bad luck.
    Old 06-06-2003, 01:49 PM
    zeroday

Originally posted by scan
    best of luck to you zero, i feel you.

but nah i dont live in a bad neighborhood, they were stolen at different locations, just my bad luck.
    sounds like you've had your share of bad luck also...hope it turns around for ya. i'm thinking this can't keep happening to me....its starting to defy the laws of statistics and probability.

The thing that really gets me about this is the fact that I care so much about my cars....I'm a car nut...my friends, who could care less about their cars, never have anything like this happening to them....wonder if there's some cosmic correlation there or something..
    Old 06-06-2003, 02:25 PM
    scan

i'm thinking this can't keep happening to me....its starting to defy the laws of statistics and probability.
    lol life's a *****, but what can ya do? take the good with the bad.
    Old 06-06-2003, 02:36 PM
    zxsaint
    Fairlady Stalker

Default Sounds like a curse...

Very similar to the one I have... but mine is basically limited to that one f%$king raincloud that follows me around and waits until the day after I spend 3 hours detailing my car.

Few days ago, 3-4 hour detail... zaino, z6, zaino. Nice and shiny. Beautiful sunny day. Next morning is overcast, no sign of rain.

Drive for 5 minutes, sprinkle sprinkle, drop drop. I get to work, guess what? It stops. Doesn't rain again all day.

Repeat, today.
    Old 06-06-2003, 04:47 PM
    scan

lol yea i hate that.... after you wash the car then it rains the next day or even the same day. but trust me, its no where close to getting your car stolen 3 times =P