Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Any 2006 owners drive a 07 HR?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 06:10 PM
gabez33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Clean the smudges and dirt of your glasses!! I NOOOOT saying the 03-06 are faster for the 3rd time, and yes its the better engine, but the attitude some of the hr owners are adopting here is borderline FANBOY
Old 12-27-2007, 06:11 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

And where is your timeslips to prove it? lol
Old 12-27-2007, 06:15 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

lol...ok fellow SA fan
Old 12-27-2007, 06:16 PM
singh

Originally Posted by 13SECZ
No need to lie..my internet ***** isnt really that big..I was there...I did...w/my mods and a good driver, you 2 could...My car runs strong..

Oh and a stage 2 Cobalt..but I didnt need that on the list.
Nobody is going to believe you unless you show timeslips. Especially with that list you presented.
Old 12-27-2007, 06:19 PM
gabez33

Originally Posted by SOLO-350Z
lol...ok fellow SA fan
seriously though, you gotta admit some people are gettin a little out of hand
Old 12-27-2007, 09:45 PM
midz350

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

check this out
Old 12-27-2007, 09:46 PM
midz350

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=37275
Old 12-27-2007, 09:47 PM
mega_boi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^- sweet.

good info.
Old 12-28-2007, 03:55 AM
KManZ
Banned

Excellent article, its always prudent to know as much about your engine as possible. From a design standpoint, I find the evolution of the VQ engines intriguing. Its interesting how the HR uses the best of the DE and Rev-Up engines, and also how it has been "future proofed" with extra stout components. It does make you wonder: why would Nissan put all this effort into the HR if they were just going to migrate over to the 3.7?

Edit: I like reading that forum you got a GM forum with a Toyota fanboi claiming the VQ engine is "unimpressive" because its less efficient than his holy grail 2GR IS350 engine But everyone else on there is very open minded about a non-GM product. Wow, places like that do exist on a car forum!!!

Oh, and anyone else who read that forum have trouble getting to page 3? Every time I click "3" it just sends me back to the top of page 2. GM engineering strikes again!

Last edited by KManZ; 12-28-2007 at 04:07 AM.
Old 12-28-2007, 05:48 AM
RBlover69

The HR is the best engine that Nissan has made to DATE and the best one in the Z period.

STOCK the HR has hit low 13s with clutch issues. STOCK not modded. Mods, they will hit 12s, actually they already are.

Open your eyes!! I had a DE, and now a HR and know for a fact the HR is a better engine and is faster than the older one.
i think that there is a level of fanboy that is associated because saying modded its better has yet to be seen. Per PSI there is no 3.5HR thats showing better power then any DE ever made period. SO lets not get ahead of ourselves the HR makes great NA power but a bolt on previous DE can take a stock HR i mean if you believe it cant ...its kinda ludicrise a tuned 06 revup with bolt ons should have no issue taking a stock HR. your talking a car tuned to make its power earlier in a better fashion then a stock ECU. Lets not get redicuous here it is the better motor but by no means a revolution in technology and will probably share the same fate as the revup seeing as Nissans new Z will carry a 3.7 or 3.8 variant and all Z race teams mines amuse attk'd are not using he 3.5HR there using the 3.8HRs.

And i wouldnt take that all Zs are 14 sec cars before the HR to heart aswell...i seen many 13.6s and ...popular poster on here that can own a HR preety bad on time slips

would you bet money that you could beat alberto back in his NA days...chances are most of the HRs would probably fail. lmao....

there all Zs leave the superiority complex home. On the tracks in japan the HR has shown great strides in the straights but the lap times do not exactly define a motor thats lightyears beyond a revup much less a reg DE. However the potential of the motor does have very promising prospects...but in light of the dwindling support thats bound to happen once that 3.7Z comes out i dunno how viable a company would be compellty dedicating themselve to the 3.5HR motor. Clearly the DEs revup or not will be around looong after as far as life span.

Im waiting for cams to come out the the 3.5HRs that should be a very nice mod.
Old 12-28-2007, 06:36 AM
SniperHunter

03-06 is a 14 sec car if they are lucky a 13 sec. Most hit 14s. Most 07+ hit mid 13s with some in the low 13s all stock.

The 03-06 car is a slower car. Time slips prove that in the drag times area. Stock cars.
Wtf? You post on a Z forum, you should know better. 03-06s are 13-second cars. They're 14-sec cars with crappy drivers and crappy launches. Proper 60fts will always result in a 13-second run. Any car that can trap triple-digits consistently is a 13-second car.
Old 12-28-2007, 07:31 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

A bolt on DE can take a HR? What are you smoking? The DE didn't accept bolt ons very well and did not gain much at all. Exhaust maybe 5 hp, intakes nothing, mrev kit 10-15hp/tq, and so on, the HR alone gets about 15-20 hp from a catback exhaust, not including the downpipes, or headers. Intakes have shown good results as well, but I still consider that a mute point on either engine. You can't tell me the DE gains less when all the data is here on the forum showing the HR and it loves the mods compared to the older engines. Even the ECU tune the HR gained 17 rwhp from 93 octane gas and tune.

And at least the HR is a more reliable engine so far with no OIL issues.

Originally Posted by RBlover69
i think that there is a level of fanboy that is associated because saying modded its better has yet to be seen. Per PSI there is no 3.5HR thats showing better power then any DE ever made period. SO lets not get ahead of ourselves the HR makes great NA power but a bolt on previous DE can take a stock HR i mean if you believe it cant ...its kinda ludicrise a tuned 06 revup with bolt ons should have no issue taking a stock HR. your talking a car tuned to make its power earlier in a better fashion then a stock ECU. Lets not get redicuous here it is the better motor but by no means a revolution in technology and will probably share the same fate as the revup seeing as Nissans new Z will carry a 3.7 or 3.8 variant and all Z race teams mines amuse attk'd are not using he 3.5HR there using the 3.8HRs.

And i wouldnt take that all Zs are 14 sec cars before the HR to heart aswell...i seen many 13.6s and ...popular poster on here that can own a HR preety bad on time slips

would you bet money that you could beat alberto back in his NA days...chances are most of the HRs would probably fail. lmao....

there all Zs leave the superiority complex home. On the tracks in japan the HR has shown great strides in the straights but the lap times do not exactly define a motor thats lightyears beyond a revup much less a reg DE. However the potential of the motor does have very promising prospects...but in light of the dwindling support thats bound to happen once that 3.7Z comes out i dunno how viable a company would be compellty dedicating themselve to the 3.5HR motor. Clearly the DEs revup or not will be around looong after as far as life span.

Im waiting for cams to come out the the 3.5HRs that should be a very nice mod.
Old 12-28-2007, 07:34 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Originally Posted by Arnold K.
Wtf? You post on a Z forum, you should know better. 03-06s are 13-second cars. They're 14-sec cars with crappy drivers and crappy launches. Proper 60fts will always result in a 13-second run. Any car that can trap triple-digits consistently is a 13-second car.
Sorry but you are wrong. Most 350z I see run at the track are 14 sec cars. Most magazines that have tested them were in the 14s. The 07 is the only one that has hit 13s stock most of the time. See the dragtimes...

https://my350z.com/forum/drag/233840-top-25-1-4-mile-times-for-tt-st-supercharger-nitrous-bolt-ons-stock.html

Look at the trap speed of the HR ones compared to the older ones, at least 3-4 more mph than the older ones. And there are a ton more DEs on the road than HR's. You give this list more time, it will probably be all HRs.
Old 12-28-2007, 08:00 AM
bboypuertoroc

Received 2,446 Likes on 1,768 Posts

The proof is in the time slips. No stock DE will EVER beat a stock HR's best E.T. or trap speed. EVER.

Hell, most bolt-on street tire DE's can't touch a STOCK HR's E.T. or trap.

HR>DE. It's stupid to think otherwise.
Old 12-28-2007, 08:08 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

^X2 wow I am agreeing with bboy.
Old 12-28-2007, 08:22 AM
gabez33

Sorry but you are wrong. Most 350z I see run at the track are 14 sec cars. Most magazines that have tested them were in the 14s. The 07 is the only one that has hit 13s stock most of the time. See the dragtimes...

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=233840

Look at the trap speed of the HR ones compared to the older ones, at least 3-4 more mph than the older ones. And there are a ton more DEs on the road than HR's. You give this list more time, it will probably be all HRs.

wheres your time slip to prove YOUR HR times?!?! Sounds to me like your just riding of the strength of other riders times and assuming it as your own. The HR is the better engine, NO DOUBT, but the more you talk its obvious your a fanboy. The OP asked about "impression" and people gave them. Seems like DE guys cant ever have a convo about opinions on the HR or comparing them to 03-06 without the HR police coming.....please
Old 12-28-2007, 08:22 AM
SniperHunter

Originally Posted by bboypuertoroc
The proof is in the time slips. No stock DE will EVER beat a stock HR's best E.T. or trap speed. EVER.

Hell, most bolt-on street tire DE's can't touch a STOCK HR's E.T. or trap.

HR>DE. It's stupid to think otherwise.
I don't see anywhere saying otherwise.

But Solo is dead wrong. Just because there are people who can't launch a Z right, doesn't mean it's a 14 second car. It's the driver, not the car. Trap speed is a much better indicator of a car's performance, as opposed to traction. Nearly every 14-second run in a Z usually has a crappy 60ft.
Old 12-28-2007, 08:25 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Originally Posted by gabez33
wheres your time slip to prove YOUR HR times?!?! Sounds to me like your just riding of the strength of other riders times and assuming it as your own. The HR is the better engine, NO DOUBT, but the more you talk its obvious your a fanboy. The OP asked about "impression" and people gave them. Seems like DE guys cant ever have a convo about opinions on the HR or comparing them to 03-06 without the HR police coming.....please
I gave you the links above to the Drag times sir. I think you might be butt hurt that the HR is a better engine for performance over the DE.

I might be a fan boy, but I have also owned all three versions of this engine you have not. I have also kept track of all the times the engine has produced, the dynos, all the performance mods and how well they helped the car compared to the older DE cars.

Tell ya what.... show me a best 1/4 time stock from a DE that actually beats the best stock HR time. Till then, please stop posting mis-info.

Last edited by SOLO-350Z; 12-28-2007 at 08:30 AM.
Old 12-28-2007, 08:26 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Originally Posted by Arnold K.
I don't see anywhere saying otherwise.

But Solo is dead wrong. Just because there are people who can't launch a Z right, doesn't mean it's a 14 second car. It's the driver, not the car. Trap speed is a much better indicator of a car's performance, as opposed to traction. Nearly every 14-second run in a Z usually has a crappy 60ft.
Umm wouldn't the same go for the 07 Z? How can I be wrong when you haven't proven me wrong? I mean they can't launch it right either but still are pulling faster times than any DE.

Yes, trap speed is a better indication of performance, and the HR can get 107 trap speeds while the DE can barely break 101-102 at the most stock.
Old 12-28-2007, 08:35 AM
gabez33

I gave you the links above to the Drag times sir. I think you might be butt hurt that the HR is a better engine for performance over the DE.

I might be a fan boy, but I have also owned all three versions of this engine you have not. I have also kept track of all the times the engine has produced, the dynos, all the performance mods and how well they helped the car compared to the older DE cars.

Tell ya, what show me a 1/4 time stock from a DE that actually beats the stock HR time. Till then, please stop posting mis-info.
HAHAHAHHaha either your blind, or just ignorant....point out 1 single solitary time I said the DE was the better performer! 1, just 1?!?!??! Come on/// point it out! aaaaaaam waiting...........thats what I thought, I NEVER said that. in fact I always say its the better engine.

tell ya what, show me a time that you not fanboying the HR and acutally have a normal convo. Till then, please stop posting fan boy

Quick Reply: Any 2006 owners drive a 07 HR?