2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Any 2006 owners drive a 07 HR?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 08:37 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gabez33
HAHAHAHHaha either you're blind, or just ignorant....point out one single solitary time I said the DE was the better performer! One, just One?!?!??! Come on!!! Point it out! I am waiting...........that's what I thought, I NEVER said that. in fact I always say it's the better engine.

Tell ya what, show me a time that you are not fanboying the HR and actually have a normal conversation. Till then, please stop posting fan boy!
Wow are you 12 years old? I can't even read your post because you're just going off on a tagent. I fixed it for you and all your mistakes are bolded.

I gave you the drag times, are you having a hard time looking at them?

Tell you what, how about you post something useful instead of acting like a kid. Till then you stop posting.

Last edited by SOLO-350Z; 12-28-2007 at 08:41 AM.
Old 12-28-2007, 08:39 AM
SniperHunter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SOLO-350Z
Umm wouldn't the same go for the 07 Z? How can I be wrong when you haven't proven me wrong? I mean they can't launch it right either but still are pulling faster times than any DE.

Yes, trap speed is a better indication of performance, and the HR can get 107 trap speeds while the DE can barely break 101-102 at the most stock.
Are you delusional? Where the hell did I say or compare anything about the HR to the DE? You're turning this into some kind of pissing contest. So you either can't read, or you need to seek help, friend.
Old 12-28-2007, 08:43 AM
gabez33

Wow are you 12 years old? I can't even read your post because your just going off on a tagent.

I gave you the drag times, are you having a hard time looking at them?

Tell you what, how about you post something useful instead of acting like a kid. Till then you stop posting.
Did you mean: tangent
still waiting for you to post an example of when I said the DE was the better performer.......the basis of your whole lil arguement

you need to tone it down,
Old 12-28-2007, 08:44 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Post #53 you said:

Wtf? You post on a Z forum, you should know better. 03-06s are 13-second cars. They're 14-sec cars with crappy drivers and crappy launches. Proper 60fts will always result in a 13-second run. Any car that can trap triple-digits consistently is a 13-second car.

and post # 57

I don't see anywhere saying otherwise.

But Solo is dead wrong. Just because there are people who can't launch a Z right, doesn't mean it's a 14 second car. It's the driver, not the car. Trap speed is a much better indicator of a car's performance, as opposed to traction. Nearly every 14-second run in a Z usually has a crappy 60ft.

The 07 Z can be hampered with people who can't drive but still is a 13 sec car. The 03-06 would be a 14 sec car most of the time but needs a damn good driver to get 13s.
Old 12-28-2007, 08:45 AM
gabez33

Originally Posted by Arnold K.
Are you delusional? Where the hell did I say or compare anything about the HR to the DE? You're turning this into some kind of pissing contest. So you either can't read, or you need to seek help, friend.

its what he does best, no one ever said what the hell hes argueing about
SOLO=fanboy
Old 12-28-2007, 08:47 AM
gabez33

Post #53 you said:

Wtf? You post on a Z forum, you should know better. 03-06s are 13-second cars. They're 14-sec cars with crappy drivers and crappy launches. Proper 60fts will always result in a 13-second run. Any car that can trap triple-digits consistently is a 13-second car.

and post # 57

But Solo is dead wrong. Just because there are people who can't launch a Z right, doesn't mean it's a 14 second car. It's the driver, not the car. Trap speed is a much better indicator of a car's performance, as opposed to traction. Nearly every 14-second run in a Z usually has a crappy 60ft.

The 07 Z can be hampered with people who can't drive but still is a 13 sec car. The 03-06 would be a 14 sec car most of the time but needs a damn good driver to get 13s.
still dont see where they said the DE was better than the HR.
Old 12-28-2007, 08:48 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Did you mean: tangent
still waiting for you to post an example of when I said the DE was the better performer.......the basis of your whole lil arguement

you need to tone it down,
One typo, out of 20 you had in one post. LOL!!

I think you need to take your own advice and tone it down. You haven't posted anything useful in this thread YET.

You never said the DE was better, but you are also saying the DE is a 13 sec car when in reality most of the time it isn't. The HR is easily over .5 of a sec faster in the 1/4 and over 5mph faster in trap speed which can be several car lengths in a race. The DE and HR peformance differences pretty wide. We are just correcting the people who think a DE with simple bolt ons will be faster than a HR that is all.
Old 12-28-2007, 08:51 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

still dont see where they said the DE was better than the HR.
How about you actually read the topic.

And it is obvious you're the DE fanboi..
Old 12-28-2007, 08:56 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

I just scanned the site and found a similar topic that you seem to have gotten into a arguement as well with others. Saying the HR can't gain the same from mods as the DE but in reality it is gaining more.

https://my350z.com/forum/showpost.ph...7&postcount=32
Old 12-28-2007, 09:16 AM
PM-Performance

Nothing changes between forums.
I had the same arguments before.

I had to argue why the Integra Type R was better then the GSR
I had to argue why the 1JZ swap was better then the 7M in an MK3 supra.

Numbers dont lie people. Its a better motor. Its proved it within the first dyno and 1/4 mile pass made.
End of story. Why aregue this anymore?
Old 12-28-2007, 09:23 AM
Bumpinjeep

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Because arguing is fun, even when you know your wrong. If this thread didn't exist, it would be a boring friday, i guess theres always CATURDAY!!!!!
Old 12-28-2007, 09:43 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Some like to argue when the facts are in front of them.

Here is one example from today of a exhaust put on a HR motor.

https://my350z.com/forum/intake-exhaust/324350-dynoed-vq35hr-12hp-27fttq-gain-bassani-exhaust.html

You will never see a DE get near that.
Old 12-28-2007, 09:58 AM
SniperHunter

Post #53 you said:

and post # 57

Plain and simple, you're an idiot. I don't care about the HR. And nowhere did I compare it to the DE. You posting my quotes pretty much shows how your lack of reading comprehension.

And for the record, I've seen plenty of 14 second magazine times for the HR, and there are even a number of them on this forum. And I still wouldn't dare to say that the car is a 14-second, or even high 13-second car. Because, unlike you, I'm informed enough to know that the HR is a low-mid 13-second car with a capable driver at the wheel.
Old 12-28-2007, 11:12 AM
Bumpinjeep

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Look lets just clear it up. Unless the car has a ton of $ put into it and i do mean a ton to the point of serious rebuild, theres no way a DE will be faster than an HR unless (NA)you FI.
Old 12-28-2007, 11:33 AM
TheJerk
Banned

Originally Posted by RBlover69

This will be my setup for my Revup and i have yet to see the results with these mods

1/2 spacer with mrev 2 or crawford plenum
jwt S7 cams
crawford headers
WRP or KJR pullies
osirus VTC manipualtion and increase rev limit to that of the HR with the hope that the plenum or the spacer will make power to that RPM along with the Cams
Any TD exhaust really but im curious to see what motordyne aka tonys exhaust will do since hes working on some crazy deveoplment with it. Hopfully it will be a 2.5 through out exhaust.
Metallic Hi flow cats 2.5 aswell
a nice flywheel setup
NO AC....proven to me more HP lol...well hey ..its true lmao.

very curious to see the potential if japan is getting crazy number NA we should be able also NA wise granted they are using dynos that to some defy gravity but it is what it is lol. so far the only one that comes close to this are Z1 i believe . But yea in the long run couldve just gone FI. But hey its a NA game..not to mention with higher compression what numbers can be had.
I agree 110%, I've DYING to see that exact same Setup, tuned and dynoed.
Old 12-28-2007, 11:49 AM
TheJerk
Banned

Solo Got me banned before because of this foolishness, when he claimed there was not top end drop by using the MREV manifold, among the other ******** he says. I guess because he's a paying memeber, and owns a nismo Z (ZOMG!) they won't let him go anytime soon.

Last edited by TheJerk; 12-28-2007 at 12:04 PM.
Old 12-28-2007, 12:00 PM
cvt

another great thread by SOLO
Old 12-28-2007, 12:08 PM
SniperHunter

Originally Posted by Bumpinjeep
Look lets just clear it up. Unless the car has a ton of $ put into it and i do mean a ton to the point of serious rebuild, theres no way a DE will be faster than an HR unless (NA)you FI.
This mentality is annoying. Your car is half-a-second faster. It isn't Caesar's chariot. Some of the HR owners here are way too high on their pedestal.

I drove the HR, and I love the motor. It's incredible, superbly refined, and yes there is a power difference. But the way some people on this forum make it seem is as if the new engine is touched by the hand of God.

Great engine? Yup. The solution to world peace? No.
Old 12-28-2007, 12:14 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Obviously you can't read. Again for the 3rd time, you said the 03-06 was a 13 sec car. It is not a 13 sec car normally. It is a 14 sec car most of the time with a good driver IT CAN hit high 13s. The HR is a 13 sec car all the time and can hit 12s with a damn good driver.

Again FACTS. Drag times page, shows the HR beating every single time the DE has produced. Your the IDIOT that won't read and see the facts.

Unlike me to know the HR is a low 13 sec car? When I have been saying that all alone? omg. I suggest you get MORE informed because you proved to me I am obviously more informed than you.

Originally Posted by Arnold K.
Plain and simple, you're an idiot. I don't care about the HR. And nowhere did I compare it to the DE. You posting my quotes pretty much shows how your lack of reading comprehension.

And for the record, I've seen plenty of 14 second magazine times for the HR, and there are even a number of them on this forum. And I still wouldn't dare to say that the car is a 14-second, or even high 13-second car. Because, unlike you, I'm informed enough to know that the HR is a low-mid 13-second car with a capable driver at the wheel.
Old 12-28-2007, 12:16 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Originally Posted by cvt
another great thread by SOLO
You guys want to give us some input instead of wasting bandwidth like usual?

Quick Reply: Any 2006 owners drive a 07 HR?