Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

got a talking to from 2 police ocifers

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2003, 09:47 AM
mark350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default got a talking to from 2 police ocifers

and they were totally cool!......my first cool police experience and I have the Z to thank. I was leaving work the other night just about to pull out of the parking lot and 2 police cruisers come flying up to me and both officers litterally jump out of the car. I stop and I'm thinking to myself now what? I just got in my car....
They just wanted to check out the Z....they were real nice...asked if they could sit in it etc....one of them is considering buying a Z and just had a bunch of questions for me. I thought it it was pretty cool, when I had my Integra type r, encounters with the law always seemed to go the opposite way for me. Anyway after 14 years of driving a cool police experience I just though I would share.
Old 06-27-2003, 09:50 AM
90260Z

I wish there are many cops like that. I think we are becoming a police state.
Old 06-27-2003, 10:30 AM
Jason Bourne

That's not a cool police experience, that's just cops abusing their power to do what they want regardless of the consequence to another person. You were cool with it so it didn't bother you but it would have ticked me off.

I don't want to let two strangers (cops or no cops) take time away from me so that they can check out (and sit in!) my car. I can't randomly stop some guy in an Enzo to sit in his car, why should cops be able to do it to you or me?

I would have let them (because I don't need the hassle) but I would have been pissed off at them! Granted it's not a huge hassle and cops do much worse things every day but it's still abuse of power.

Jason
Old 06-27-2003, 10:37 AM
Inova

i think it wouldve been cool if you were breaking the law somehow but they changed the subject to how cool the z is instead of writing a ticket for you. but jason bourne is right. they were abusing their power to talk to you about the car especailly if they do the whole lights routine.
Old 06-27-2003, 10:40 AM
mark350

I guess you and I have a different way of looking at the situation....I am always more than happy to answer anyones questions (cop or not) about cars. It is the business I am in...cars are my life and I enjoy talking about them. I was taken back by how cool they were....and I returned the coolness appropriately. If someone stops me to give me a compliment on my car I will always be gracious.
I do understand your point though....time is time and I guess just anyone cant ask to sit in anyones car randomly.
Old 06-27-2003, 11:44 AM
RedComet

I hate cops, although they have let me and my friends off the hook a bunch of times. Underage drinking in a public place, They DID keep my friends twix though....
Old 06-27-2003, 12:48 PM
350zdanny

I never really looked at an experience with the cops that way. If they stopped me to look at my car, I'd be flattered.

That's not abuse of power. I pulled in front of a WRX today because he had a sweet exhaust and I wanted to see what else he had. He was glad to stop and chat.

I guess it just depends on the kind of person you are and if you have time in your schedule. I'm a person who likes to talk about cars all the time and I always leave time/make time in my schedule for that.
Old 06-27-2003, 12:55 PM
jckolnturn

Originally posted by RedComet
I hate cops, although they have let me and my friends off the hook a bunch of times. Underage drinking in a public place, They DID keep my friends twix though....
James Leahy
Robert Fazio
Moira Smith
John Perry
Glen Pettit
Ramon Suarez
Mark Ellis
Brian McDonnell
John Dallara
Vincent Danz
Jerome Dominguez
Walter Weaver
Stephen Driscoll
Ronald Kloepfer
Santos Valentin
Thomas Langone
Paul Talty
Joseph Vigiano
Michael Curtin
John Coughlin
Rodney Gillis
Timothy Roy
Claude Richards

How quickly we forget 9/11/01 and 23 NYC Police Officers that gave their lives.
Old 06-27-2003, 01:03 PM
90260Z

General public will always remember the BAD COPS!!!