Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

70% chance I'm getting rid of my Z...

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008 | 08:24 AM
2006_350gt

Originally Posted by chickenputo
not really. if I lease the other car for 3 years while I start and finish school and I can get the same payment as the Z, that's 2 years of car I wouldn't have to pay for (Z was financed for 5 years).

The numbers seem to work. It's all up to the dealer now.

You seem like a senseable kid so lets look at this... You are going to sell the car you bought to lease a car for the same payments. First problem with that you are most likely upside down on your car right now. Then you are going to lease a car that gets better gas. Lets say you get a car with double the gas mileage that gets you an extra (on average) $100 a month from the savings. $100 a month over the course of 3 years is $3600. Here is where you really screwed yourself, you now have no vehicle as an asset which you probably could have sold for an estimate (and this is lowballing) $12,000 for your savings of $3600 and you will now be wanting another car and would have to spend your savings for the down payment.

The only other thing that could even remotely be playing a factor is insurance and just for a good laugh lets say you save another hundred a month there you are still screwed from your original decision with only having $7200 saved.

Look if you made the mistake of getting a car you can't afford thats one thing but after reading that it is going to be the exact same price monthly as what you are considering it is completely ludacris (I know horrible spelling).

Please reconsider your option, hate to see somebody have issues later down the road for a quick band-aid fix now.
Old 04-28-2008 | 08:27 AM
2006_350gt

ok so, the lease deal did not work out because I am way too upside down, more than I expected. So I decided to keep the car and tough it out.
lol posted before I read this, please excuse my novel of a post above
Old 04-29-2008 | 08:11 AM
j.arnaldo
Banned

Dear "chickenputo" (weird e:nickname, dude!): Please, provide me with a staightforward answer, to a straightforward question: DO you believe in THE Almighty, Creator God of the Universe? If not, sell your Zed. End of story. IF you DO, then, HAVE I GOT GOOD NEWS FOR YA'!!! Read Psalms 23 and 121;
BELIEVE in your soul, spirit, heart & mind what you read, AND YOU WILL BE ABLE TO KEEP YOUR "Zmonster"!!! DO also read John 12:48. God has done WONDERS for this miserable sinner; He CAN do the same for ALL who seek HIM
earnestly! Ignore the derisive remarks & contempt my advise WILL obviously bring from unbelievers, AND TRUST YOUR SAVIOR. J. Arnaldo, S. J., P. R.
____________________________________________________________ _____
You can address me at my "Private Messages", if you feel uncomfy, bro'.
Old 04-29-2008 | 04:05 PM
areddy

Originally Posted by j.arnaldo
Dear "chickenputo" (weird e:nickname, dude!): Please, provide me with a staightforward answer, to a straightforward question: DO you believe in THE Almighty, Creator God of the Universe? If not, sell your Zed. End of story. IF you DO, then, HAVE I GOT GOOD NEWS FOR YA'!!! Read Psalms 23 and 121;
BELIEVE in your soul, spirit, heart & mind what you read, AND YOU WILL BE ABLE TO KEEP YOUR "Zmonster"!!! DO also read John 12:48. God has done WONDERS for this miserable sinner; He CAN do the same for ALL who seek HIM
earnestly! Ignore the derisive remarks & contempt my advise WILL obviously bring from unbelievers, AND TRUST YOUR SAVIOR. J. Arnaldo, S. J., P. R.
Old 04-29-2008 | 04:08 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Well, it is true... after only 3 wonderful months, the time to get rid of the Z may be upon me.

With ever increasing gas prices (estimates put it at $5/gal. this summer), high insurance, high depreciation, and high monthly payments, I just can't bear the cost anymore.
I might be switching over to a Civic Hybrid but only if the numbers are right.

The Z has long been my attainable dream car and it pains me to do it but one's gotta do what one's gotta do...
We will miss you and all of your 109 posts! You will be sadly missed,

Seriously, you will get *** raped on the trade in, ect! Sounds like you made a poor decision in purchasing a vehicle!

And this is why Americans are so far in debt!

How about get a Best Buy card and max out the 10,000 credit limit and make the minimum payment each month, lol!

Last edited by zand02max; 04-29-2008 at 04:19 PM.
Old 04-29-2008 | 05:16 PM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

Originally Posted by iStan
06 up. They are kinda useless. All it does for me is hold my unopened can of Redbull in the Morning.
what? no man theyre totally useful. a .5L bottle of water fits there PERFECTLY. and i ALWAYS keep a bottle of water [or two, or three] in the car.. emergencies, etc. also if i get stopped by the popo and i'm smoking a cig i'm going to have to put it out. if i throw it out on the ground he'll inevitably give me a littering ticket [on top of whatever else he's going to write me up for] so i always always make sure there's a bottle with at least an inch of water in it to put my cig out in case i get stopped.

wow, long sentences ftl.

also i know i know, smoking in the z ftl. i clean my car obsessively though.. you can't smell it nor see any ash or dust most of the time so
Old 04-29-2008 | 05:20 PM
2006_350gt

Originally Posted by onedirtyz
also i know i know, smoking in the z ftl. i clean my car obsessively though.. you can't smell it nor see any ash or dust most of the time so

Spoken like a true smoker
Old 04-29-2008 | 05:20 PM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

Originally Posted by j.arnaldo
BELIEVE in your soul, spirit, heart & mind what you read, AND YOU WILL BE ABLE TO KEEP YOUR "Zmonster"!!!
DO also read John 12:48. God has done WONDERS for this miserable sinner; He CAN do the same for ALL who seek HIM
holy shitballs, there's mention of the z in the bible? WOAH.
maybe i should start believing in this god you speak of.
Old 04-29-2008 | 05:21 PM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

Originally Posted by 2006_350gt
Spoken like a true smoker
i swear! people comment on how clean my z is all the time
i'm actually not a heavy smoker though. it takes me more than a week to get through a pack.
Old 04-29-2008 | 07:33 PM
Polo08816
Banned

Originally Posted by idwin
There's a 95% chance you wont be able to sell it for what you owe on it
+1.
Old 04-29-2008 | 08:55 PM
cpost

Originally Posted by davidv
The 350Z is not for everyone. Do what you have to do.
what he said
Old 04-29-2008 | 09:37 PM
black06z

ok so, the lease deal did not work out because I am way too upside down, more than I expected. So I decided to keep the car and tough it out.
Good.
Old 04-30-2008 | 04:35 AM
Dr. Venture

hahaha 70% was a ballpark figure. I still have some numbers to run to see what is more beneficial.

The countries running the #'s too, and i don't see it getting any beneficial for us!!
Truth be told, hybrids out today don't make much of a difference in the price of gas unless the car is stricly electric not 1/2 engine 1/2 elec tranny that takes over when cruising. Ya still waste gas in traffic situations! Just yesterday a hybrid took 38 bucks full tank, and im not even sure where the needle was to begin with. ( was looking at the hottie driving it)

Last edited by Dr. Venture; 04-30-2008 at 04:38 AM.
Old 04-30-2008 | 06:43 PM
MA4

if you lived closer, i would see if we could do a trade: your newer Z for my 03 Touring with 60k miles.

Maybe you should list your details and see if anyone local would be intersted in a swap....there are a lot of people whould would pay $7-10k to reset their odometer back 50k miles and maybe change colors, etc.
Old 04-30-2008 | 06:50 PM
davidv

I am going with the 30 percent. Who is with me?
Old 04-30-2008 | 07:13 PM
Zian

Looks like 30% won. I had my money on z>civic anyway....
Old 04-30-2008 | 07:21 PM
snakeman

I'm going to keep mine. I'm just driving it on some weekends. It use to be every weekend, not anymore. Thank god it is not my everyday car. Good luck with your decision.
Old 05-01-2008 | 12:06 AM
VQ_Z

I would not buy a hybrid car because they're so expensive to maintain. They're very good on gas but the battery is too much money. After 3 years, expect to pay more than 3 grand to have that battery serviced or replaced. You should do some research on hybrid cars before deciding which car you can get. good luck!
Old 05-01-2008 | 10:28 AM
TurboTom

Originally Posted by Deftones
Only 3 months? Wow. That's how long it took me to find out that my door cupholders had lights in them.
Old 05-02-2008 | 06:20 AM
j.arnaldo
Banned

Dear onedirtyZ: God bless you, m'friend! HIS NAME IS THE LORD JESUS, & He
saved my marriage, got me a N-I-C-E paying Fed' job W./O. my having a B.A.,
I keep getting financial blessings (those are the LEAST important, dude!)...You name it, He's done it in MY life. HE CAN DO THE SAME FOR ALL OF YOU, guys! Just BELIEVE, TRUST & OBEY HIM.
Once more, God bless!
J. Arnaldo
P.S. And YES!, He provided the Zed! ('O4 Touring Coupe/13k when bought!/$21k!!! NO FEATHERING issues!!! Just installed new brake pads yesterday (5/1/'08). Jesus is Lord!