Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Why all the crashes?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2003, 09:14 PM
cwerdna

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default multiple factors

I think it partly has to do w/Porsche's being out of reach costwise for many people and the rarity of Porsche's on the road compared to the Z.

I don't have last year's figures but compare:
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/030701/attu026_1.html to http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/030701/15542_1.html

Porsche has sold 8219 new Boxters + 911s in the US so far this year compared to Nissan selling 19,503 so far this year.

BTW, I have no Z yet, but in the 13 years that I've had a license, I've never had any accident (knock on wood) other than someone rear ending me at low speed.
Old 07-13-2003, 09:39 PM
topdaytrader

Originally posted by zeroday
If moderators would compare IP adresses/IP ranges of two users posting in this thread; topdaytrader and nissanmonitor...i'm pretty sure you will find they are one in the same user.
Man, STFU. I'm even laughing at what he post. Grow up kid~~
Old 07-13-2003, 09:54 PM
AmyCroft

Default A whole Nissanmonitor - Non Composite

If moderators would compare IP adresses/IP ranges of two users posting in this thread; topdaytrader and nissanmonitor...i'm pretty sure you will find they are one in the same user.
Let the troll Eat Cake - He is a *** to start with

Cheers Amy -
Old 07-14-2003, 08:30 AM
WashUJon

I see no reason to believe the 350Z has a higher proportion of accidents when compared to other makes and models. Show some hard data and then we can have a serious look-see.

I don't even see that many people posting crash stories. There are thousands of Zs on the road and its hardly problematic if a handful of people post wreck stories. Again, I see no unusual trend with this car based on internet testimonials.

I've seen Porsches crash at race tracks and I never felt that Porsches must have a disproportionately high accident rate.

My insurance just dropped 25% this period (yay!) and I'm sure if the Zs had such terrible claim problems from disproportionately high accident rates, my insurance would have risen. Also, the government just gave the 350Z very high safety marks. I live in Chicago and I'm 27 years old, but I only pay $1,000/year to insure a very nice 2-seat sports car.

Again, I see no reason to think that there are a disproportionately high number of Z wrecks when compared to most other cars. Porsches may have older drivers and slightly less accident percentages, but even so...

BTW, what part of Japan are you in? Is this a bogus thread? lol
Old 07-14-2003, 08:42 AM
tbcz

They are not the same.

However, NissanMonitor was also recently banned under the user name "labshark7". Sometimes trolls are a little slow on the uptake and like to come back for more.
Old 07-14-2003, 08:44 AM
tbcz

Originally posted by WashUJon
Is this a bogus thread? lol
Yes, it is a bogus thread...troll trying to stir up trouble.
Old 07-14-2003, 09:12 AM
Zracer03

A couple of things strike me as odd.. First, in my area, I see far, FAR more boxters everyday then 350Z's Probably 6 Boxters to every Z I see, maybe. That's in a variety of areas, affluent or not, through my 40 mile drive to work. Now, part of that is the fact that the Boxter has been around longer then the Z. In general, Porsche owners are in a different class than Z owners, not everyone is, but in general As others have mentioned, there are numerous 16-18 yr kids on this forum with a Z, you'll see very few if any like that, with a Porsche. That I am sure accounts for a good amount of the crashes. Whether kids admit it or not, they are not the drivers some of us more experienced drivers are. When I was 18, I thought I was the best driver in the world who had reflexes better then anyone. When older, you learn to pro-active than reactive, or in other words, a more defensive driver. As far as I am concerned, this car would reduce the chance of accidents campared to other cars. The car is solid as a rock and does not move on sharp turns, it always stays flat. Stuff in this car can be done that I couldn't dream of doing in other ones. However, that is probably exactly the reason people push it and take it beyonds it's limits, and cause accidents. I'm 26, have always drove manual, and i've raced numerous cars, so I would say i'm pretty experienced. Even still, $hit does happen..
Old 07-14-2003, 09:45 AM
marhot

Default Wrecks...?

Strange thread! But... while we are on the subject check out http://www.wreckedexotics.com/

Unfortunately there are a few 350Zs already posted. (No one here I hope!)

Peace
Old 07-14-2003, 09:56 AM
350zSpeedRacer

Default Re: Wrecks...?

Originally posted by marhot
Strange thread! But... while we are on the subject check out http://www.wreckedexotics.com/

Unfortunately there are a few 350Zs already posted. (No one here I hope!)

Peace
I'm surprised Jeremy's car isn't up there. His wreck was far more severe than those two posted.
Old 07-14-2003, 10:46 AM
Stu E

Default RSX's and S2000's crash too!

After the RSX Type S came out a couple of years back I started monitoring their forum (can't remember it now) and there were quite a few horror stories and accident pictures talking about how someone over cooked it into a corner, or how it was wet and the tail came around, etc. I have also seen quite a bit of this on the S2000 forums (S2KI.COM) and there's one thing in common that all of these cars have, relatively low cost and relatively high horsepower. With this combination you often can find very unexperienced drivers in these cars pushing them way too hard on city streets. I just hope no innocent people are hurt during these "excursions".

Drive Safe, go to a track or autoX event to have your fun.

Regards,

P.S. Porsche drivers are "usually" in a completely different demographic and, from what I see rarely push their cars on the public roads.
Old 07-14-2003, 01:51 PM
WashUJon

Originally posted by tbcz
Yes, it is a bogus thread...troll trying to stir up trouble.
grrrrrrrrr

Thanks, Tim...
Old 07-14-2003, 04:55 PM
rouxeny

Wait a minute! You thought I wanted pics of YOU? Why the hell would I want that?

The CAR, I'm talking about the CAR.

But, thanks for blessing us with your presence. You probably haven't realized it, but this is actually a good topic of discussion.
We appreciate the contribution.