Old 06-02-2008, 08:24 PM
ParanoidAndroid

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so uptight.
Old 06-02-2008, 08:46 PM
jwillard0201

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ParanoidAndroid
I may not make as much money as you probably not, but i love what I do and money is not what makes me happy. Not saying that I don't make money either.
You definitely are not an English major!

Oh...I get it...you are just being creative with words!

Sorry couldn't resist!
Old 06-02-2008, 08:51 PM
east1999bt

mods keep my car fresh, plain and simple.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:48 PM
BlueZ Brother
Custom Title.

I've kept my 350Z bone stock in the 5 months I owned it...only because I'm saving up for a high-performance electric motor conversion. Going through this forum in the meantime is sheer self-torture.
Old 06-02-2008, 10:50 PM
gsazabi

Stock FTL. Only old people keep their Zs stock!
Old 06-02-2008, 10:58 PM
JSDZ33

Originally Posted by vo7848
VO
Old 06-02-2008, 11:09 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbonium
Actually yeah, it does make it stock. I could buy them directly from Nissan for example.

Stock = All factory components.

Nismo = not stock
Any part that has been changed out from the original OEM part = not stock.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:21 AM
evolved326

Its hard to get after market exhaust since I am happy with the power and sound. The stock wheels are some of the most beautiful OEM wheels ever. The only thing that bothered me was the wheels looked too tucked so that was fixed with spacers.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:15 AM
mrg1981

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbonium
You just cant give it a rest, can you? How about for those with busy work schedules and a lifestyle that does not leave too much room for the work required for successful mod deployment? Yep, thats right, either don't do it at all or do it the right way, that takes time and money and (Surprise!) there are actually people that work, take care of their kids and their family and actually give thought to monetary investments.

Now let me ask you this... what is your profession? I am just curious, since you pointed to people keeping their cars stock having no inspiration/creativity. What do you do in life and how do you show your creativity? See, the reason i ask is because i work as a Creative Director of a design studio. (title is meaningless, just illustrating my point since creativity was brought up) I don't go pointing my finger at people saying "you are a [insert profession], you have no creativity, no inspiration, lolz, you suck". Lets just say i have creativity to spare and i try to apply it any chance i get. I honestly do not have to paint my interior or put on flashy wheels. (Again, i am not against it, personal expression is important but don't forget that keeping a vehicle stock is also a way of personal expression) I just don't get the urge, sorry. Does that mean that i am not a creative person? Does that mean that nothing inspires me or i can not create something that would be of inspiration to others? So how does your comment pertain to me, my life, my interests or anything i do?

I am just sick of people using the forums as means to constantly prove their worth by having to put someone else down every chance they get. Do you have low self-esteem? What is the point of what you just posted? What have you accomplished by your remark?

I respect other people, their interests and their choices. You should try doing the same. Works wonders.

Right on.

I agree that it is pretty lame. A lot of people are here for different reasons. Just ignore those that are hear to hate on others. They are probably really good contributors in other threads, but got off on the wrong foot on this one. Just give them the benefit of the doubt and ignore their comments in this thread.

As for why some people like to mod their car and others don't...
I think there are several factors. The VAK theory could be a large part of it. If someone is visual, auditory, or kinesthetic, they will have different ways of enjoying things and expressing themselves. I for one am very strongly visual and you can tell by my car (very bling!). I have friends that don't like my car, because they are not flashy like that. Anyway, each person will have different ways of doing things and I respect and appreciate that. If I ever saw even 1 car done exactly like mine, I'd be shocked.

Appreciate the awesome variety of tastes and the many different Z's out there. We all bought a Z because we loved it the way it was from Nissan. I know I do. Also, to the others out there, the op has only had his Z for a short time and may decide he wants to mod after a year or so, maybe not. I don't see any reason that you should knock him for it.

To the OP, I really think they are just messing with you, so ignore them.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:33 AM
md350

Mine stayed stock for a while, didn't think I was going to start modding it but I changed one thing and then couldn't stop.

Anyway adding parts from the dealership does not mean stock. That's where everything Nismo comes from...my Nismo body kit came from Nissan and I wouldn't quite call that a stock addition.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:45 AM
MarvinMartian

I put an Acura RDX antenna on my Z.

I am mad pimpin' a modded Z, y0!
Old 06-03-2008, 09:46 AM
Ztalker

here's my take....front license plate on a Z = not 100% stock.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:48 AM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MarvinMartian
I put an Acura RDX antenna on my Z.

I am mad pimpin' a modded Z, y0!
Congrats, y0...
Old 06-03-2008, 10:24 AM
sanf

1 month owner. got a new radio deck, everything else is stock
Old 06-03-2008, 10:36 AM
ajcool2

If you dont have a pop charger and Volks your not cool.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:51 AM
jwillard0201

I guess you could put me on the side of no mods for now. I really dont see anything I would want/need to change.

I hear people say the bose system sucks...but I personally dont see/hear anything bad about it. Other than the "no" ipod connection. I tried to read on one of the threads about adding it but got lost on whether an '06 with dvd nav was do'able.

The stock exhaust is fine...for now. I really like the polished one with the blue tips (forget the name) but right now I have to get use to making a car payment....something I haven't had to do for almost 5 years. So for now the exhaust will have to wait.

I already know my Z will save me money...for one I dont have my truck anymore so there goes those weekend trips to home depot/lowes.

I guess once I stop looking over my shoulder at my new Z as I walk away I may just end up having to add some mods to make her new and appealing. I guess a long the same lines as a old married man liking when his wife of 10 years comes home with a new hair color...almost like having a new woman!
Old 06-03-2008, 11:21 AM
Turbonium

Originally Posted by gsazabi
Stock FTL. Only old people keep their Zs stock!
Thanks for rubbing it in
Old 06-03-2008, 11:29 AM
Dr. Venture

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

this is why i mod!

the beauty of my idea!
Old 06-03-2008, 11:39 AM
ParanoidAndroid

rock on, now you need wheels, wheels should have been 1st though oh well, looks good.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:43 PM
jwillard0201

Originally Posted by ParanoidAndroid
rock on, now you need wheels, wheels should have been 1st though oh well, looks good.
Agree, rims and wheels would definitely make it look better....but it looks sharp as it is. I guess I am just cheap but I would run the hell out of those tires and then replace....you might as well...since you paid for them.

I dont mind replacing stuff but I am gonna get my money out of it before I do.

Quick Reply: 100% Stock FTW?