Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Turbonium
Thanks for rubbing it in
Old 06-03-2008, 03:44 PM
AllstarE4
Sleeps in 350Z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Turbonium,

You may not see the need for mods, but others are addicted to it. Some here are harsh and should be ignored, but others can give good advice.

I'm still new to the forum and still awaiting the arrival of my Z, but I'll give you an example:

I feel like the stock Z suspension is pretty damn nice, but the Z that I'm purchasing has some linear drop springs already installed (used car). It obviously has a slightly lower stance than my buddy's Z on stock springs, but in addition to that the suspension is tighter (but just as smooth on the road) and has a crisper feel to it.

My point is that you may not see the need for mods because you haven't experienced the difference between stock parts and aftermarket. Appearance mods are strictly aesthetics, but maybe you'd fall in love with performance mods.
Old 06-03-2008, 05:57 PM
350z_Gio

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AllstarE4
Turbonium,

You may not see the need for mods, but others are addicted to it. Some here are harsh and should be ignored, but others can give good advice.

I'm still new to the forum and still awaiting the arrival of my Z, but I'll give you an example:

I feel like the stock Z suspension is pretty damn nice, but the Z that I'm purchasing has some linear drop springs already installed (used car). It obviously has a slightly lower stance than my buddy's Z on stock springs, but in addition to that the suspension is tighter (but just as smooth on the road) and has a crisper feel to it.

My point is that you may not see the need for mods because you haven't experienced the difference between stock parts and aftermarket. Appearance mods are strictly aesthetics, but maybe you'd fall in love with performance mods.
I completely agree with you and I just got mine 2 months ago and it 99.9% stock (got a shorty antenna). I don't feel like I need to mod it too much but I'm sure if I expirience a slightly modded 350z the mod bug will bite me
Old 06-03-2008, 11:09 PM
iamdigital

350z w/o serious MODS < WRX,Evo,S2000,M3,etc... in handling and performance
350z w/ serious MODS > almost every car I have ever drove...

This platform is begging for money to be dumped into it but at the end of the day you will be able to enjoy Z06 performance for less money at the cost of headaches albeit but mods FTW
Old 06-03-2008, 11:13 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ajcool2
If you dont have a pop charger and Volks your not cool.
If you have an AUTO you're not cool.
Old 06-03-2008, 11:50 PM
archspeed

Mine's been 99.8% stock for the last 2 years and a half of ownership.

All I have is the Nismo exhaust (which the previous owner put on), and K&N air filter. Stock rims, stock springs, everything...

I came from a GSR Integra with Skunk2 Stage1 cam works and suspension mods up the hizzle....with the Z I just want to take it easy, and enjoy the driving experience

OP, don't mind the harsh comments, there are many of us in here who are still kids at heart

And there are some of us, such as you and I, who have bigger and better fishes to fry--such as saving up for a nice single house in a good neighborhood and/or that oncoming lavish wedding ceremony
Old 06-04-2008, 12:16 AM
jerry_2612

Originally Posted by gsazabi
Stock FTL. Only old people keep their Zs stock!
Generalisation of the year?

So like asians are the worst drivers, only black people commit crime and modding if for spoilt rich people who can never be happy with what they have..... right?!?!?!
Old 06-04-2008, 06:31 AM
AllstarE4
Sleeps in 350Z

Originally Posted by 350z_Gio
I completely agree with you and I just got mine 2 months ago and it 99.9% stock (got a shorty antenna). I don't feel like I need to mod it too much but I'm sure if I expirience a slightly modded 350z the mod bug will bite me
I'm actually addicted to modding. I've never left a vehicle in stock condition. I thought I would try to offer a rational explanation and maybe open the eyes of the OP to try new things. LOL

To each his own really. It's just that when you're in a forum full of "mod-junkies", it's almost blasphemous to praise the stock form of a car.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:52 AM
cavallino33

Originally Posted by iamdigital
350z w/o serious MODS < WRX,Evo,S2000,M3,etc... in handling and performance
I don't know about the other 3 but my 350z performed better (even in stock form) than my WRX did in pretty much every way.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:30 AM
AllstarE4
Sleeps in 350Z

Maybe he meant the STI. The WRX is nice, but the STI is that much better.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:44 AM
VeeTec

I love my 07 stock, but my 04 did have a raw feel to it, with basic mods.

Lack of money, and trying to beat my stock PB is the reason my 07 will remain stock, for now.

One thing I love about the 07, is it is faster than my modified 04 was, a little bit anyway, stock. The 04 did make a very nice sound though, with the Borla TD's, TP's, AAM Angled Spacer and JWT intake.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:06 AM
cavallino33

Originally Posted by AllstarE4
Maybe he meant the STI. The WRX is nice, but the STI is that much better.
Oh yeah, then I'd agree.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:57 AM
Sablelieger

Well, mine is 100% OEM only because I picked it up last week; it won;t stay stock for long; however, I'm not the person to stary ripping the vehicle a aprt and turn it into a track attac monster... Far from it.

My idea has been to slightly work the exteriro to improve its look and appeal, maybe add some ICE to the interior and a decent kit outside with some rims and rubbers, but nothing too "ricey", just something to enhance the look without having to inject my entire public servant paycheck into it. A part here and a part there...

The 350 is a beautiful beast in its basic configuration, I just want to being out the best attributes just a little. Kinf of "Bringing Sexy BacK"
Old 06-04-2008, 12:10 PM
Dr. Venture

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My gf has had the STI. Amazing car but she traded it in for a 4runner. 2 weeks ago she picked up an 06 Evo IX. I love it. Its her new project car since she has the 4 runner the evo and i've got the Z. Perfect little family. haha

But as far as that Serious mods post, i can tell you this the STI has crappy handling compared to the Z. The EVO, and S2K are in the same league with very slight differences. But the Z for stock can out handle with the best of them.

Most may agree though that the EVO destroys them all as far as handling, i can vouch for that. Hence why i love to drive it when im not driving the Z!

Last edited by Dr. Venture; 06-04-2008 at 12:33 PM.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:13 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

my car stayed stock for about 4 days

I mod because I have to lolol - it's a need I have to feed. The person who posted about the car being the canvas is exactly how I look at it. The only way to educate myself about the car is to try a variety of different things with it. Is the car good out of the box? Absolutely. Could it be better? Without a doubt. I like the basic concept of what the car is, but Nissan certainly didn't build it to my exact specs, nor my exact wants...but with time and some money, I have been able to do just that.
Old 06-04-2008, 02:56 PM
mdracer76
Banned

Don't lol.. but.. My Antenna is stock Thats about it....

If I were to keep a Z stock it would have to have a unique build # or vin #.. i.e. something with the chassis code (You listening hras!) . That way, many years down the road, a collector will pay top dollar for it.

Anything else with a Z badge is open to mod.
Old 06-04-2008, 03:29 PM
Dr. Venture

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mdracer76
Don't lol.. but.. My Antenna is stock Thats about it....

If I were to keep a Z stock it would have to have a unique build # or vin #.. i.e. something with the chassis code (You listening hras!) . That way, many years down the road, a collector will pay top dollar for it.

Anything else with a Z badge is open to mod.

how much r u pushing with them stickers?

Old 06-04-2008, 05:00 PM
ChrisPPW

shut up.
Old 06-04-2008, 06:18 PM
Turbonium

Originally Posted by ChrisPPW
shut up.
wat?
Old 06-04-2008, 06:24 PM
usmanasif

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mdracer76 (or others), which sides are those? I should know that already but I know they look very similar to another set of sides and I can never remember which is which.

Quick Reply: 100% Stock FTW?