Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

100% Stock FTW?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 04:18 PM
Turbonium

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 100% Stock FTW?

Lets hear it from those who managed to keep their Zs 100% stock.

If you had the urge to mod, please post why. Reason i am asking is that because i honestly do not see any reason to mod this car at all.

Personally i think the Z is a timeless design. It looks absolutely gorgeous out of the box. The only thing i intend to do is go 245 front and 265 rear wheels/tires (have not made up my mind yet, but something forged, the lightest i can get), no spacers. My V1 is coming on Tuesday and that should complete the list of mods for the life of my ownership of the car.

I did manage to keep my Evo IX MR 100% stock for a year and a half btw (sold it and the new owner was "thanking the gods" for finding one in the original condition and such TLC).

Quick note: I am not saying that Mods are trash in any way, just curious what the goal is. Mods are just the means to reaching a goal in my view. What is it?

EDIT in RESPONSE:

Originally Posted by DavesZ#3
Do we really need another mod/no-mod thread where there's already a couple of them?

Plus, there are hundreds of best/worst/first/performance/handling/..../ad nauseum.... mod threads.
Probably not. I just wanted to see if anyone on these boards managed to keep their Z stock and for how long. But hey, guys, if there is no more room on the boards for this thread or the thought of a stock Z irritates everyone so much, please by any means, kill it.

It was a gorgeous day for a drive today by the way. Summer is here.

Last edited by Turbonium; 06-05-2008 at 07:29 AM.
Old 06-01-2008, 04:24 PM
Phantom Menace

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

errr...new/different rims/rubber wouldn't make it 100% stock. Sorry but you and your thread = fail.
You should buy your turbo Lancer back.
Old 06-01-2008, 04:46 PM
ParanoidAndroid

because you take what is there, like a canvas and you tastefully mod to your appeal, making it an art piece for one to love. watching it change into difference and pondering what could make it just that much better? The joy of watching it grow changing with every slight knowledge.
stock is just stock, but once modded you can call it your masterpiece some fail, but ones who research and truly sit and think about what you are doing make a beautiful machine.

Just as if you were to say paint a room in the house, or add a fence or decorate your house, something to take away from the plain and make it yours.

hooray for you if you think stock is great, but for some modding the car is a must/life.

You can do so many things to boost performance, better handling and much better appeal, adding flavor to the great body lines of the car.

Keeping it stock is for restoration.
Old 06-01-2008, 04:50 PM
Turbonium

Originally Posted by Phantom Menace
errr...new/different rims/rubber wouldn't make it 100% stock. Sorry but you and your thread = fail.
You should buy your turbo Lancer back.
Actually yeah, it does make it stock. I could buy them directly from Nissan for example. And since when does different rubber on a car void its stock status? I don't think even Barret Jackson would mention "incorrect tires".

... don't understand the whole "buy your turbo Lancer back" hate thing though, did i say something to warrant that kind of crap? Jeeees, did you forget to take your meds today or something?

Last edited by Turbonium; 06-01-2008 at 04:54 PM.
Old 06-01-2008, 04:51 PM
Turbonium

Originally Posted by ParanoidAndroid
because you take what is there, like a canvas and you tastefully mod to your appeal, making it an art piece for one to love. watching it change into difference and pondering what could make it just that much better? The joy of watching it grow changing with every slight knowledge.
stock is just stock, but once modded you can call it your masterpiece some fail, but ones who research and truly sit and think about what you are doing make a beautiful machine.

Just as if you were to say paint a room in the house, or add a fence or decorate your house, something to take away from the plain and make it yours.

hooray for you if you think stock is great, but for some modding the car is a must/life.

You can do so many things to boost performance, better handling and much better appeal, adding flavor to the great body lines of the car.

Keeping it stock is for restoration.
That i can understand. Unless i truly believe that Nissan did a better job vs. what i could do, which i do to be honest.
Old 06-01-2008, 04:52 PM
ParanoidAndroid

Originally Posted by Turbonium
Actually yeah, it does make it stock. I could buy them directly from Nissan for example.

... don't understand the whole "buy your turbo Lancer back" hate thing though,did i say something to warrant that kind of crap?
and if you were to buy nismo CAI from nissan, would that still make it stock?

Last edited by ParanoidAndroid; 06-01-2008 at 04:55 PM.
Old 06-01-2008, 04:52 PM
drivenCSZ

5.5 years later i have a popcharger, clear corners, and a shaved nissan burger up front.

mine still looks good, though i would mod if i hada few grand burning a hole in my pocket
Old 06-01-2008, 04:53 PM
bizcotch

"Personalizing" to what makes every individual happy
Old 06-01-2008, 04:54 PM
NismoZ350

Originally Posted by Turbonium
Actually yeah, it does make it stock. I could buy them directly from Nissan for example.

... don't understand the whole "buy your turbo Lancer back" hate thing though, did i say something to warrant that kind of crap?
We're a bunch of sad bitter individuals here. I take it you just got the Z? If you hang around here you're catch the mod bug sooner or later... and become a sad, bitter individual...
Old 06-01-2008, 04:55 PM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Well, I happen to agree with you. But I'd not push it to hard here; most guys like to mod. That's fine; our Zs are not exactly purchased for pure transportation reasons. With sports cars its about what gets your blood pumping. For a large number of people, it's modding. To each there own...operative policy here.
Old 06-01-2008, 04:58 PM
Hoyt_Z

Does my RDX Antenna make me not stock Well then again Ive only had the car a few weeks and I have the bug already. Cant wait to start!
Old 06-01-2008, 04:59 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Do we really need another mod/no-mod thread where there's already a couple of them?

https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z/258918-does-anybody-not-mod-their-z.html
https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z/312470-how-long-did-you-last-before-catching-the-mod-bug.html
https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-nissan-350z/289460-i-promised-myself-i-wouldn-t-mod-bug.html

Plus, there are hundreds of best/worst/first/performance/handling/..../ad nauseum.... mod threads.
Old 06-01-2008, 05:00 PM
Turbonium

Originally Posted by ParanoidAndroid
and if you were to buy nismo CAI from nissan, would that still make it stock?
I would have to say yes. Anything purchased from the manufacturer designed and developed for your car specifically makes it stock. In other words "purchased from the dealer". "Dealer installed" is even better. Anything outside of these two terms actually decreases the value of the car by the way.
Old 06-01-2008, 05:05 PM
ParanoidAndroid

^man speaks the truth.
but bloody barbarous.
Old 06-01-2008, 05:07 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Judging by the tone of these last couple of posts ... this thread is heading for closure....
Old 06-01-2008, 05:10 PM
blasian

Judging by the tone of these last couple of posts ... this thread is heading for closure....
Kick his *** c-bass!
Old 06-01-2008, 05:10 PM
Slow*Jim

The only reason I haven't dumped 10 grand into mods is because I can't decide whether to keep the 04 or buy an 07-08. And also I don't have 10 grand
Only thing I've done so far is a JIC exhaust, and upgraded pads & fluid for the track. If I decide to keep it I'll do anything I can to make it competitive in NASA TTC

Last edited by Slow*Jim; 06-01-2008 at 05:13 PM.
Old 06-01-2008, 05:11 PM
Turbonium

Could be... i just do not see how my post warrants the kind of childish replies... but whatever, to each their own. Have a great evening guys.
Old 06-01-2008, 05:36 PM
krnzzang84

mine 110% stock, except JWT Intake.
I really don't consider intake as a mod
Old 06-01-2008, 05:52 PM
Arondos

I've got an 06 enthusiast only got about 6500 miles on it, mainly just back and forth to work 4 days a week. 100% stock so far. I'd be modding but the wife would kill me. Biggest thing I want right now is a better stereo. The car is already fast enough. I like having an exhaust that doesn't make the cops look at me. If I were going to do anything tires and rims would be the second thing after a stereo.

Quick Reply: 100% Stock FTW?