Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

100% Stock FTW?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008 | 06:24 PM
Turbonium

Originally Posted by Dr. Venture
My gf has had the STI. Amazing car but she traded it in for a 4runner. 2 weeks ago she picked up an 06 Evo IX. I love it. Its her new project car since she has the 4 runner the evo and i've got the Z. Perfect little family. haha

But as far as that Serious mods post, i can tell you this the STI has crappy handling compared to the Z. The EVO, and S2K are in the same league with very slight differences. But the Z for stock can out handle with the best of them.

Most may agree though that the EVO destroys them all as far as handling, i can vouch for that. Hence why i love to drive it when im not driving the Z!
I have to agree as far as the Evo goes stock for stock... that thing has the most amazing steering response i have ever experienced. You can literally say "no, i want to be 5mm to the left", point the car and go. Sometimes my IX would get a bit taxing on really screwed up roads simply because it would take an effort to keep it pointed in the right direction because it would react to the slightest change in the road surface but that felt great even when the going got rough. Why did i sell my IX MR in that case? It is a long story but in the end i am glad i did and i am enjoying the Z more vs. when i got my Evo. Hey, it might be due to the age thing (thanks to all that pointed that out, i will have to get back at ya with revealing pics of my various hot female comanions ) but it might have to do with something with the Evo being an extension of a compact shitbox vs. the Z being in a league of its own. I could probably try to explain but i'll spare you the "wall of text".

Last edited by Turbonium; 06-04-2008 at 06:27 PM.
Old 06-04-2008 | 06:28 PM
Phantom Menace

Originally Posted by GSX-R350Z
Congratulations you win the jackass of the day award.
This is exactly how we chase people away from the boards.
This is why I stop making threads.
Maybe you shouldn't quote posts that you do not have any contexts to comment about...and who "chased" anyone away from any board, you Maple-Syrup-slurping-wanna-be-gixxer rider? What you don't know is that there was about 4 posts that was deleted from this thread! So, not only are you quoting out of context, but you are a ridiculous failure yourself.

I stopped posting on this thread because it became argumentative and pointless...and I thought Dave the Mod killed this incendiary thread.

Now I'm back cause you wanna be a side-busting idiot.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FKR3QU3dB0M&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FKR3QU3dB0M&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="500" height="400"></embed></object>

Last edited by Phantom Menace; 06-04-2008 at 06:46 PM.
Old 06-04-2008 | 06:33 PM
gsazabi

Originally Posted by usmanasif
mdracer76 (or others), which sides are those? I should know that already but I know they look very similar to another set of sides and I can never remember which is which.
ings+ N-Spec
Old 06-04-2008 | 06:47 PM
Dr. Venture

Originally Posted by ChrisPPW
shut up.

I think this was toward me...
Old 06-04-2008 | 06:53 PM
Turbonium

Originally Posted by Phantom Menace
Maybe you shouldn't quote posts that you do not have any contexts to comment about...and who "chased" anyone away from any board, you Maple-Syrup-slurping-wanna-be-gixxer rider? What you don't know is that there was about 4 posts that was deleted from this thread! So, not only are you quoting out of context, but you are a ridiculous failure yourself.

I stopped posting on this thread because it became argumentative and pointless...and I thought Dave the Mod killed this incendiary thread.

Now I'm back cause you wanna be a side-busting idiot.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FKR3QU3dB0M&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FKR3QU3dB0M&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="500" height="400"></embed></object>
An i am glad you are back because this thing was starting to get dull. No hard feelings man, its all good
Old 06-04-2008 | 07:31 PM
Phantom Menace

Originally Posted by Turbonium
An i am glad you are back because this thing was starting to get dull. No hard feelings man, its all good
Thanks...it's good to be back, man!

Never any hard feelings! We exchange ideas/thoughts/opinions = Democracy!
Old 06-04-2008 | 07:58 PM
Zyclone Z

You go VROOM VROOM

I GO Vroom Vrooooom Vroooooooooooom

Bye Bye To Your Stock Z :-P
Old 06-04-2008 | 08:18 PM
ZedHed

i had mine for 8 months before i got rid of it
and i kept it stock the entire time.

the mod bug bit with my new car and i think
with my Z it just hadnt crossed my mind to mod
it at that point......

its all personal opinion,
when i get my new Z, i plan on modding
the hell out of it. =]]
Old 06-05-2008 | 04:12 AM
KManZ
Banned

My car isn't paid off... neither are my student loans... and I don't own a house or live with my parents... aka my money goes towards my living expenses. No, I am not going to put everything on a credit card and get more in debt. I know that if the time comes and I need to, selling a stock car is one hundred times easier than selling modded. And my warranty stays in tact. And I can't have a boy-racer look when pulling up to work each day...

Upgrading the sound system is fine, along w/ tasteful rims (Nismo), but anything else, in my opinion, is excessive. If I want a faster car, I will buy one. Stock Z is great the way it is.
Old 06-05-2008 | 04:26 AM
azula

Originally Posted by 35oZephyR
There should be a website for stock Z's:

"www.mystock350z.com"

There would only be two sub-forums:

"Off topic" and "Repair & Maintenance"

hah j/k

lol
Old 06-05-2008 | 05:46 AM
mdracer76
Banned

Originally Posted by usmanasif
mdracer76 (or others), which sides are those? I should know that already but I know they look very similar to another set of sides and I can never remember which is which.
ING's +1 N-Spec
Old 06-05-2008 | 06:53 AM
BYL

Originally Posted by KManZ
My car isn't paid off... neither are my student loans... and I don't own a house or live with my parents... aka my money goes towards my living expenses. No, I am not going to put everything on a credit card and get more in debt. I know that if the time comes and I need to, selling a stock car is one hundred times easier than selling modded. And my warranty stays in tact. And I can't have a boy-racer look when pulling up to work each day...

Upgrading the sound system is fine, along w/ tasteful rims (Nismo), but anything else, in my opinion, is excessive. If I want a faster car, I will buy one. Stock Z is great the way it is.
CAN I GET AN AMEN BROTHER!!
Old 06-05-2008 | 07:31 AM
Turbonium

I must confess... I have sinned, i replaced my antenna with the one from the RDX.

I've also reached the decision to go with Work Meister S1 3P. Black, polished lip.
Old 06-05-2008 | 07:43 AM
C5_vette

Originally Posted by ZedHed
i had mine for 8 months before i got rid of it
and i kept it stock the entire time.

the mod bug bit with my new car and i think
with my Z it just hadnt crossed my mind to mod
it at that point......

its all personal opinion,
when i get my new Z, i plan on modding
the hell out of it. =]]

Fial!
Old 06-05-2008 | 09:46 AM
MadeIn350z

Originally Posted by KManZ

+1 if money grew on trees id be driving something that doesn't need modding ;D
Old 06-05-2008 | 02:00 PM
jmjftw

2005 Enthusiast 6 Spd, bone stock with 26k, I bought it new and I just bought my first set of tires for it. Michelin Pilot Sport A/S. I paid it off last month and I'm keeping it till the wheels fall off. I love this car just the way it is.
Old 06-07-2008 | 01:24 PM
350zbra

2006 Touring 6spd Roadster. Got it in June of 06. It stayed stock until Sep 07 when I put on a nismo exhaust and a popcharger at about 9k. Now at 13k June 08 I just got nismo headers. I have 5 vehicles: 2 cars, a truck, a bike, and a jetski and they all have exhausts. For me, driving, riding or whatever, is nothing without the sound that goes with it. If I had a Honda Fit, It would probably have an intake and exhaust too, as ridiculous as that may sound. Not an obnoxious exhaust, but a proper sounding exhaust. I absolutely adore the exhaust note on this car even in its stock form. It's just too quiet for me. Believe me, I have nothing against modding or anything like that I just don't have the disposable income i used to. This car's job is to get me there and be fun to drive and it does those, and that's why I bought it in the first place.

By the way, what is FTW?
Old 06-07-2008 | 01:58 PM
roast

Originally Posted by 350zbra
what is FTW?
In the case of this thread.... "For The *******"