Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Some guy in a honda just tried to take me

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2003, 12:00 PM
time4aspliff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Honda arguably builds the best conservative cars on this planet. My friends and family members who drive them are always attesting to the reliability and quality for the buck. If I needed a practical front wheel drive sedan, I'd jump on a new Accord or an Acura TL.

There's no doubt that you can make a 91' Civic hatchback hit the 1/4 mile in less than 13 seconds for relatively cheap (my co-worker has hit the high 12's). However, for any type of spirited driving, I just don't see the the logic in souping up a front wheel drive car ( no matter how fast you make it...). It's kind of like these new high horsepower SUVs-I simply don't get it and probably never will. For example: it's no coincidence that you rarely see FWD cars at drifting events. Another example: when's the last time you heard of Porsche, Ferrari, Lotus, BMW, etc. offering a FWD car? Basically, if you want a genuine sports car and it has to be a Honda, I would recommend the S2000 or the NSX. If you're just looking for a commuter/grocery getter, I'd get an Accord or a Camry.

As far as being challenged by "ordinary" cars. It happens to me all the time. I'm more of a weekend "tracker" as opposed to a street racer so I just turn up The Clash and completely ignore all challengers/provokers. The other day, in fact, there was this lowered Integra that kept slowing down (hoping that I'd race him)... I simply turned up The Clash and promptly got behind Mr. Diesel. He seemed pretty upset that I wouldn't accept his challenge but he'll get over it...

Oh, and BTW, the new Accord Coupe is quite quick indeed.

Just my 1.5 cents...
Old 08-10-2003, 02:27 PM
DriveI65

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Around here I have pickups trying me every morning and evening. I'll give them this, they will go faster than I'm will to go once I shut down and let them catch up. They mostly want to see it go fast quick. Smiles all around.

As for Hondas, I have a 92 Accord that I let my daughter and her husband use. It has 270,000 miles and still runs great. You can't beat them with a stick for visibility and running forever, even after it survived my son for 3 years.