Old 09-30-2008, 06:29 AM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

godddd damn I would hope so. your paying a car payment in insurance alone lol
Old 09-30-2008, 06:31 AM
4mula1 Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Brrcats
I pay 80/mo for the Z and a cherokee with Geico. The Z is listed as a recreational vehicle and the jeep as my primary.

Geico was the best for me as well. I am 42, and when I went from a Chrysler 300M to my 06 Z, I switched from Progressive to Geico, and my insurance went down 50%. Yes, I was paying twice as much for the 300M with Progressive then I am with Geico for the Z.
Old 09-30-2008, 06:49 AM
Entaille

different companies have different regional data and car data.. thats why everyone should shop around every couple of years.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:27 AM
350z-Jason

im 19, since i live in tampa and have a sports car... my insurance is 335 a month on my parents plan. i have no tickets either, and just 1 very minor accident in a parking lot (still have no idea how then can bump my insurance if there was no police report). but if youve ever driven in tampa, you know why its so high.
Old 09-30-2008, 10:21 AM
kryten

I got insurance for my Z at $3,200/year with JustCar (an australian company) and that was actually the cheapest. RAC and more mainstream insurance companies were like $5K/year. Although I doubt I'll ever end up actually using it.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:02 PM
ttg35fort
Professional

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 350z-Jason
state farm is what i have... they are also the only company i know of that will insure every mod i do, free of charge. just keep receipts.
Be happy.

Last edited by ttg35fort; 09-30-2008 at 05:12 PM.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:25 PM
350z-Jason

i went in, and talked to my adjuster. she called corporate b/c she didn't know if i had to insure my car for more or not. after getting off the phone with corporate, she said that as long as I have pictures and receipts of what was on my car it is insured w/ everything on it. she said if i were to go into the parking lot and my car was gone, they would give me the money for everything that was on it/in it if i had proof.

Last edited by 350z-Jason; 09-30-2008 at 08:50 PM.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:36 PM
eNtitY~
Banned

I pay $90/m through AAA.
Old 09-30-2008, 03:41 PM
steves1150

Originally Posted by EdAInWestOC
Hello All,
I rarely post here but I have a question I can't seem to find an answer to.

I am searching for opinions on insurance companies, their rates and specifically whether one exists that is more friendly to the high performance car market (specifically insuring the Z).

Thanks,
Ed
Hi Ed,

I think this is a very tough question to answer as nearly everyone's demographic for insurance is different. With that caveat in mind, Mercury Insurance, my company, is raising my rates $500 for my potential new-to-me 2007 Z.

$500 dollars a year for full coverage on a 300 hp sports car seems very reasonable....

FWIW I am 55, married, no tickets in over 30 years, and we have 3 other cars insured...

Cheers,
Steve
Old 09-30-2008, 03:43 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by lawrence_9541
i use USAA...rates keep going down for me and im 24
they will go up, they did for me in Tx, dam people making claims! LOL!
Old 10-01-2008, 07:52 AM
j.arnaldo
Banned

"Insurance" companies use the "Sports Car" categorization to overcharge us--in SPITE of
age/driving record!--for our Zeds' insurance. They KNOW we love our beaZts, & take ad-
vantage of that fact to mistreat their "preferred customers"!!! Insurance Cos, Banks, Po-
liticians, Lawyers, car salesmen...yuck...
Old 10-01-2008, 07:59 AM
R-TuneZ

this is a really pointless thread... its not going to get you anywhere, OP.

your best bet is to call insurance agencies in your area and ask them to run quotes for you, and choose the cheapest one.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:04 AM
t0mills

Ouch, some of you guys are getting reamed!

I really did save a bunch of money by switching both of my vehicles to Geico.

The Z cost's me ~$75 a month for full coverage with $500 deductables, and the Uninsured Motorist at the highest setting. And I'm 23.

-Tim
Old 10-01-2008, 08:12 AM
j.arnaldo
Banned

That's d-e-d-u-c-t-i-b-l-e-s.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:18 AM
MarvinMartian

I had two SUVs on my policy with GEICO.
An '06 and an '07.

Traded the '06 in on the Z, and my rates went down approximately $2 per month.

Old 10-01-2008, 09:45 AM
Fooshe

Originally Posted by R-TuneZ
this is a really pointless thread... its not going to get you anywhere, OP.

your best bet is to call insurance agencies in your area and ask them to run quotes for you, and choose the cheapest one.

I could not disagree more with this posting. Not bashing R-TuneZ, just saying that your posting is exactly what people do wrong. That being said, let me give you my

To understand why your rates are what they are is just as important as anything else. As member Steve said earlier, the variables for each driver are different. Age, gender, years licensed, miles driven annually, driving record, vehicle location, coverage limits, etc. all play a role in your rate. Because insurance rates are calculated off a large matrix of variables, not everyone pays the same rate. Couple that with the rules of probability and large numbers, and that is how you get your rates. (That is very over simplified, but basically how it happens)

It makes sense that a 16 year old that has no driving experience pays more than a 55 year old, right? It also is reasonable that someone who drives their Z 3500 miles a year and only on weekends pays less than a person who commutes daily and puts 15,000 miles on the car a year. You see my point? That being said, the one thing that this forum can't help with too much is location; and you really do need to compare rates for your specific location.

Furthermore, insurance is not all the same for each State. Some are liability States and others are No-Fault States. It mainly has to do with recovery of damages rules, but it does require different coverage’s. Oh, I almost forgot that some states use credit ratings as a determining factor. I think I have illustrated my point in that your broad question is difficult to answer here. Even the same carriers are different from State to State. I would be just as critical of all carriers in all situations and weigh them equally.

Allow me to make this suggestion to you, take with people and see what they think of their insurance agent. No matter what their answer (poss. or negative) as them why they feel that way. If they say they don't have an agent, ask them about their company (could be a direct writer company where you deal with the company direct). Again, ask why they feel that way.
Given the choice, I would go with a company that uses an independent agent. An independent agent works for you, not the company. That way, you have someone that knows the business, the lingo and how insurance works. Not to mention that they are charged with a moral & contractual obligation to assist you and give you clear, accurate and unbiased information and advice while putting your needs ahead of their interest.

Some people think a direct writer is cheaper, but that is not always the case. Not to mention the fact that the information a good agent can give you might just save your bacon, which is priceless. If you shop price only, you might not be getting a good policy or a good agent. I'm not saying you won't, I'm saying that you might be getting what you pay for. Look for an independent agent that has been in business for at least 10-15 years and has no complaints filed with the Dept. of Insurance in your state. A quick google search will help you find it.

If you have any specific questions you need help with, feel free to ask me directly. I don't think your questions are dumb or pointless, just from a point of veiw that is uninformed.

Steve

Last edited by Fooshe; 10-01-2008 at 09:48 AM.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:49 AM
Entaille

Originally Posted by t0mills

The Z cost's me ~$75 a month for full coverage with $500 deductables, and the Uninsured Motorist at the highest setting. And I'm 23.

-Tim

you live in arkansas though, theres like 5 people in the entire state that own an autombile - very low amount of acidents to be had.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:51 AM
Fooshe

Originally Posted by t0mills

-Tim

Tim, dude, you're in Arkansas!! Love the place, but come on.....all 20 of you can't be on the road at the same time and the other 20 only take their tractors out on the fields.

Last edited by Fooshe; 10-01-2008 at 09:55 AM.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:54 AM
Fooshe

Originally Posted by 350z-Jason
state farm is what i have... they are also the only company i know of that will insure every mod i do, free of charge. just keep receipts.
Wooooo there cowboy! I am not too sure of that. Even if it may be true in Florida, it is clearly not true for all states. I will tell you this, I know for a fact that the coverage is different in California and those items would not be covered.

Again, the rules differ from State to State...even within the same Company.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:02 AM
Entaille

hmm. this makes me want to check with my insurance company to see if my add ons are covered if I have the receipts - I always worried that if they knew about performance mods the rate would go up.

Quick Reply: 350Z Insurance