Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Unbelievable...

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2003, 09:13 AM
Dream2Reality

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unbelievable...

I ordered a Redline 350z coupe performance level about 2.5 months ago from Sansone Nissan in Avenel, NJ. I got it new from the factory instead of off the lot for my own personal reasons. I've been checking now and again to see the status on it with the dealer, but he never had any info on it...until last Friday.

I go in and speak to the sales manager (he's the only person I deal with in the dealership) and he goes and checks. After about 20 minutes, he sits me down. Turns out that my car came into stock a week ago. However, when it arrived, it somehow fell off the truck and got banged up so badly that the rear strut bar came loose. Not only was the car messed up cosmetically, but also structurally, so they had to send it back. Note: I was NEVER called.

So now I have 3 options. Change the color (because apparently red is impossible to find in performance) to have them locate it, buy a higher model (the only red they found with the options I want is a touring with frost leather interior) at invoice price which is still almost 2,000 over the price I had ordered, or order another.

Since I'm paying so much damn money, I'm thinking I'd rather wait another couple of months and have what I want than buy the one with frost interior and have it look stupid, AND pay more (can't really afford it...the performance level was even pushing it).

I cannot believe the friggin luck I have for this to happen. Is there anything else I should do?
Old 08-12-2003, 09:32 AM
350G

Sorry to hear that man. I have a redline performance that is about one month old (trucked it in from Indiana with 11 miles on it). When I bought it, there were at least 2-3 other ones in my area (KY). Try going to Nissan's web site and search the dealers in neighboring states....most of them will allow you to view their current inventory. With all the hassle you've gone through, they should give you the same price on a touring! I didn't go touring since I don't like leather (slip and slide) and I plan on doing all my audio work. Good luck.
Old 08-12-2003, 09:32 AM
alienx

Man, that is where I took my first of two test drives. At the time, I thought I would never buy from them becuase of the automall style of highway dealership they had (this coming from two previous luxury brand cars prior to the Z). But after visiting other Nissan dealerships, they seemed not to be any worse.

Anyway, I feel bad for you. I couldn't wait the week I took to get my loan and paperwork in order. So I called the dealer and Took off a day of work to go get mine.

The positive thing is that they didn't try to fix it and sell it to you as new!!! And the 04's have to be coming out soon too. This should give you more options. Maybe you can use the bad experience to get them to cut you a good deal on a new one. Might save you a grand or more.

Sorry.
Old 08-12-2003, 09:35 AM
zwindsor
Twisty addict

Try searching the Net yourself. You don't know how far the dealer went for the search. Maybe you can call NNA and have them check their complete stock and pending arrivals.

If what you WANT can't be found then reorder and wait. Don't put yourself into a financial situation that will make you regret your purchase. The dealer should also give you additional incentives for your troubles even though it's not their fault but the truckers.
Old 08-12-2003, 09:35 AM
___DJK___

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like BS. Your car probably came in and was sold. He didnt have the guts to tell you.
Old 08-12-2003, 09:51 AM
Dream2Reality

Originally posted by ___DJK___
Sounds like BS. Your car probably came in and was sold. He didnt have the guts to tell you.
I was thinking this too...how can I find out? Ask for the vin number?
Old 08-12-2003, 09:54 AM
cincyspider

I LIKE my frost interior!!
Old 08-12-2003, 09:54 AM
Dream2Reality

I like the frost alot...just not in the redline exterior
Old 08-12-2003, 09:56 AM
350G

Just chalk it up to experience. By asking details, you're just going to put them on the defensive end and that won't deliver your car any sooner. BUT, yeah, they probably sold the damn thing.
Old 08-12-2003, 12:12 PM
Balls

Is there anything else I should do?
Yeah... go to another dealer. I was told my car was difficult to find and when I went to another dealer they found it in a matter of days.
Old 08-12-2003, 12:16 PM
Dream2Reality

They just found it!

Should be here by the weekend, exactly as I wanted. Woo hoo!
Old 08-12-2003, 01:33 PM
cincyspider

Yea....i wouldn't believe anything the sales people tell you! They are schooled in deception! I did my own search and knew where just about every damn DB and Lemans Z with my options was in the whole US! One guy had the nerve to tell me there were NONE anywhere....but the other colors on his lot were great cars, yadda yadda yadda... I just told him he ought to check the 3 dealers in CT, 2 in VA, 2 in WI, 1 in Pittsburgh, etc etc...then walked out. That was fun!

Took my son out VW shopping last year.....finally found a dealer that had the turbo version he wanted...just across the river in Northern KY (we're in Cincinnati). Sales guy was young, and seemed SOOO nice....couldn't get him to budge enough on the price so after 3 test drives and yakking for 45 min, we told him we'd think about it...all of a sudden, his sales/marketing assholeness 101 took over. He started claiming there was some guy that had been calling the last 3 days about THIS car and was going to be in that Monday, etc etc...and that he checked and there wasn't another model like this in 5 states around us. OK..whatever...I was pissed by this point and wouldn't have bought a donut from him. We left. I emailed a couple VW dealerships around us...one in Dayton, OH...got back to us..I called, told him what we wanted...price we were looking for..he said he didn't think they had it, but he'd check and get back to me. 15 min later, he called...said he had it...DEAL. We went there the next day....they said they made a mistake...it wasn't exactly how I wanted it...seems it had a couple options I didn't ask for...and if it was ok, they'd wouldn't charge for them! Doh!

That was about $500 in additional options! We bought it and drove it home. They were first class.
Old 08-12-2003, 02:20 PM
marhot

Angry My .02 ...

Seems like 2 options to me:

1.Try to locate, there are still a lot of ’03 Zs still out there. Make the dealership pay for the transportation.
Or
2. Go to another dealer, your dealer’s story sounds like B***S***. If you hadn’t asked I bet he would have sold you the damaged Z to you as a new car and not told you.

But that said, I’ll definitely try to deal with another dealership, if possible. I’ve read too many horror stories on this forum about dealerships and their B***S*** like this.

Good luck.

Peace.
Old 08-12-2003, 02:41 PM
zwindsor
Twisty addict

Originally posted by Dream2Reality
They just found it!

Should be here by the weekend, exactly as I wanted. Woo hoo!
That's great news I hope it's getting trucked and not driven to your dealer. Did you ask? You don't want a bunch of beaten miles on it by some punk car jocky.
Old 08-12-2003, 04:02 PM
DruDragzOn

That same dealership also told me yesterday that a silverstone base Z was still available. I got there yesterday and was told to go to the lot to see the car. Amazingly, the car was no longer there. The dealer looked surprised. He then came back to the offices and, after talking to an employee passing by, was told there was a silverstone at the side of the building and there itwas. The only thing was that it was a touring.

Moral of the story: I was taken for a ride. I firmly believe that car was already sold but he still lied to me so I would come to the dealership in hopes to buy something else. A more expensive one I might add. The exact words I said to the dealer was this:
"The silverstone base Z I wanted was here this morning and now gone, so I'm gone too." I promptly went to Nissan Springfield and got me a Super Black Base instead and loving it. This is not the first time I've had a bad run in with Sansone Auto Mall.
Old 08-12-2003, 05:22 PM
Dream2Reality

I can tell you there hasn't been a silverstone Z there within the past 5 days. I've been there everyday since Friday. The only silverstone was the touring. Something's definetly up, but I guess it worked out because I got my car for invoice price.
Old 08-12-2003, 05:48 PM
Wisky

From what I hear, and my own personal experiences . . . Nissan dealerships suck. My friend (who purchased a DB 350Z track) was told lots of BS by different dealers, I personally would have went for the G35c just to utilize the Infiniti dealers and service.