Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

does the Z draw alot of police attention

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 09:31 AM
SoldzMyZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Never been stopped by cops for my tinted windows or anything and I live in california unlike my mitsubishi eclipse.

Honestly, you have smoked taillights, I'd pull you over if I was a cop.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:55 AM
Polo08816
Banned

Originally Posted by raiderlax43
i was never pulled over before i had my Z, ever. since i have had it i was pulled over 3 times, two tickets too. i have been told that my car looks fast when it drives, or that it sounds like i'm always going fast when i am not. do you find these things to be true about your Z. i give cops my PBA cards, and they ignore them. tonight i got a ticket for doing 40 in a 25 when the cop was coming head on toward me out of a turn, he barely even saw my car before he decided to pull me over. i also know for a fact i was not doing 40 because of the digital display in the car. the fastest point i reached was 30mph. do you find its true that the Z attracts cops to you?
My military ID and DoD tag on my car will probably help, but I've never been pulled over. I assume if an officer is looking for someone to harass (when they haven't done anything wrong), they'll find another target if you're polite and subtly show them your military ID.
Old 11-15-2008, 12:14 PM
kneedragger81

Originally Posted by JZurita
Cops stare at me (sometimes even give me a nod), but I have never been pulled over.
I bet you were laid back with one hand on the wheel...You're too cool man!
Old 11-15-2008, 12:18 PM
dailong06

i've been tailed by a few cops, that's about it
Old 11-15-2008, 12:22 PM
cbeneke

I got pulled over probably 10 times or so in my blue Volvo in the 6 years that I drove it. I've yet to be pulled over in my red Z in the year that I've owned it. Makes no sense to me because I drive just as fast.
Old 11-15-2008, 01:35 PM
HDPDZO6

Originally Posted by Dr. Venture
the guy should of at the least honored the officer who gave you the pba card
Why? PBA cards are a dime a dozen. I'll use other considerations when deciding whether to cite or not.
Old 11-15-2008, 01:37 PM
350Zin'L.A.

Originally Posted by kneedragger81
-1st Cop "OH SH*T!! there goes tht cool guy!!!"..... VROOOOOOOOOOOM!!! -2nd Cop- "Word"
Old 11-15-2008, 01:40 PM
surfcity40

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by HDPDZO6
Why? PBA cards are a dime a dozen. I'll use other considerations when deciding whether to cite or not.
quit bragging. we get it...you're a cop...
Old 11-15-2008, 01:41 PM
HDPDZO6

Originally Posted by surfcity40
quit bragging. we get it...you're a cop...
Not bragging at all. But it is quite funny reading about people who get tickets, even after showing a PBA card, like it's some magical thing that absolves everything.
Old 11-15-2008, 01:58 PM
Flick Montana

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Who brags about being a cop?

Hey, I'm in an underpaid, understaffed and nearly unappreciated job where I put my life on the line for about as much money as a high school kid working summers. I spend my day dealing with losers and lowlifes and pulling over people who get angry because I caught them breaking the law. Did I mention my job has one of the highest suicide rates in the country? Pretty sweet deal, huh?

My aunt worked for the police force in Indy and I knew a lot of great cops. If you really want to get out of a ticket, be professional and honest. If you know what you were doing wrong, treat the cop as an enforcer, not the person who MADE the speed limit, and just man up to doing the wrong thing you're more likely to get a warning. If you act ignorant of what you did and say the cop pulled you over because he is biased against your car, you just look like a moron.

On the other hand, there are always cops who think they are big men just because of the job and act hard for no reason. I knew some of those, too. The State police were mostly ex-military and they didn't take crap from anyone they pulled over.

That having been said, I don't personally feel like they have a bias against my car. Statistically, they may ticket more cars like ours simply because people are more apt to drive them recklessly. I don't do more than 5 over the speed limit, 0 over if it is a school zone, and I have never once been cited for speeding.
Old 11-15-2008, 02:15 PM
KenTuckyZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys.

I think it depends on where you live. Obviously in L.A. there are bigger fish to fry than a z car. I used to live in Long Beach btw.

IMHO..., I feel like the z catches attention. Why would it not. Its a marvelous machine. If you keep getting pulled over. Chances are that YOU, yourself are the problem Not the car. Does the car make you suspect?
You damn right it does. All Officials know that if you aren't speeding right this second. You probably just were or will be.

Maybe they're watching you waiting to catch you screw up.
Think about it like that and you should be fine.

Your head should all but be on a swivel anyway as to protect your investment. If you can't see the officials staking you out, get a fuzz buster.

Windows tinted? I don't think any officer looks for dark windows. I think they pull you over for something else and you get cocky with them and they hand you the razor knife and set you to scraping to keep from acquiring another charge.

Slow your roll and use your head and your paranoia will slowly but surely go away as you eventually learn how to handle your whip.

EDIT: It's always good to see gear head cops. Sometimes they just dig your ride and want to shoot the breeze. In personal experience they don't use the lights for this. hint hint.

Last edited by KenTuckyZ; 11-15-2008 at 02:18 PM.
Old 11-15-2008, 02:24 PM
surfcity40

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Flick Montana
Who brags about being a cop?
I cut the post to save bandwidth. so I could say "waaaaaa".
Old 11-15-2008, 02:29 PM
A.H

Answer is Yes. I alwasy get pulled over for no front plate
Old 11-15-2008, 02:50 PM
Steve-O Z33

They always tailgate me. Recently, there is a cut out place in the woods on the highway that I travel frequently. Usually, a police charger sits there. Well, every time I go by, the cop inside pulls out in front of anyone in the left lane and flies past me at over 100, then turns around to go back up the highway. I think he's messing with me. I used to get pulled a lot more in my eclipse. They'd pull me b/c my lights weren't bright enough or they were too bright, etc. They made up reasons to pull me over. Not in the Z. They just target me now and hope that I'll mess up with them 2" off my ***.
Old 11-15-2008, 03:25 PM
JZurita

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kneedragger81
LOLOL, so true, so true
Old 11-15-2008, 03:37 PM
black3.5z

I agree it does draw alot of attention especially in my city there are only about 8 350z's here with a population of 100,000 first thing ppl think is drugs when they see the car. I have never been pulled over yet but i have hit road blocks and have had only good comments from cops about it.
Old 11-15-2008, 05:52 PM
moflow

Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts

I've daily driven my car for 2 plus years. I'm 26 but could pass for 18 and i've NEVER been pulled over in the Z.

I've been pulled over once in my entire life and that was in my POS looking 88' Celica (turbo AWD btw.)

I think if you keep the douchey driving to a minimum cops have more important things to do. Of course it could also be that i dont LOOK like a douche either. I know if i were a cop i'd want to pull over anyone who looked like a cokey douchebag teenager/20 something.
Old 11-15-2008, 05:54 PM
moflow

Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HDPDZO6
such as?

I'm S.O.L in the cleavage department.
Old 11-15-2008, 07:11 PM
Firebase99

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Ive been driving the Z for 2 years and never once have I been pulled over. I havent had a traffic citation in...I cant even remember. *knock on wood*
Old 11-15-2008, 07:20 PM
blktrack350

i had a cop who was 4 cars behind me speed up and pull me over. his reason for pulling me over was that he could tell my car was speeding by the sound of my exhaust.

Quick Reply: does the Z draw alot of police attention