sigh... Z prices are too low.

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 04:15 PM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
another amen!

ultimately though, it is what it is. It wasn't an expensive car to begin with (some of us just made it so!), and as the value falls, it opens it up to the younger crowd. What can ya do. I saw it happen wiht the Datsuns too, and every other affordable performance oriented car. Nevertheless, there is still always that core audience than keeps the enthusiasm alive, even as the tools come around
I followed the Z project since day one from 1999 where they gave Nissan the green light to make the next Z project. The reason I got my 03 preorder Lemans was because of the concept I saw at the auto shows. The day the stealerships got wind of the Z I went the following day and started the process. I have always wanted a z32 but could never find a what I wanted at a reasonable price so I decided to wait for the next Z. The Z crowd specifically the 350z crowd has def changed from days when the car was new and the crowd was more mature. I don't bother with local meets unless it's a meet where you might find some old 260, 280, 300's or National Z conventions. The last meet I went to was a dissapointment even the local Stillen meet was a letdown. The mods and crowd I saw was laughable. Horrible offsets, knockoff wheels, chrome 20's, silly shopping cart spoilers, lambo doors, cheap body kits, painted stock wheels, and a bunch of guys hanging around acting like they better than anyone else. I won't leave nissan or the Z heritage anytime soon even now that my pre-order lemans is at 159k miles I don't see myself parting with it. The 370 is a possibilty but I want what I always wanted a Z33 TT if I can find one or a 280Z will do.............
Old 01-02-2009, 04:25 PM
*Boose*

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ed 718
I followed the Z project since day one from 1999 where they gave Nissan the green light to make the next Z project. The reason I got my 03 preorder Lemans was because of the concept I saw at the auto shows. The day the stealerships got wind of the Z I went the following day and started the process. I have always wanted a z32 but could never find a what I wanted at a reasonable price so I decided to wait for the next Z. The Z crowd specifically the 350z crowd has def changed from days when the car was new and the crowd was more mature. I don't bother with local meets unless it's a meet where you might find some old 260, 280, 300's or National Z conventions. The last meet I went to was a dissapointment even the local Stillen meet was a letdown. The mods and crowd I saw was laughable. Horrible offsets, knockoff wheels, chrome 20's, silly shopping cart spoilers, lambo doors, cheap body kits, painted stock wheels, and a bunch of guys hanging around acting like they better than anyone else. I won't leave nissan or the Z heritage anytime soon even now that my pre-order lemans is at 159k miles I don't see myself parting with it. The 370 is a possibilty but I want what I always wanted a Z33 TT if I can find one or a 280Z will do.............

I'm with you 100%. But there are fewer and fewer clean low mileaged Z32 TT around. You might want to jump on one now.
Old 01-02-2009, 04:55 PM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NoWin
I'm with you 100%. But there are fewer and fewer clean low mileaged Z32 TT around. You might want to jump on one now.
Honestly I want to get a 72 Z exactly what my father had.
Old 01-02-2009, 05:18 PM
shiftdrift06

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_PlYlLaxV38&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_PlYlLaxV38&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Yeah DAMN teenagers.. Ricing out our lovely Z33's.

Who cares if they will be more teenagers driving the Z.
If they end wrecking them, (not that I would wish that upon anyone), more part outs for me
Old 01-02-2009, 05:31 PM
The Almighty JB

hmm i saw your video...i knw from goin to the track wit my 07 Z i end at redline in 4th at the end of the 1/4 mile. i see you did the same. the Z is gonna beat the evo on high end speed although the evo only really needs a boost controller to beat a Z in stock form. the evo is gonna have the drop on you initially because of its AWD launch and such. but yea you'll def catch up to him in the top end.
Old 01-02-2009, 07:19 PM
Abraham

Originally Posted by mcarther101
True, and the Z is not the next civic. The next civic is the next civic. Civic parts are cheap, Z parts are NOT. Single suspension parts can cost several hundreds of dollars to replace.
The Z is the next 240sx. The Z is no longer in production therefore if you own a Z then take care of it. It's just a matter of time till these teen drivers crash there Z's. Sad but true! After a while it's going to be hard to find a Z in good condition. They're gonna be classics.
Old 01-02-2009, 07:34 PM
Abraham

Originally Posted by Chad68
I agree. You can't fit that many Illegals in a 2 seater.
Easy with the racial comments there CHAD. Don't forget this is a mixed ethnic community and remarks like that could be offensive towards others.
Old 01-02-2009, 09:00 PM
Chad68

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Abraham
Easy with the racial comments there CHAD. Don't forget this is a mixed ethnic community and remarks like that could be offensive towards others.
News flash, there is nothing racist about not liking people that live here illegally. Has nothing to do with race but legality and slowly helping turn our country into a 3rd world country, same as where they come from.

I have friends of all races but they are all legal Citizens of this Country pay their taxes, have auto insurance and pay their own medical bills.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:26 PM
Abraham

Originally Posted by Chad68
News flash, there is nothing racist about not liking people that live here illegally. Has nothing to do with race but legality and slowly helping turn our country into a 3rd world country, same as where they come from.

I have friends of all races but they are all legal Citizens of this Country pay their taxes, have auto insurance and pay their own medical bills.
Oh hell, not another "They took our jobs" Speech.

If this country ever turns into a 3rd world country it's not because Illegal Immigrants. Do some research and report back to me with it, untill then keep your uneducated ignorant comments to yourself.

RACE? There is only one Race and that is the human race. The proper and only name is "Ethnic Backround" or "Ethnicity". Again, do your homework.

Auto insurance? I've been hit before from a person that was born and raised in the U.S. and yet had no auto insurance.

But that's enough of that, we're talking about cars here, not about out political beliefs and ingnorance. Let's save these type of discussions for the Politic Forum.

Sorry everyone for hijacking the thread for a minute.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:40 PM
joshuaadude

okay now we're getting a bit off track. the war on immigration is simply just racism with a veil on it. okay, back to the 350z!
Old 01-02-2009, 11:50 PM
spf4000

Very little you can do, considering the early models are now going for 10k or less.
Old 01-03-2009, 12:00 AM
joshuaadude

what?!?!?! thats really flipping cheap! i was looking around on craigslist and i see Zs listed for around 18-23 grand. under 10k? damn.
Old 01-03-2009, 12:02 AM
mclovin.too

Originally Posted by spf4000
Very little you can do, considering the early models are now going for 10k or less.
Good luck on that 10K part.

Salvage, over 100K miles, or messed up for 10k.
Old 01-03-2009, 12:04 AM
DiscoLiveOpera

oh come on people racism is only ok against white people, every one knows that
Old 01-03-2009, 12:09 AM
Abraham

I still say they are going to be the next 240 but then again I had a 240 and loved her to death.

Today I was getting a oil change and the Nissan Dealership in West Covina ( Sorry Performance Nissan, you guys charge waaaaaaay to much for full synthetic), anyhow when I was getting my car back they had two Z's in the back parking lot. Man those things looked like they got repoed from a scene from the F&F and then got pissed on and then got sent to that parking lot. One of them had a hood with a HUGE Scoop on it.

To top it off there where some guys (Not sure on there age but by the way they were standing they looked like douche bags) are standing next a clean Z. The car looked nice except for the crappy rims they had on that thing. I have no idea what brand they were or what type of offset they were going for but the thing looked like garbage. I'm ashamed of the slight curb rash I have on my Racing Harts, I can't imagine having those rims.

Long story short, if you know your car is tastefull then thats all that matters.
Old 01-03-2009, 12:13 AM
Abraham

Originally Posted by mclovin.too
Good luck on that 10K part.

Salvage, over 100K miles, or messed up for 10k.
Craigslist has had some for less the 10K, salvaged of course.

My buddy wanted to get one and found one for 8K. I know his taste and will make that thing look g@y with the huge wing and everything. So I talked him into a G35 instead since he just had a baby.

Sucks to be a G owner!!!! I sent one your way
Old 01-03-2009, 12:17 AM
DiscoLiveOpera

I was at walmart and a riced stang parks a few aisles over and just watches me.. kind of scary.
Old 01-03-2009, 12:21 AM
Abraham

hahaha I know what you mean. I Stangs with chrome everywhere
Old 01-03-2009, 12:29 AM
joshuaadude

a riced mustang? how does that work..? i guess those things dont exist around my city.
Old 01-03-2009, 12:33 AM
Abraham

Originally Posted by joshuaadude
a riced mustang? how does that work..? i guess those things dont exist around my city.
Your from L.A. right? Yeah that kinda crap you don't see around there. I'm from Rosemead and then moved to Monrovia. Now I'm in the military and stationed at Irwin which is near Barstow. Let me tell you dude, you'll be surprised the kinda **** people do to there car around here. Especially people from Barstow. Dude I've seen a freakin body kit on a Astro Van, and freakin Astro Van. Stay in Temple City man, don't ever leave!!!!!

Quick Reply: sigh... Z prices are too low.