Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Some Questionble Delivery News

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2002, 11:40 PM
roberto350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no offense jz350, but since I was a Jan. 25 order and will receive in Nov. I should hope that you would not get yours before. Why am i the ONLY one REALLY getting screwed. I mean, no my dealer didnt fax late or anything. There is no mix up, Im just so unlucky.
Old 08-27-2002, 12:45 AM
ZISME
Nissan USA

Default Re: Some Questionble Delivery News

Originally posted by Rocketscientist
I just got off the phone with my dealer in Merced, California, (Mr. Fred Kinslow of Razzari Nissan), after asking him the latest on the delivery of my Chrome Silver Touring 350Z. He had previously told me by telecon on 8/5 that my car would be delivered the first week of September. I ordered March 13th.

He now stated that the delivery of all Zs after the initial shipment, have been delayed as Nissan is awaiting some parts at the factory in order to complete assembly. Thus he would expect my car possibly in late September. I told him that we knew of a previous delay of about 20 days (a few weeks ago) and asked if he was referring to that delay. He said no, this was something new.

Has anyone heard of this. Maybe ZISME can answer.

By the way, he gave me the order number a few weeks ago but says he does not have a VIN. I sent him ZISMEs letter regarding the KMD 3210 reports, but he seems to think they at best will only contain the first part of the VIN and leave off the last 6 digits. He said he only gets the complete VIN when the car arrives at the US port. I am certain this is not correct and that ZISME's report is correct.

Rocketscientist

I am going to PM you with vin#....but your car has left the port and I am showing an estimated delivery date of Aug. 27. There has not been any new delays in delivery of these vehicles....true there were some Z's that were supposed to be built in July that ended up getting built in August because of a chip shortage but there are no additional delays being experienced. I am attempting to put some minds at ease here but I am not going to be able to respond to a large number of "Where is my car?" inquiries. I would like to... I'm just buried right now. By the way for BarnicleBoy...I have not disappeared and there is no tidal wave of problems.
Old 08-27-2002, 12:58 AM
wooglin

Sooo soothing...

Thanks a lot ZISME.
Old 08-27-2002, 01:10 AM
SnoopyZ

I ordred in January as well... I got a T order number!
My dealer says I am number 5 on their list... and doesn't really have a clue when I should expect delivery... he says "soon"... ugh. I called NNA and they told me to contact my dealer... think you could help me out Zime.. I know you are swamped... let me know... thanx
Old 08-27-2002, 01:29 AM
rouxeny

The thing that confuses me is this. ZISME obviously can find out info regarding the cars, such as VIN # and delivery date. The data is lying around, waiting to be looked at. However, he's a busy guy and can't go around digging all this info out. My question is, why can't somebody else do it? I mean, there has to be some lackey or intern at Nissan who can spend a day and find out this stuff for us. It's got to be in a computer system somewhere. It would go miles toward improving customer happiness, which at best has been strained at points during the past months.

My proposition is this. Find somebody who can dedicate themselves to this. If nobody is available at Nissan, ask one of us. Silly perhaps, but not impossible. There are no company secrets at risk, no financial data to steal, just VINs and estimated delivery dates. I'm sure there are plenty of people here with the mental ability and emotional interest in doing this chore. Sit that person down at the computer with a blank spreadsheet and let them at it. Many smiles I'm sure will follow.
Old 08-27-2002, 03:34 AM
ZISME
Nissan USA

Default Order info (long)

Originally posted by rouxeny
The thing that confuses me is this. ZISME obviously can find out info regarding the cars, such as VIN # and delivery date. The data is lying around, waiting to be looked at. However, he's a busy guy and can't go around digging all this info out. My question is, why can't somebody else do it? I mean, there has to be some lackey or intern at Nissan who can spend a day and find out this stuff for us. It's got to be in a computer system somewhere. It would go miles toward improving customer happiness, which at best has been strained at points during the past months.

My proposition is this. Find somebody who can dedicate themselves to this. If nobody is available at Nissan, ask one of us. Silly perhaps, but not impossible. There are no company secrets at risk, no financial data to steal, just VINs and estimated delivery dates. I'm sure there are plenty of people here with the mental ability and emotional interest in doing this chore. Sit that person down at the computer with a blank spreadsheet and let them at it. Many smiles I'm sure will follow.
Not as easy as you make it sound. Very rarely have I provided information regarding an order that it wasn't followed with "What do you mean (insert month)? How can that be, I ordered before this guy? My dealer told me this when I ordered...someone is lying. How many Z's can the factory build in a month? How does the factory decide what gets built and when? How long does it take the boat to arrive? How long do cars sit at the port? Etc...Etc...Etc... Most of these questions are followed by "Nissan is screwing me" or something to that effect. So you can see it is not as simple as your car will be built in Sept. and estimated to be delivered in November. Some of these questions have been asked and answered...some questions won't be answered. I'm sorry but it just is not possible to communicate decisions that get made at our plants and our ports. Now I know everyone wants their car today...I would too, but the units involved in this program have always been scheduled to arrive between August and November. I will try to give people who ask some info...you can PM me...understand it may take a while to get a response. Also understand that there is no magical report I'm looking at. The two reports I reference can be printed at the dealership everyday (KMD3210-R2 "Production Ordering Detail Report" & KMD3210-R3 "Customer Orders Report"). The dealer, due to the relatively small number of orders he has, is better equipped to communicate with his pre-sell customers. So, what is on these reports?
Before vin# is assigned - Build mth./Est. delivery mth
(this info is available for all pre-sell orders now)
After vin# is assigned - Report updates - vin#/day of the
mth. vehicle is est. to arrive.
These are still estimates but will not vary greatly after the vin # is assigned. Vin #'s are in our system a couple of days after the ship leaves the port in Japan. So for example if your vehicle is estimated to be built in September a vin # will not be available until after it is built and leaves the port in Japan. I am sorry that all dealers have not taken the initative to contact customers with the information available now... I do not know why they haven't. It certainly isn't an excuse, but they have never had customers asking them for delivery details on a car that has just been released. Usually the cars show up they sell them. A lot of dealers are doing the right thing and we can't lose sight of that. Now please also understand that a dealer will not be able to tell you why your car is not coming sooner or how someone that ordered after you is getting their car first. They can tell you when it is going to be built and when it should be delivered. They also do not have any say in decisions made at our plants or ports. I will continue to try and help where I can and I realize everyone is anxious to receive their Z. Believe me... there is no reason in this world why we wouldn't want to get you your car asap.
Old 08-27-2002, 04:11 AM
Tubbs SF
Charter Member #85

Rocketscientist,
Got a call back from my dealer today. For really the first time today everyone I talked to there was excited about my car. Looks like they have been waiting for a silverstone to come in. Anyways, I got a vin early august (which according to zisme should mean the car was on its way to cali), and had an estimated arrival date of sept 2nd. I was informed today that the car has been pushed back a week, due to some delays. Could not be told the nature of the delay. I am wondering why my car would be delayed once the car was already on its way. Not to spread conspiracy theories, just seems funny. I know the reasons for the delays are different, just wanted to let you know that others are also waiting, and feeling a similar anxiety. Good luck on getting your car, I know its getting tougher to wait as others have started getting their automobiles.

Cheers,
Tubbs
Old 08-27-2002, 04:28 AM
NSANY
Charter Member #52

ZISME:

I PM'd you my details, but in case you check here first...
Knowing that the VINs are populated only after the boat leaves Japan, and that it takes those boats about five weeks to get to NYC, wouldn't you say it's unusual that I have a July build date, a September delivery date, and no VIN yet?

Seems like it would be impossible to build the car and get it here by the listed date...

I realize that I am by no means unique, but I definitely view my situation as one that has potential to be one of those "hey, that's weird" type of things if it doesn't get addressed soon.

Also, I appreciate your candor about the mood of your average customer thus far. I think the wait is getting the best of all of us (myself included). I sympathize with your plight and realize that it must not be fun getting email after email of people wanting heads to roll that they haven't gotten their car yet. I used to work on an IT helpdesk, and know what it's like to have a person ***** you out every time you pick up the phone.

I'll be the first person to dish out the kudos to the guy who can help me figure out the puzzle of my Z dates.

Thanks.
Old 08-29-2002, 06:10 PM
Todd

I have the same question. My dealer says mid-Sept. for delivery, but still supposedly can't get a VIN, nor do they seem to know when it was built, which it would had to of if it is going to arrive by then. I did manage to get an order number out of them, but that's all. Therefore, if my car is due in in 2-3 weeks, should my VIN number definately be available? If so, I'm a bit concerned as to whether they know what they're talking about.

Thanks for your help though ZISME! You don't have to come on here at all and have to put up with a bunch of crap, but we're glad you do.
Old 08-30-2002, 10:16 AM
Todd

Well, my dealer just called and gave me my VIN, but delivery has slipped from mid-Sept. to early-Oct....