Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

BE WARNED!!! TheBlackPearlZ is a fraud and scammer!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 10:45 PM
pacheco310

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i say off with TheBlackPearlZ head if found guilty.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:53 PM
pacheco310

if you did do it though, it is people like you give us (service members) a bad name. So much for the 7 army values huh?
Old 01-12-2009, 11:10 PM
Gag83

IMO everyone that is part of this situation should have some patience, i would wait a few days unless immediate action is required.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:18 PM
ian350zdon

Originally Posted by TheBlackPearlZ
just talked to paypal. if you were "scammed" by "me" you are getting your funds released in the next few days if not by tomorrow to you. i will then keep a negative balance with paypal and will owe them...however, my bank is aware of all this and thought the activity was suspicious too...i got off the phone with them and they are going to pay paypal back for the fraud through the fraud protection. thats it.
Everyone I call a Big BS on this guy!! My uncle is the Cyber crimes unit, they deal with this kind of crap. He says that cops dont deal with these kind of crap and it doesn't less than a month for the law enforcement to jump in, it takes them months and months. Plus the first thing that will happen is that they will send an investigator to the scammers house not cops... then collect evidence then take it to the DA for review. After they decide either to go for it and get an arrest warrant or tell the victim to take it to civil case court, or something like that. But cops will never show up first to investigate its the investigator, unless the victim actually goes to the scammers house and take cops with him. My point, dont believe BlackPearl. He is just trying to buy time!!
Old 01-13-2009, 12:04 AM
NSN350Z

Originally Posted by Kirk Lazarus
No, I believe you were talking down to a girl on the forum who is well known in the FI and forum community, who also happens to be a friend.

Yes, I've helped many, many people on this forum from small, simple things to thorough How-To's. Many people here know me, not only as a helper, but as a friend.

If you leave... I'm not sure anyone will care. Prove me wrong.

I never attempt to be funny. I'm a very serious person.
um...i dont really care if people on this site "care about me" because I dont have online friends, which im guessing 98 percent of yours are. i just use this site for car info, to get ideas for my car, for the a/g section, and the off topic... not here to make pen pals with everyone. If i see them in real life, then sure I will have personal conversations and more "friends" on here, but I dont see that happening (unless i happen to see them at a car show). Only people on this site i hang out with is my local z and g people, and a few other people ive met in meets. so its not really gonna matter if people on a website "care about me". So please stop saying people wont miss me... cause I dont expect them to or care honestly. and thats great youve contributed so much... wtf???

and i think you can stop talking now, cause youve impressed her mr. popular *thumbs up!*, and its not like I was being a dick for no reason, if you read her comments it looks as though she is supporting the scammer and defending him.

Last edited by NSN350Z; 01-13-2009 at 12:36 AM.
Old 01-13-2009, 01:30 AM
jadaniya
Banned

When i got scammed by Bruce Anderson not too long ago he did a lot of the same things BlackPearl is doing now.

(1) he played dumb, with an attitude that screams "IDK whats going on, none of this is my fault. I'm just a dumb POS who is a victim as well."

(2) Stalled for time.

(3) Didn't answer the SIMPLEST fact based questions that anyone could check, or that would help relieve the distress of the situation. (Note to scammer: you just seem more an more guilty the longer you totally disregard the numerous requests for a police report number. People know you are not blind and DO find it weird when you can't answer a simple question.)

(4) Gets increasingly defensive as a "reaction" to posts that bash him, when all he needs to do is post a small tidbit of info to validate at least temporarily, his genuine honest nature.

NOTE to Scammer: When there are multiple people scrutinizing your fabricated story you should expect to get stuck. I don't blame you, its impossible to make up a police report number w/o you being further exposed as a complete ***. Its also hard to defend yourself when your story keeps on getting holes poked through it.

NOTE to the seemingly dense friend:

Some of your "possibilities" really are plausible.

However, some of your proposed potential circumstances for your friend make you seem like either a complete dumb **** or some how aligned with the scam.

Isn't it convenient that the first possible situation presented in which your friend could be innocent is the one he chose to defend himself with (computer based ID theft), and was also presented to us by none other than YOU.

You defend his odd, suspicious, and downright shady behavior so many times in a row that your one proposition of a potential circumstance turns into a string of highly uncommon and totally factually unsupported events.

Its easy to follow the thread and say "Hey maybe A doesn't seem as bad as we thought because of B." But you go through the whole alphabet. And theres no way someone is unfortunate enough or completely clueless enough to let all of these things happen to him/her.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:42 AM
bstansbu

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been comparing typing style from the so called real Alex (guy who has responded to this thread) and the PM messages from the actual scammer (guy who stole Alex info) and I see lots of similarities. Notice both writers hardly ever capitalize at the begginning of sentences. Notice how both writers never capitalize the use of I but use i. Also the lack of punctuation like Dont, im, ill, hadnt, etc etc. Also, I show only 3 examples here of transposing letters at the end words but there were more, just to lazy to add more. (Out,About,Know) I have bolded all the similarities from both authors. I know this doesnt really prove anything but it is strange.

Here is a small piece from the OP getting scammed by the real scammer.

"ya he was wondering why you hadnt gotten them yet. i told him i shipped them and he kept saying...did you ship them cuz he hasnt gotten them. but ill get those back otu today. thanks. [/quote] 1-1-09

[/quote]i apologized to you as sincerely as i could. you want to be a d!ck now abotu this fine. theres nothing i could do about me giving them the wrong address. it was an honest mistake. give me a break. i gave it to them wrong paypal wasnt wrong. but if your gonna be a ***** about this then we can both be. [/quote] 1-1-09 "

Text from the current real Alex-
"long story...transferred money from my paypal to my bank account. then he logged on my bank account and wire transferred the money to some other account before it even hit my bank account. he had the passwords to everything. he planned this from the beginning.

"just trying to answer questions best i can."

"did he get you? i need to knwo who all was told i was going to sell them something...? "

"i dont use my paypal email. im not defending myself either. i can give two ****s less about anyone on here anymore. ive known most of you for months. and become friends with you. most of you know me personally and know i wouldnt do this ****. i lost a LOT of money in the last week from some **** who wanted my money more then i did apparently."

Last edited by bstansbu; 01-13-2009 at 04:00 AM.
Old 01-13-2009, 03:32 AM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^ Oh wow, Subscribed for the final results......
Old 01-13-2009, 03:54 AM
badkarma85

Very astute, bstanbu.
Old 01-13-2009, 03:56 AM
JAM3Z
Phenom

So has anyone gotten their money back yet?
Old 01-13-2009, 04:06 AM
Barnabas
National Z Club President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow I responded to his post about internals for my engine build... So much for new in box.
Thank GOD I didn't go through with it I'm breathing a HUGE sigh of relief.
Old 01-13-2009, 04:06 AM
ZU L8R
Viper Sellout

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You guys that are calling and dealing with paypal are wasting your time!!! Call your bank or CC company. Let them deal with paypal, they will fight for their customer
Old 01-13-2009, 04:18 AM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

OP, I hope you get your money back. If not make this a-hole pay! Smells like a bunch of BS stall tactics to me. Scammers always like stalling and making up sob stories to make people feel pity for them.

I can't believe that some people are trying to defend BlackPearlZ or simulate possible scenarios. If theBlackPearlZ has any type of proof of foul play, I am sure he would have communicated this information to all parties involved. Up until this point, I have not seen any conscience effort from the scammer or any proof stating otherwise. All of the evidence presented so far has pointed in theBlackPearlZ being a scammer. His story has so many loop holes and does not make much sense. The IP address, lack of a case number, order of events, communication style, etc. do not convey any type of foul play except by theBlackPearlZ.

It sounds like he is possibly trying to make good now (highly unlikely) by refunding some money since he got caught red handed and did not realize the power of the internet. The shipment was initially stalled to buy time. Once the thread was made he did not initially respond because he was trying to think of a somewhat believable story to get himself out of the hot seat. Once his loop holes were questioned, he got upset out of sheer frustration that his story did not add up. LOL!

Just because someone has had positive transactions in the past does not mean they are not capable of scamming in the future. People are capable of crazy things when economic hardship and desperation are presented. Add in his age of 22 and crazy spending habits and you have a ticking time bomb. Look at the news and crazy shows like the First 48 to see what people do when they are desperate. I am sure many of us have been shocked by the actions of people we thought we "knew" at one point or another. A one year relationship is nothing especially if it is a cyber relationship. There is no point in throwing in possible fairy tales based on a skewed perception and sympathy just because a similar experience was "shared". I guess idiots stick together, do not know any better, and/or get fired from their jobs for a reason lol... UN****IN BELIEVABLE.

Last edited by Rickdogg; 01-13-2009 at 05:20 AM.
Old 01-13-2009, 04:56 AM
350z-Jim

OP I am sorry to hear about this crap. I know what its like waiting to buy new wheels and then to find out some dickwad is ripping you off sucks hard. That blackpearl guy is totally a fraudster. None of that adds up, cops don't investigate fraud like that, and I'm a manager at a HUGE financial institution branch and if somebody is frauded the bank covers it 100%. How else do we keep people using online and electronic services (which we make a lot of money off) if everybody was afraid of fraud? So we pay some fraud, it's a cost of doing business.

There is no way the bank WOULD EVER say its paypal's problem. Their electronic banking center would be notified and fraud analysis team would take the case and cover the claim. It's pretty simple.

He is flat out lying, period. Police officers on here say they would not deal with the case like that, a guy whos uncle works with the Fraud Squad said they would not handle it like this, and a guy who works at a bank (me) said the bank wouldnt' handle it like this. SO why all the excuses and statements saying all these departments are handling it like this? Because he is lying about the situation and obviously doesn't know what the proper procedure is. If this was really happening he would be providing huge amounts of proof to back his story.

Lets see a photo of your police report at least? Contact info from your bank rep? Paypal rep working on this? Police officers name? Blah blah. You will never see any of this, why? Because it simply doesn't exist.

I hope you get your money back OP and Blackpearlz gets his ***** chopped off.
Old 01-13-2009, 05:07 AM
psychoballistic

Well time to stop payment on the cc's and let the banks go to work.
Old 01-13-2009, 05:16 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Originally Posted by TheBlackPearlZ
because they told me to call and theyd come back if any more instances occurred today. its been an on going thing all day.

its not just my350. its lotustalk. its music forums. ebay. and a few others...some ppl 200 some ppl 2500. some ppl 5k.

i have no idea whats going on til today when i got back to school on my own computer and started checking my emails.

It's kinda funny how you mention the other forums once someone else does. I seriously DOUBT that is someone else and it is you as the scammer since you have yet to give us a police report #, etc. You sir are trying to put people off like it is something else. You have a history of scamming people and will go to jail.
Old 01-13-2009, 05:19 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Originally Posted by coolblue830
The same IP thing is one of the main fishy things... even if someone walked in your room and straight up jacked your computer, he's not going to be loggin on with the same IP. Unless you normally connect via wireless and he's logging in from the bushes outside your window.

And again, how exactly did he get routing information for the wire transfer??? He'd need physical access to your checks or something. This isn't info that you can find even if you manage to hack into someone's online banking account site.
Wrong. The same IP to the internet is shared by however many computers are on that network. Remember you only have one IP going out to the internet and many internal IPs for the computers. The forum only see's the external internet IP.
Old 01-13-2009, 05:32 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

If he is so tight on money why is he wanting to buy some expensive Carbon Fiber stuff?

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f95/...4/#post1187251
Old 01-13-2009, 05:35 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

He is also still trying to sell the Volks LE37s.

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f95/...2/#post1187044

Quick Reply: BE WARNED!!! TheBlackPearlZ is a fraud and scammer!!!