Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Why'd you choose the 350Z over the G35 coupe?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 08:07 PM
Motionblurrr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why'd you choose the 350Z over the G35 coupe?

Sup you guys

I'm in the market to get a used 350Z or G35 coupe and I just needed some opinions.

Why did you choose to get a 350Z over a G35 coupe? From my understanding the interior on the G is better? It also seats 4 people rather than just two which can be debatable depending on your lifestyle (kids, wife, big family, etc)

I'm coming from a Lexus IS300--I love this car but I think it's time to part our ways since I want something more powerful, more sporty and less sedan/boxy looking. I'm torn between the two cars. I love how they both look, sound, ride, etc. I've yet to sit in a 350Z but is the interior THAT bad or is it a huge exaggeration? I mean I understand that some people want interiors made from starving children in Africa with elephant tusks and mythical adhesives from hidden tribes and all that ****, but is it seriously that big of an issue?

I know the G35 coupe has rattles up the *** but the 350Z's doesn't right?

I've grown to like the Nissan/Infiniti brand since I used to own a Maxima and an Infiniti QX4 at one point. People think I'm crazy/retarded that I want to go from a Lexus to a Nissan which makes absolutely no sense since Lexus is just a Toyota in a suit as Infiniti is to Nissan

I just need Z owners insights on why they chose a 350Z over a G35 coupe since they're relatively the same car with some minor differences and they came out around the same time.

thank you guys hopefully i'll join you guys with a Z or G soon
Old 02-02-2009, 08:09 PM
dsmZ

Z because G doesnt have a drop

the G seems genered towards a different group than the Z... just depends on which category you fall into. since you had an IS, you seem like a G man
Old 02-02-2009, 08:20 PM
Gag83

Z looks better than a G imo
Old 02-02-2009, 08:22 PM
Willz350

I drove a G35 coupe right before I got my Z. I hated the interior. It looked like some old persons dash that they tried to put in a sports car. I wanted a sports car and the G35 wasn't it.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:28 PM
350Zin'L.A.

Z>G
2 seats is the way to go, a couple of my friends prefer the G, and the only reason why is because they cant drive alot of people... WORST REASON
AND the Z look so much sexier
Old 02-02-2009, 08:36 PM
SuperBlack350z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

2 seater, sportier, fender flares, more raw sports car
Old 02-02-2009, 08:38 PM
kham25

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I chose the Z because its a hell off alot Cheaper than the G Coupe... Price was my main concern then ..Its a Z forum dude what do you think people will say here? 350z has rattles up the *** as well...Interior is honestly not that bad on the 07 IMO.I think nissan did a great job actually.
I have an 2001 IS300 as well great ****ing car but slow as fock.Ive done alot off mods on that damn car...
BTW Resale value blows on Z man something else to look out for.. I would have saved a little more and bought a G37 Coupe if i could do it all over again..
Old 02-02-2009, 08:40 PM
kyx4n

personally i think the Z looks much better.
The interior is up to personal taste.
G is supposedly more comfy/luxurious. I have only driven the Z, and stock suspension it still is pretty good.

i find 2 seater a good thing. No children so no worries yet.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:44 PM
r0csfinest

Originally Posted by kham25
Its a Z forum dude what do you think people will say here?
a lot of G members are on here too
Old 02-02-2009, 08:45 PM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I wanted a sportier car.

However, now I would like some luxury and space, so G's are appealing.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:48 PM
kham25

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by r0csfinest
a lot of G members are on here too
True but not in this section reading this thread rite now
Old 02-02-2009, 08:53 PM
rhynesimpson

I've had both.

In my opinion, the G35 is better in almost all ways..except, it's heavier and less sporty. Interior wise, the G is a lot better...rattles a lot less than the Z and just feels nicer. A sunroof aswell. But, it's just whatever you're looking for. After a while, my Z got old. Two seats, wasn't for me.

It just depends on what you're wanting.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:22 PM
r0csfinest

Originally Posted by kham25
True but not in this section reading this thread rite now
I was a former G owner so i guess i dont count lol
Old 02-02-2009, 09:26 PM
4alarm350Z

Basically all up to you, i dont really care about luxury so i bought a Z but my brother-in-law went from driving an IS300 to a G35 and he seems to love that car alot more. I drove the IS and i think the Z is alot more fun to drive, its also alot easy to work on for me anyways, changing the oil on the IS is sucked.
Old 02-02-2009, 10:16 PM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Motionblurrr
I just need Z owners insights on why they chose a 350Z over a G35 coupe since they're relatively the same car with some minor differences and they came out around the same time.
The overall sportscar appeal I guess. There is a real enthusiast following and lineage that is timeless. Cars get outdated, but something fun will be always have a purpose.

It was also easy to mod/personalize or what have you. Not saying the G doesn't have an aftermarket, but the Z seemed like more of blank canvas as far as what you wanted to do with it (race,auto-x, road-car, show car...cruiser whatever). It also had one of the fastest growing aftermarkets I've ever seen.

As far as the G35 coupe:
After the whole "hotness" or "new car appeal" fades away, the prestige of having a luxury Japanese car kind of goes with it.If I really wanted a luxury car I would have crossed over to a bmw or benz. I don't remember the last time I drooled over an old Lexus or Infiniti unless it was completely done up. To me, Japanese luxury cars don't age too well

Many will disagree but that's why I "chose a 350Z over a G35 ".
Old 02-02-2009, 10:37 PM
r0csfinest

Originally Posted by 35oZephyR
The overall sportscar appeal I guess. There is a real enthusiast following and lineage that is timeless. Cars get outdated, but something fun will be always have a purpose.

It was also easy to mod/personalize or what have you. Not saying the G doesn't have an aftermarket, but the Z seemed like more of blank canvas as far as what you wanted to do with it (race,auto-x, road-car, show car...cruiser whatever). It also had one of the fastest growing aftermarkets I've ever seen.

As far as the G35 coupe:
After the whole "hotness" or "new car appeal" fades away, the prestige of having a luxury Japanese car kind of goes with it.If I really wanted a luxury car I would have crossed over to a bmw or benz. I don't remember the last time I drooled over an old Lexus or Infiniti unless it was completely done up. To me, Japanese luxury cars don't age too well

Many will disagree but that's why I "chose a 350Z over a G35 ".
how you figure? they all use the same parts basically
Old 02-02-2009, 10:52 PM
gastoneii

It's all about taste, take the Z take it to the twisties and carve some canyon roads then take it on the freeway. After that take a G out and drive the same roads. compare what u want and what u need just like selecting which model u want.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:05 PM
whitelightnin

Originally Posted by SuperBlack350z
2 seater, sportier, fender flares, more raw sports car
Old 02-03-2009, 01:20 AM
GHOST1207

-Z weighs less, so better power to weight ratio
-Always had a taste for the Z styling since the 240Z, don't get me wrong, Gs are sexy too, but doesn't have the agressive styling cues.
-Didn't care for a "nicer" interior, personally the Z has everything I need and want in an interior, except for a glove box.
-Vq35HR, nuff said, best to my knowledge, only the newer 07 and 08 G35 sedans has it, not the coupe (someone correct me if I'm wrong).
-Less weight, more nimble around corners.
-No need for rear seats, so you have an excuse to tell that one weird annoying person we all know that he or she can't ride with you and your bro or friend.
-Z has a nice round fat rear end, I'm an *** man.

That's all I can think of at the moment.
Old 02-03-2009, 03:39 AM
KManZ
Banned

Originally Posted by Willz350
I drove a G35 coupe right before I got my Z. I hated the interior. It looked like some old persons dash that they tried to put in a sports car. I wanted a sports car and the G35 wasn't it.
+1 here. I was inches from buying the G35, but the interior didn't get me off like I thought it would. In many aspects I think the G looks better than the Z, but the Z just has "IT", an intangible quality that the G lacks. I guess that's why I have been attached to the Z since I first saw it back in '02.

And the G never came in Daytona Blue

Quick Reply: Why'd you choose the 350Z over the G35 coupe?