I got lucky with the cops today

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2003, 10:51 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts
Default I got lucky with the cops today

I was on the fwy and everyone in the slower lanes were slow and boxed in. I decided to jump on it a little to get around them to get off the freeway. As soon as I increased my speed, I see a cop pull out behind me (150 yards back) and turn on his flashing lights. I quickly got in the slower lane and he did too. As I was exiting the fwy, I noticed he was as well. At this point i am thinking of how much is this one going to cost me.

Luck being with me today, a car just before the exit is broken down and waves the cop over. I can see this happening as i am wating at the offramp stoplight and praying for it to turn green so i can get out of there.

The cop spoke to the drive of the car for a minute or so, then, just as my light turns green for me, the cop turns back on his lights and comes my direction. I proceeded to drive off, noticing him far behind me but still appearing to follow me.

I turned into a shopping mall, zig zagged and basically got lost and exited another exit. He never found me (assuming he was looking for me but i am not sure if he was or not).

Close call! I guess I need a Valintine1. Actually, i was not going really fast but i think the accelleration caught his attention as well as it being a sports car. In my lifetime, I seem to be a little unlucky with tickets. I actually got a moving violation one time and was not even driving. That story would fill up another thread!
Old 09-07-2003, 11:30 PM
louisbs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay, I'll bite...
HOW did you get that violation???
Old 09-07-2003, 11:47 PM
joust75

I have been pulled over twice in the Z once for running a red light(took to long to change) No tickets yet. LOL They just ask how I like my car and tell me to drive safe!

But hey Zland the valentine wont protect you from CHP.Just keep an eye on those mirrors. Slow down at overpasses and on ramps and at night count the headlights in your mirror.
I have a Passport SR hardwired and it has saved me from SDPD and the Sherrif though!
Old 09-08-2003, 12:21 AM
kaiser23

Awe man. I was hoping to read some story about an orgy you had with 2 female police officers when they.....erm.....nevermind. *sigh*

Too late. Must sleep.
Old 09-08-2003, 01:54 AM
ThoughtZ

i got pulled over at 4 am on a sunday once going 120 by a traffic cop. god knows i was chopping up my license for him but he was cool as hell and told me to slow the hell down. alos asked if i had any prior tickets and lucky me my only one is for my 5% window tint so he chuckled at that and let me go on a warning. in florida thats a $280 ticket and license revocation. it was a 55 mph zone
Old 09-08-2003, 03:53 AM
Jetpilot718

Thursday night, me and a friend are out cruising (he has a G20), and he decided it would be a good idea to do a full launch at a light next to me, so I let him get ahead and then pass him - the playing with your food before you eat it theory.

Well, sure enough, blue lights like 8 blocks later. We're pulled over for street racing. It was this point in time that I realized my life was over, and all I did was ask the cop to be kind as this was most likely an act of spontaneous incompitence.

To my surprise, he let both of us go. No ticket. No warning. Have a nice day.

Needless to say, that night was my last night street racing. You get off for free on somethin like that, you will never get off for anything again!

ciao!
Old 09-08-2003, 10:20 AM
Fresh

i got a ticket few days ago just for keeping up with traffic. I just happened to be in the back of the pack, altho the truck in front of me was doing 70 in a 40. I got caught doing 54 in a 40. Is teh gay, but the cop didnt have his head up his ***, he quickly filled out the ticket and let me go.
Old 09-08-2003, 10:31 AM
Zulu

I'll just say that working for the government and carrying a badge has its benefits. Pulled over 7 times since delivery(most of them speeding - go figure!) and 0 tickets...
Old 09-08-2003, 10:45 AM
iris

Like Joust said, a Valentine only protects you if the cop is running the radar. You can be speeding along and run right up onto a cop either already pulled over on the side, or else just not running it. (The first (and only) time I did this, I did what you did: I exited immediately w/o waiting to see whether he was following me and took funky surface streets to where I was going. My story's not as good as yours though - you sounded like you REALLY lost him; I'm not sure if he even came after me).

The Valentine has worked for me taking long-distance trips over big interstates though, so it was still worth it. And I still run it on the freeways, but I just keep my eyes open as well.
Old 09-08-2003, 11:11 AM
jj1814

I was in school in Louisiana, and had to go to Monroe to pick up my friend from the airport one night. Once you get inside city limits, the speed limit drops drastically, but I was late, and couldnt afford to do the limit at this point.

I saw a cop had pulled someone over, and didn't slow down since he was already out of the car.

Well, the next thing I knew, I saw the cop car in the distance behind me...on the highway with flashing lights. I thought 'oh ****' and sped it up since I was like a mile from my exit. I could not afford any more tickets! This would have been my 3rd one. My parents would have had my @$$ (I was 19 at the time).

So like I was sayin..i sped to my exit ramp, and once I got on it, I turned off all my lights - headlights and parking lights - until I needed to make the turn where I would not be seen from the highway. I know people thought I was crazy, but hell.

I got the airport a few minutes late, and on our way back to school, there was a roadblock! That's when I told my friend "They may be looking for me" LoL

But I was not stopped and we headed back to school without incident.