2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Gray Davis' CA car tax increase and a new Z

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2003, 11:31 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

You guys amaze me. They have got you right were they want you. You expect to be taxed and no matter how high it is you just accept it.
Old 09-16-2003, 11:50 AM
nbdyfcnsqnc
350Z-holic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

>> You guys amaze me. They have got you right were they want you. You expect to be taxed and no matter how high it is you just accept it.

Totally. Like lots of CA politicians, certain people in this thread have lost touch with reality.
Old 09-16-2003, 02:39 PM
djbit

Okay, so your asking me not to pay my registration fees because "they have me right where they want me"? Obviously, I have to pay and so does anyone else needing to register their vehicle after Oct 1st. Reality. If this tax gets repelled in the future they will give us our money back but who's to know.

And I just don't agree it's udocumented workers are to blame for the vehicle tax or California's current economic condition.
Old 09-16-2003, 03:04 PM
djbit

Originally posted by nbdyfcnsqnc
First of all, people shouldn't have to work 14 hours 7 days a week, but they do because they need the money. They have a better life here than they'd have in Mexico, and that why they came. If we didn't have all these stupid laws about minimum wage and overtime, people could take these jobs legally and have all the protections that our legal system can provide.

Nobody *deserves* an education. It is *not* an entitlement. It's a RESPONSIBILITY. According to the system we have now, responsible people become valuable members of society and are forced to pay for education whether they want to or not, whether they agree with it or not, and whether it fails or not. When we make education free to people who can't afford it, we make it more expensive for those who could otherwise afford it, and we destroy the system for everyone, including the poor illegal aliens.

Health care is not an entitlement or a right either. When we pay for everyone's health care, as taxpayers now pay for 50% of it, we drive up the price, lessen the amount doctors can make, and it dries up so that it can serve nobody. Farmers wouldn't pay for it; we the people who buy produce would pay for it. But it's not worth that much to pay people without skills. When we set a price to decide what unskilled labor "deserves," we don't magically create more money or social justice... we destroy markets and all the opportunity for people to make money in those markets, from farmers to lettuce pickers.

And don't give me BS about how I hate immigrants, because they ARE this country. My grandfather came here legally, not able to speak English, and he was a fisherman his whole life. I have never had anything but appreciation and respect for him. What I don't like are people who break the law and don't pay taxes, and neither did he. If legal immigration causes the price of lettuce to go up, so be it, but at least it won't destroy our state.

I don't really care if you hate legal or illegal mmigrants or not . They are not to blame for California's tax on your vehicle, which is what this thread is all about.
Old 09-16-2003, 04:05 PM
nbdyfcnsqnc
350Z-holic

>> I don't really care if you hate legal or illegal mmigrants or not . They are not to blame for California's tax on your vehicle, which is what this thread is all about.

Illegal immigrants are not to blame for ANYTHING. That's why it's so fishy that Davis would sign a bill that gives them drivers' licenses in order avoid be recalled. Our politicians are supposed to represent those who vote, not those who are illegal.
Old 09-16-2003, 08:56 PM
djbit

I guess any way you look at it it's complicated...you wonder how we got to this circus act...
Old 09-16-2003, 09:09 PM
nbdyfcnsqnc
350Z-holic

The immediate reason was that Davis (said he) didn't know where all the money was going. The long term reasons are many: entitlements, fake tax-based insurance schemes, errors in budgeting, out of control programs, and high taxes that support and encourage all these things.
Old 09-16-2003, 09:21 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

I do not know about all of you but I simply want to have good schools, safe place to live, good jobs etc... I know all the reasons the government claims we have to be involved with everyone elses business but for me, I am getting tired of being the worlds police force. I feel for other people in other countries (trust me, i travel to a lot of 3rd world countries and live there in poor living situations just as they do when i am there for 2-3 months every year) but I do not see why it has become Americans responsibility and burden to rescue the entire world. No one asked us to do this yet we march in to every situation where we have financial gain at risk and save another group of people. I would love to see those billions of dollars spent to improve our lives, our poor, our infrastructure.

I just spend 2 months in Asia. This is the first time that I really felt an anti-american bias from Europeans and Asians. As a whole, they just do not like what we are doing. We are suposely liberating a supressed people, they see it as a power grab. Trust me, they REALLY see this differently than us. We are spending billions of dollars to save the world from (you fill in the blank) while we are becoming more and more seen as a country many other countries do not respect. Again, that is there perception, I am not saying it is right or wrong but their perception. It seems odd, the more we get involved and spend billions, the more other countries hate us.

Now in Calif., we are faced with trying to help so many people of our country and others. Taxes are going so high, it is over whelming to tax payers, state government, and businesses. We are educating students that are not american citizens yet many american citizens need help from our government but do not recieve it. Can we do it all, help the entire world? Is what is good for american corporations (cheap labor force) good for America? These are real questions and real problems. I am not trying to blame a political party or group of people. We just have to deal with a lot of issues and we need to do it fast. Our state is in crisis and it makes me sick to see both political parties more worried about maintaining or getting power than seving the people of California.

Please dont flame me, these are real problems and as an american that loves our country, I worry about our future and how it will effect our children's lives.

Last edited by zland; 09-16-2003 at 09:33 PM.
Old 09-16-2003, 09:38 PM
ricedoutride

damm that sucks. i'm moving to Texas at the begining of next year. i'm buying a Z in early Nov. anyone from texas ? i was seeing whats the avg. cost out there? thanks.
Old 09-16-2003, 10:59 PM
nbdyfcnsqnc
350Z-holic

>> I would love to see those billions of dollars spent to improve our lives, our poor, our infrastructure.

You know, those billions of dollars could not go to foreign countries against our wills if the federal government followed the Constitution and did not collect it in the first place. I wish people would figure it out.

>> It seems odd, the more we get involved and spend billions, the more other countries hate us.

Nobody out there is making a reasonable analysis of U.S. foreign policy and then coming to the conclusion that they hate us, because hate is not a reasonable conclusion. It is an emotional one. People who hate anything hate themselves first. They are dissatisfied with their own failures and their own governments, but it's much easier to scapegoat the U.S. Scapegoating the M.O. of terrorists, foreign governments, and our own political parties and candidates at home.

>> Our state is in crisis and it makes me sick to see both political parties more worried about maintaining or getting power than serving the people of California.

Davis had plenty of opportunities to serve us, but I don't think we can afford to let the Democratic party serve us much longer. We are watching the next 20 years of politics in this country play out in California.
Old 09-16-2003, 11:50 PM
raceboy
Banned

Originally posted by zland
I do not know about all of you but I simply want to have good schools, safe place to live, good jobs etc... I know all the reasons the government claims we have to be involved with everyone elses business but for me, I am getting tired of being the worlds police force. I feel for other people in other countries (trust me, i travel to a lot of 3rd world countries and live there in poor living situations just as they do when i am there for 2-3 months every year) but I do not see why it has become Americans responsibility and burden to rescue the entire world. No one asked us to do this yet we march in to every situation where we have financial gain at risk and save another group of people. I would love to see those billions of dollars spent to improve our lives, our poor, our infrastructure.

I just spend 2 months in Asia. This is the first time that I really felt an anti-american bias from Europeans and Asians. As a whole, they just do not like what we are doing. We are suposely liberating a supressed people, they see it as a power grab. Trust me, they REALLY see this differently than us. We are spending billions of dollars to save the world from (you fill in the blank) while we are becoming more and more seen as a country many other countries do not respect. Again, that is there perception, I am not saying it is right or wrong but their perception. It seems odd, the more we get involved and spend billions, the more other countries hate us.

Now in Calif., we are faced with trying to help so many people of our country and others. Taxes are going so high, it is over whelming to tax payers, state government, and businesses. We are educating students that are not american citizens yet many american citizens need help from our government but do not recieve it. Can we do it all, help the entire world? Is what is good for american corporations (cheap labor force) good for America? These are real questions and real problems. I am not trying to blame a political party or group of people. We just have to deal with a lot of issues and we need to do it fast. Our state is in crisis and it makes me sick to see both political parties more worried about maintaining or getting power than seving the people of California.

Please dont flame me, these are real problems and as an american that loves our country, I worry about our future and how it will effect our children's lives.
Normally I would never point out a person's spelling or bad grammer. I know I am not perfect, but you are a high school teacher??? That is scary.
Old 09-17-2003, 05:55 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

I was more interested in getting the idea accross rather than proofing spelling. As you know, when typing something of any length on this webpage, you are limited in time.
Old 09-17-2003, 03:00 PM
ZON

That mother ****ing piece of **** Grey Davis has got to be the stupidist piece of ****ing **** that ever was in charge of anything. This ****ing piece of **** and all his ****ing piece of **** supporters and other ****ing democrat mother ****ers in office couln't run a God damned mother ****ing lemonaid stand. You stupid Californians want worse? Vote Bustimonte, what the hell, it's so ****ed up we might as well just give the ****ing thing to ****ing Mexico right now already, ****!!
Old 09-17-2003, 03:11 PM
hfm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Okay, I just paid $687.00 today including a $4 internet payment convenience charge.

In order of reaction to the bill:
Old 09-17-2003, 03:14 PM
ZON

Originally posted by nbdyfcnsqnc
>> I don't really care if you hate legal or illegal mmigrants or not . They are not to blame for California's tax on your vehicle, which is what this thread is all about.

Illegal immigrants are not to blame for ANYTHING. That's why it's so fishy that Davis would sign a bill that gives them drivers' licenses in order avoid be recalled. Our politicians are supposed to represent those who vote, not those who are illegal.
They are not to be blamed to be sure. WE are to be blamed, You, Me, Him & Her. But, If we don't wake up soon this will be quazi Mexico. If I were a poor Mexican you can be sure I would go to the candy place where all the IDIOTS gave me everything for free. I believe this should be our #1 concern/issue.
Old 09-17-2003, 09:02 PM
wmchew

My 04 Roadster won't be in until Oct. 10th so I have to pay around $800 for license. Damn, will miss the old rates by 10 day.... I'm definitely voting Davis out. He got snookered by the energy companies and now we are in the hold for $38 billion. That is what happen when we have a professioal politician without any business experience.
Old 09-18-2003, 02:06 PM
nbdyfcnsqnc
350Z-holic

>> Okay, I just paid $687.00 today including a $4 internet payment convenience charge.

Yeah, isn't that wonderful? They charge you for saving them time!
Old 09-18-2003, 07:50 PM
Mikestro

I'll be the first to admit that CA is ****ing me in the ***, but I am making five times the salary I was making in Florida and I have a great house and a new Pathfinder and a 350Z and we take vacations and I eat out everyday for lunch and have expensive consumer electronics (in case you don't know, if you do the same, you are in the top few percentile of the world). So, compared to a dude I work with that came from Denmark and paid 50% income tax (68% for the highest bracket) I am kicking ***. I highly recommend that those who complain, lobby congress...and if you fail to make progress, try another country. There are nearly 200 to choose from
Old 09-18-2003, 07:52 PM
Mikestro

PS. Long live nbdy. Nbdy for governor!!!!
Old 09-18-2003, 09:02 PM
Dissident

Originally posted by Mikestro
I'll be the first to admit that CA is ****ing me in the ***, but I am making five times the salary I was making in Florida and I have a great house and a new Pathfinder and a 350Z and we take vacations and I eat out everyday for lunch and have expensive consumer electronics (in case you don't know, if you do the same, you are in the top few percentile of the world). So, compared to a dude I work with that came from Denmark and paid 50% income tax (68% for the highest bracket) I am kicking ***. I highly recommend that those who complain, lobby congress...and if you fail to make progress, try another country. There are nearly 200 to choose from
Well, ****! You're paying for lunch at the next Z meet! And, are you hiring? j/k You hiring? lol

BTW, if you're in Vista, you ughta roll up to RB some time for lunch and we can run Highland Valley (as long as you ain't the guy in Vista dating my ex in Vista LOL)

Quick Reply: Gray Davis' CA car tax increase and a new Z