Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Gray Davis' CA car tax increase and a new Z

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2003, 09:23 PM
sifuK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

screw the democrats. OC sales tax is less then LA county sales tax cuz OC is mostly run by Republicans. I had to pay almost 1% more in sales tax and that was like 300 bucks. Because of the stupid Democrats I have to pay more in LA and all the gov does is take my money and give nothing back, just more headaches. DOWN WITH DAVIS AND BUSTADUMMY. VOTE ARNOLD!!!! LET HIM TERMINATE THE DEMOCRAPS!!!!!!!!
Old 09-19-2003, 02:32 PM
djbit

I don't know if Arnold has the brain for the job. All he boasts about is his "After School Program". Please! I kinda dig the green party dude but I feel my vote may not have any impact if I vote for him...
Old 09-19-2003, 03:19 PM
nbdyfcnsqnc
350Z-holic

If you vote for someone in the green party, you will make an impact on everyone you tell that you are a moron.
Old 09-19-2003, 04:11 PM
sifuK

green party?
kind or ironic.
enviornment vs 350z(heavy fuel burning car!)
Old 09-19-2003, 05:34 PM
sifuK

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by zland
Discount my ***** ! This is BS. They are using double talk. Yes, I remember the old rates before the discount. All I am saying is they set it to whatever they want. Actually, if they want to be fair and really try to set a cost to clean up the air then they should charge us by how much we polute. In otherwords, if your car runs clean, then you pay lower licence. Instead they charge by cost of car which is BS IMO. Why should a person that has an old poluting car pay less than someone that has a car poluting 100 time less?

Dont give me that left wing, save the world BS about being poor. The bottom line is this is hatred towards people that educate themselves and work hard to earn more money. I hate this attitute the USA has now about social engineering. How about rewarding people that work hard and are successful? If you read the textbooks they have in school now in HS it is sicking.

Not only am I paying higher taxes but a higher percentage of taxes. I hate those who say we are not paying enough. I am just making a simple wage (I am a teacher) yet I am suppose to pay more! Already I cannot afford to buy in a house where I teach but i guess I am rich and need to pay higher taxes.

Maybe I have less tolerance about those that do not succeed. You see, I know how many chances students that fail get from K-12. Teachers talk to them year after year but you cannot tell them what to do. As you might know, when you are a rteenager, you know everything right. Then later on, after they make poor choices, we are suppose to suport them by paying higher taxes. People do not just fail, they fail over a long period of time. I travel alot. I see how in other countries it is truly hard to get ahead. Look at 1st generation immigrants here. Many are successful yet if you listen to the politically correct, it is impossible for the poor to get ahead...wrong.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. They don't set the rates to "anything they want." It's a depreciation formula that has not changed.

2. The law that stated under what circumstances the offset would be lifted was passed by Pete Wilson, nothing to do with Davis.

3. Who gave you any "left wing crap?" Just stating a fact as to why the rates were going up. Not the lie that people are being fed that Davis himself raised the rates.

4. Your mistake was in becoming a teacher. Don't get pissed at the world for the choices you made. People become teachers because it's the only job where you get a summer off and then they ***** about the low pay. Man, it must be hard for you to teach with the obvious hatred you have towards you students. There are no bad students, just bad teachers.

5. There is a reason why California has a high tax rate; BECAUSE THEY CAN!! It's the most desirable state to live in. Personally, I think it's crowded enough. I'll pay a bit more if it keeps people from moving here! You could always move to Nebraska or Montana you know.

ummm didnt Davis even admit that he was raising the taxes, so its definitely not Pete Wilson. He said himself he was raising the taxes.
Old 09-19-2003, 06:09 PM
fred_richmond

Originally posted by ricedoutride
damm that sucks. i'm moving to Texas at the begining of next year. i'm buying a Z in early Nov. anyone from texas ? i was seeing whats the avg. cost out there? thanks.
I just paid my 2004 registration on the Z today at the Tarrant County (Fort Worth, TX) tax collectors office. Total was $70.80, and I'm again reminded of why I left CA. Bigger issue is the state income tax. 10% in CA vs 0% in TX. CA is a beautiful state, but not that beautiful.

Last edited by fred_richmond; 09-19-2003 at 06:13 PM.
Old 09-19-2003, 08:35 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Based on the difference in lic cost, I think if i was going to buy a Z and move to Texas from California within one month, I would buy it in Texas and save some money.
Old 09-19-2003, 10:14 PM
nbdyfcnsqnc
350Z-holic

Hindsight is always 20/20!
Old 09-25-2003, 08:54 PM
Scafremon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by nbdyfcnsqnc
[B......including a $4 internet payment convenience charge.

Yeah, isn't that wonderful? They charge you for saving them time! [/B]

Boy, you sure can turn a consumer benefit into a negative with just a few simple words!

The $4.00 internet convenience fee is for YOUR convenience, not the state. They still gladly accept payment via the mail system, for a .37c stamp. The $4.00 fee can be very attractive if you don't plan correctly, and just can't get that envelope into the mailbox in time. It then saves you about $70.00 in late fees.
Old 10-13-2003, 01:59 AM
labowbow

I think Warren Buffett is right : RAISE the property tax and use that tax to fund local school.

allowing illegal imigrant to drive is a conspiracy to document all of them so later government can track them down.

just a thought
Old 10-13-2003, 07:38 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Flat tax is the way to go for everything. No tax breaks to the rich or special interests, no free ride for illegal immigrants because everyone is paying all their taxes when they purchase something thus we all pay the same rate. Fair, eliminates special groups, and all politicians hate it because it gets rid of their power to hand out money to special interests groups.
Old 10-13-2003, 03:31 PM
nwind21

Originally posted by labowbow
I think Warren Buffett is right : RAISE the property tax and use that tax to fund local school.

allowing illegal imigrant to drive is a conspiracy to document all of them so later government can track them down.

just a thought
Actually I think Buffet's proposed policy was to tax property based on the properties market value.

Under some state law, property tax only applies to the original purchased value.

Personally taxing on market value will put a LOT of people out of homes.
Old 10-13-2003, 03:44 PM
EL Diablo

All I know is the car fee's in Los Angeles suck. paid almost 900 for my DEMON TRACK 350Z, it was worth it though!
Old 10-14-2003, 12:11 AM
snb3

actually, people are leaving Ca. Minus newborns, More people left Cali than entered (not sure which timeframe the survey was).
Per Wall Street Journal, Cali is the 50th best state to do business. so the tax rate is not just keeping people out, its making businesses leave. IF you listen to the radio, neighboring states even run ads touting tax savings for relocating there as to staying in Cali. As for those who dont mind paying our taxes here, how do you feel abou the gaming tribes that pay no taxes nor have to disclose the winning percentages that Vegas does. The very tribes that back mostly bustamante; to the lesser extent McClintock (attempt to split the republicant vote?)
If you dont think Davis tried to get the latino support, why'd he pass the license bill right before the recall, the bill he veto'd 2x before. Not a flame on illegals or latinos, Latinos voted for Arnold too (if Im not correct, everywhere in Socal but LA) A majority in Cali realizes the current govt in cali (democratic governer, democratic state congress) ran the state into the ground. During Davis's campaign w/ Simon, he underquoted the deficit of the state to mislead the voters on the financial state of the Cali.
as for as conservatives being racists? Has there been a black Sec of state? I believe the democrats fillibustered to prevent a latino from being a supreme court justice recently. Does anybody wonder if democrats are really playing the race card for a power grab?
I wouldnt mind paying higher taxes if it meant some things getting better. But are thing better know w/ 8.25% than they were when we where paying 6%?Tax & spend doesnt work. Im no business or financial buff but I believe a boom occurred after major tax cuts, some by democratic presidents in the last 40 yrs.

There are as many bad students as bad teachers. I was probably one of them. Just figured it out before it was too late. Ive had teachers regurgitate what seemed like stuff from 20 yrs ago just to collect a chk. If you think school is tough here, try elsewhere like where I taught (korea). they know better english grammer than myself or the ave person here. I dont believe Zland bitched about low pay. He just sounds like a professional who is being let down by a system that is allowing students to be dumbed down & the bar of success lowered. thats why there is a mad craze for the best public schools such as those in Irvine, where student expectations are rightfully high.
Old 10-14-2003, 12:35 AM
nbdyfcnsqnc
350Z-holic

Yeah, the more we raise taxes, the worse things get, and the less efficient.

What do we do when taxes are another 10% higher and schools are still failing? And another, and another? That's the road we've been following for generations, and the quality of education (and other services) just keeps declining. The answer is not to tax and spend more, but to restore our own right to decide how to spend our own money, because only we can make the millions of reasonable decisions that are necessary to be most efficient.

As nice as an idea it sounds, government officials are not equipped to decide how to spend billions of dollars to improve our lives. Even if we could put together 12 or 50 or 1000 of the best minds together to decide for us, they can't meet all of the needs of millions of diverse people--"the most diverse people from all of the planets in the world," as Davis once put it.
Old 10-14-2003, 07:46 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Let me clear the air, I am not complaining about pay for myself. I am a committed teacher and I did lower my lifestyle/income level to teach (vs. going into higher paid professions) because I feel teaching our next generation is very important. Maybe some of you do not understand this but to me, teaching is a calling much like being a priest. In my heart, anyone that would go into the priesthood for money is going into it for all the wrong reasons. I feel the same for teaching.

On the other hand, it is sad that young teachers in southern California cannot buy a home in the community they teach in. In Oceanside, we have teachers buying houses in Hemet, over an hours drive away.

I find it interesting that many people feel they are experts about education because they went to school. Does that also mean that you are a master technician on cars because you drive one too?

Public schools have always done a good job with students that value education and have been taught right from wrong at home prior to entering school. Public schools never did well teaching students that were high risk be it the 1930's or 1950's. The problem is now we have a greater amount of high risk students. In the "old days" students dropped out and worked on the farm or a factory. Now they stay in school, disrupt classes and lower test scores. The sad thing is it is impossible to get those factory jobs now with a 9th grade education like the good old days. We as a society prefer to pay for less at Wal-Mart so the Chinese have those jobs.

In my mind, having two parents working outside the home has had a negative affect on our youth as a whole. Remember, this is a generalization but as a whole, it is true. We are paying for it now through our children. Yes, we have nice SUV's, 350Z's, and 3,000 Sq. Ft. houses but the negatives show up in other ways.

FYI, test scores our up in my school district. My school is the 2nd best school in the state compared to like schools with the same social - economics base. I feel schools were at their worst from about 1990-95. They are better now than before. There is more discipline and focus now.

Last edited by zland; 10-14-2003 at 08:09 AM.
Old 10-14-2003, 11:31 AM
nbdyfcnsqnc
350Z-holic

>> On the other hand, it is sad that young teachers in southern California cannot buy a home in the community they teach in.

That's because the state reduces the quality of education in all neighborhoods. If it were up to the people in each neighborhood, they'd pay their teachers closer to what they make, because education is important to people. They'd want the best teachers. If people then complain that inner city schools don't have enough funding,and thought we needed a government program to "fix" that, there would be more money to pay teachers for working there, too.

>> In my heart, anyone that would go into the priesthood for money is going into it for all the wrong reasons. I feel the same for teaching.

But in your mind, you have to realize that anyone who would go into priesthood is menal, and quality teachers won't work for scraps.

>> Public schools have always done a good job with students that value education and have been taught right from wrong at home prior to entering school.

That's not really saying too much. It's like saying school has done a good job of nothing. There's always a small core of motivated students, and they're pretty much the only ones who get anything out of school--what they put into it! So big deal, you can help the people who don't need help. Try helping those who do need help, and we'll have something!

>> In my mind, having two parents working outside the home has had a negative affect on our youth as a whole. Remember, this is a generalization but as a whole, it is true. We are paying for it now through our children.

The reasons both parents have to work these days is to pay for higher taxes. All the other costs are about the same relative to income, but taxes have just about doubled in 30 years.
Old 10-14-2003, 12:55 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

>> On the other hand, it is sad that young teachers in southern California cannot buy a home in the community they teach in.

That's because the state reduces the quality of education in all neighborhoods. If it were up to the people in each neighborhood, they'd pay their teachers closer to what they make, because education is important to people. They'd want the best teachers. If people then complain that inner city schools don't have enough funding,and thought we needed a government program to "fix" that, there would be more money to pay teachers for working there, too.

See Above:
Many people will not pay others good wages. In other words, I want to make $50-200 per hour but pay someone else $7 per hour. If you do not think that is true, listen to people talking on AM radio right now about the retail clerks strike. Even on this forum, people go for cheap prices and then complain if quality service is not provided as well.

>>>> In my heart, anyone that would go into the priesthood for money is going into it for all the wrong reasons. I feel the same for teaching.

But in your mind, you have to realize that anyone who would go into priesthood is menal, and quality teachers won't work for scraps.
Hmm, does that mean that I am not a quality teacher? FYI, most of your private school teachers get paid less than their peers. So according to your own logic, they must be inferior?

>> >> Public schools have always done a good job with students that value education and have been taught right from wrong at home prior to entering school.

That's not really saying too much. It's like saying school has done a good job of nothing. There's always a small core of motivated students, and they're pretty much the only ones who get anything out of school--what they put into it! So big deal, you can help the people who don't need help. Try helping those who do need help, and we'll have something!

See above:
The bottom line is any school, including your beloved private schools have an advantage if they can set their own standards and determine who is enrolled. Private schools charge money, thus the only people willing to pay are those that are willing to appreciate education thus they have instilled those values to their children who are enrolled. So, those schools have a larger group of students that value education. In addition, these types of schools do not have to take special Ed students thus inflate their test scores. Try eliminating the bottom 30% of students from any school and watch how good they look on paper. If you want open competition (I do too!) then level the playing field.

>> In my mind, having two parents working outside the home has had a negative affect on our youth as a whole. Remember, this is a generalization but as a whole, it is true. We are paying for it now through our children.

>> The reasons both parents have to work these days is to pay for higher taxes. All the other costs are about the same relative to income, but taxes have just about doubled in 30 years.
See above:
You have been listening to Rush too long. Yes, taxes are too high but lets be fair. I am against excessive taxes to support individuals as I believe you might be implying but also corporate welfare as well. Why is it Democrats only push welfare for individuals which often does not help than person or our society as a whole? The Republicans, who are just a guilty, promote welfare of a different kind in which benefits are given to corporations.

The global economy has brought has cheaper products (on the backs of 3rd world labor while our middle class and lower middle class lose jobs), higher quality products through competition, but also made companies look at workers as resources (just like raw materials) that are expendable at anytime. They use to say “what is good for GM is good for America” but now what is good for GM is all they are worried about. Gm and other large companies will go to any country to build their products as cheaply as possible. Remember in the 80’s when Mexican GM plants were built as American plants closed? Now they are closing in Mexico and opening those plants in Poland.

I think competition is a good think but there are other issues such as pollution and working conditions. No matter how you look at it, our children are being harmed by not having parents able to spend time raising them.

Last edited by zland; 10-14-2003 at 01:01 PM.
Old 10-14-2003, 01:03 PM
Pit Bull

You could not pay me to live in California the way it is run or is that ruin? Just shows that socialism is more expensive the capitalism.
Old 10-14-2003, 01:25 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

The sad part about it is we are paying people to live in California. That is part of the reason for the state debt.

BTW, did you know that it is illegal to ask someone what their citizenship is when they enroll in school?

I guess it has become the duty of California taxpayers to provide education and medical care for everyone in the world regardless if you are here legally as a foreigner or illegally.

Quick Reply: Gray Davis' CA car tax increase and a new Z