Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Stealership wrecked my car..

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 11:27 AM
Flick Montana

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would just tell them the following. They are going to make the repairs to your car for the damages they caused at no charge. They have a body shop that works for them and they can do the repairs without going through your insurance. There is no reason to notify your insurance company. They are not going to charge you for any of the services your car was there for originally, this is just common courtesy. If you run a restaurant and you spill wine on someone, you don't charge them for dinner. Next, they are going to give you a free rental while the repairs are done. Then, they will complete the repairs in an extremely timely manner and any problems that pop up from the repairs they do will be fixed at no charge and as quickly as possible. Finally, they will file a police report for the accident so that you have something to take to court if need be.

If they say no, get a lawyer.

Last edited by Flick Montana; 04-14-2009 at 11:29 AM.
Old 04-14-2009, 11:37 AM
vthao

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They're responsible for damaging your car while in their hands. Just let them deal with it, they have to replace everything.
Old 04-14-2009, 11:40 AM
coolblue830

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's not really a reason to avoid talking to your own insurance since there's like zero liability on your part. And don't let them repair it, they did enough damage just having the car sit at their property. Because they're the ones that are at fault and by nature of being a stealership they'll try to do the repairs with as little cost to them as possible and skimping wherever possible. Take it to your own shop who you can trust to do the repairs right and have them pay the cost.
Old 04-14-2009, 11:45 AM
Flick Montana

I don't know. I had my car damaged by a company and we let the insurance companies fight it out instead of me just telling them how it was going to be. I ended up having to pay 50% when my insurance rep told me it was my best option. The only other way to do it was to take it to a panel to determine the fault and they said that I would probably lose. I felt shafted and needless to say I left that insurance company.

I got hit while sitting in the median waiting to pull out into traffic and I was 0% at fault. I wasn't even moving...

I don't trust insurance companies because they always screw me.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:05 PM
coolblue830

I honestly cannot see how they would be able to argue anything to get away from the fact they are 100% liable and at fault here. Owner was not even in the vehicle or on the property. And damn right it was possessed, it was in the dealers possession, and on their property, operated by their employees, which means they're responsible for it, ALL OF IT.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:14 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

No photos. No comment.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:21 PM
leg killa

damn...thats sucks but hey we all rooting for you to ***** the stealership up...hate that place...i never go there..lol
Old 04-14-2009, 02:05 PM
Z33_kid

pics of proof
Old 04-14-2009, 06:52 PM
B1nKs
Banned

So I spoke with the dealer again today who advised me that he thinks it is my alarm systems fault (since it's aftermarket) the vehicle is still under warranty with that part so it was obviously acceptable before this incident.

They also requested that I check with Forged Performance where i bought my wheels to get a quote on a new wheel since the one that was damaged is unrepairable. I call Sharrif who informs me the wheel is discontinued and can no longer get that wheel! OMGWTF!@$#% So personally I have 1 of 2 sets of Gold Volk GT-V I've ever seen and now mine is damaged and the wheel is discontinued. I was advised that insurance will probably cover a pair of wheels..so they will give me a front set or a rear set of an equaled value wheel..how do you put a price on priceless !?

He also gave me an offer on a trade in for a 370z..

I owe 26,000 on my 2008 350z at 3.0% financing through Nissan

He offered me a 2009 Base 370z for 29,097 at 6.99% financing for 60 0r 72 months and giving me 21,000 for my car..WTF !?

what does that sound like to everyone else ?
Old 04-14-2009, 06:54 PM
B1nKs
Banned

i also have pics on my blackberry at this time should you really want pics then ill txtmsg them to you or something.
Old 04-14-2009, 06:55 PM
Flick Montana

Originally Posted by B1nKs
Someone trying to stick their dangle in your butthole.

So they will replace 2 of your rims, but not with the ones you currently have? What good is that? Also, uhh, sweet deal on the 370?

Burn the place down.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:12 PM
mclovin.too

Get a lawyer. And you shall win.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:29 PM
B1nKs
Banned

a Lawyer @ 250/hr I believe is the going rate ? Someone wanna foot the bill in the name of Justice !?
Old 04-14-2009, 07:30 PM
welderz

Originally Posted by frbica
get a officer there to take a police report, and enter the video into evidence... stealerships, have video everywhere... that will show if the car is possesed, or if the 18 y.o. rookie grease monkey just couldnt control it...
Get the video from the dealership it is the most important piece of evidence you can have. If they refuse get the police involved and they can make them give it up.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:40 PM
ZU L8R
Viper Sellout

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Since it was right out front of the dealership (as I'm understanding) maybe they got the "possesed" car on video camera???
Old 04-14-2009, 07:43 PM
TreeFiddyZee
Do WHAAAAT!?

Originally Posted by B1nKs
So I spoke with the dealer again today who advised me that he thinks it is my alarm systems fault (since it's aftermarket) the vehicle is still under warranty with that part so it was obviously acceptable before this incident.

They also requested that I check with Forged Performance where i bought my wheels to get a quote on a new wheel since the one that was damaged is unrepairable. I call Sharrif who informs me the wheel is discontinued and can no longer get that wheel! OMGWTF!@$#% So personally I have 1 of 2 sets of Gold Volk GT-V I've ever seen and now mine is damaged and the wheel is discontinued. I was advised that insurance will probably cover a pair of wheels..so they will give me a front set or a rear set of an equaled value wheel..how do you put a price on priceless !?

He also gave me an offer on a trade in for a 370z..

I owe 26,000 on my 2008 350z at 3.0% financing through Nissan

He offered me a 2009 Base 370z for 29,097 at 6.99% financing for 60 0r 72 months and giving me 21,000 for my car..WTF !?

A lousy deal. Get him to throw in the performance package and MAYBE you're getting close. That finance rate is horrid also. My credit union has 4.5% now. They're trying to throw you hugely upside-down and hammering you on the interest rate. (the difference between the 6.99 and 4.5 for 60 months is $42/month. I'd make them fix what you've got and find a wheel somewhere. Even though they're discontinued, I bet somebody still has some.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:51 PM
Sean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

call Nissan North America, a lawyer would be nice...as a cop you must be pals with at least one.

you want replacement parts and money for depreciation of your car

If they don't know you are a cop, don't let them know....wait till you deal wit hthem for the last time like to pick up your check and at that point wear the uniform....

If you go to court, you could wear it there as well.....

They could become aware of this thread though...so be cautious.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:54 PM
mclovin.too

A lawyer that hears your story, their eyes will light up. Should be easy an W for you & them.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:02 PM
foreveryoung

You all can be as pissed off as you want but the fact is,accidents happen beyond our control.Thats why we all have insurance.The dealership is in an unenviable situation but does not really owe you anything short of an apology.It cracks me up when people think they deserve everything under the sun when their car gets damaged while in someone elses care.OP,if you are indeed a cop,this shouldn't be news to you.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:13 PM
06z33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Make sure and YOU talk to your insurance also. The dealership is going to try and pull some 50/50 ********. I've been through this before with the MTA and my friend has been through this with his dealership. We both got our money but dont leave it all up to them and their insurance or you will get screwed.

Quick Reply: Stealership wrecked my car..