2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Stealership wrecked my car..

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 06:02 PM
B1nKs
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stealership wrecked my car..

Stealership wrecked my car into a curb and a Maxima today..that was nice of them.

I took my 2008 350z to the stealership this morning because it threw a check engine soon light on the dash a couple days ago. I dropped it off and left them my key and alarm remote. The car has been there 2 times already for routine things like oil changes. I have a Viper 5701 LE which is equipped with a Failsafe Starter Kill option for standard vehicles. Apparently the check engine light was thrown by a Catalytic converter that had gone wrong. They had to order the converter and advised me it would take three days to get and I advised the dealership that i would pick my car up and bring it back when the part arrived. I advised them that the only problem was that I did not get off work until 6pm and they closed at that time in the service center. Stealership advised me that they would park it up front at the sales department which is open until 8pm. I get a call later in the day from the GM of the stealership who advised me that after parking the vehicle up front the vehicle became, what he described as, "possessed" and started lurching forward and curb checked the ***** out of my new, in from japan thanks to Forged Performance, VOLK GT-V wheel on the front passenger side along with tearing the tire up too. They proceeded to inform me that it kept going for approximately 50ft. (when I saw how far it moved that was the approximate distance I'm guessing) into a 2009 Maxima. The Maxima received very little damage since I have no front license plate on my vehicle. Unfortunately for me that Maxima did and it tore my front bumper up. I have a 3M clear bra on my car and it helped some but now I'm going to have to replace that as well it seems(or the dealership will). The GM advised me he wanted my insurance information and advised that the stealership insurance company would be calling my insurance company and the two insurance company's would be hashing this out.

What does everyone here think about the situation and I just need some advice. Questions are welcome and I will be keeping up with this thread closely. If this is in the wrong section I'm sorry and please pm me with where it is moved. Thank you !

I was hoping I could get a trade straight up for a 370z haha
Old 04-13-2009, 06:04 PM
kyx4n

get aftermarket bumper?
Old 04-13-2009, 06:09 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,306 Likes on 1,661 Posts

It was in their care, its going to get covered by their business insuarance
Old 04-13-2009, 06:12 PM
SharpShooter23

^^^^ +1 You had no liability over your car since it was in the dearlerships hands. Don't sweat it, they will pay.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:15 PM
Gibbs
Know it all

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What dealership is this? I don't want to go there!
Old 04-13-2009, 06:19 PM
B1nKs
Banned

Gulf Coast Nissan. I'm a cop and I may try to push the envelope and get them for Fail to Report because they didn't even call the local PD which I feel they should have done when they are going to report it to insurance so the insurance has something to go off of. Hehe I dunno though.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:21 PM
kham25

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by B1nKs
Stealership wrecked my car into a curb and a Maxima today..that was nice of them.

I took my 2008 350z to the stealership this morning because it threw a check engine soon light on the dash a couple days ago. I dropped it off and left them my key and alarm remote. The car has been there 2 times already for routine things like oil changes. I have a Viper 5701 LE which is equipped with a Failsafe Starter Kill option for standard vehicles. Apparently the check engine light was thrown by a Catalytic converter that had gone wrong. They had to order the converter and advised me it would take three days to get and I advised the dealership that i would pick my car up and bring it back when the part arrived. I advised them that the only problem was that I did not get off work until 6pm and they closed at that time in the service center. Stealership advised me that they would park it up front at the sales department which is open until 8pm. I get a call later in the day from the GM of the stealership who advised me that after parking the vehicle up front the vehicle became, what he described as, "possessed" and started lurching forward and curb checked the ***** out of my new, in from japan thanks to Forged Performance, VOLK GT-V wheel on the front passenger side along with tearing the tire up too. They proceeded to inform me that it kept going for approximately 50ft. (when I saw how far it moved that was the approximate distance I'm guessing) into a 2009 Maxima. The Maxima received very little damage since I have no front license plate on my vehicle. Unfortunately for me that Maxima did and it tore my front bumper up. I have a 3M clear bra on my car and it helped some but now I'm going to have to replace that as well it seems(or the dealership will). The GM advised me he wanted my insurance information and advised that the stealership insurance company would be calling my insurance company and the two insurance company's would be hashing this out.

What does everyone here think about the situation and I just need some advice. Questions are welcome and I will be keeping up with this thread closely. If this is in the wrong section I'm sorry and please pm me with where it is moved. Thank you !

I was hoping I could get a trade straight up for a 370z haha
Do not give your insurance information!!!. The damage is the dealers responsibility not yours....
I've been through this on my Lexus. The valet at the dealership made a sharp right turn in the edge of a wall destroying my passenger rear door. He also scraped up my new wheels that i purchased 1 week before as well.. They not only fixed the damages but gave me a new RX 350 to pimp around for 2 weeks.. They also purchased a new rear wheel
Old 04-13-2009, 06:21 PM
foreveryoung

S%#T happens
Old 04-13-2009, 06:22 PM
shezzzhot
Abzolutely Zexy

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Possessed huh?!! Muahahahah u are getting paid!

Sorry about your car though, they should all be flogged.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:32 PM
Chromex319

Lawsuitsaflying
Old 04-13-2009, 06:37 PM
B1nKs
Banned

Public Flogging would be good news haha. I did not receive a rental..yet..but hopefully i will cause i got work for the next forever.

The thing that gets me is I will be paying on a New Clean Title priced vehicle when the vehicle will show Wrecked/Damaged in a carfax report when i go to trade or sell the vehicle..AND I DIDN'T EVEN DO THE DAMAGE ! I really think the fair thing to do would be let my insurance fix the vehicle and then the dealership give me an amazing deal on a trade in.

The GM also tried to tell me that this may go against me on my insurance and that my insurance may go up. I almost kicked him in the nuts at that point for even thinking he was getting away with this.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:49 PM
KS0385

Lawer up. Or threaten to. They start throwing in free sh*t after that.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:03 PM
B1nKs
Banned

I was hoping a dealship sponsor (I think West Covina is one ? I'm not sure but I see that name on here a lot) would chime in with what is a reasonable expectation.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:13 PM
freedonutss

Dont give them your insurance information. Seriously, DONT. This was under their care and business have insurance for situations like this. If they threaten you dont cave in. It is their fault 100%. I also wouldnt advise trying to work out some kind of deal with trade in because in the end they might rip you off. Hence why your calling them a stealership. I would just let them fix all the damages, get you a new wheel and then pay you for value depreciation.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:20 PM
Flick Montana

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't have any advice or anything as I'm not too keen on legal stuff. However, I will be following this thread as it has major potential. I seriously hope these guys aren't trying to pass off their blatantly moronic handling of your car as an accident for which you may have to deal with the repercussions.
Sean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you buy it from them? Tell the GM you don't want to drive a ''possesed" car, it is surely unsafe and you want your money back.
dmplaya786

if they wont give u a new car tell them to throw in some upgrades on your z
Old 04-13-2009, 07:28 PM
El Primo Z

LMAO **** them. Take them for all they got before they try to do it to you.
Old 04-13-2009, 07:44 PM
TreeFiddyZee
Do WHAAAAT!?

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Possessed? What a bunch of horse crap. Do they have any idea what a parking brake is for? Most dealers and other car places have this annoying habit of putting the car in gear and leaving the parking brake off. I'm guessing that's what they did to your car and it slipped out of gear. I'd definitely get ahold of your insurance company and throw up a red flag so they know what happened. You are in NO way responsible for this.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:57 PM
PV350Z
Banned

Gulf coast is right down the street from me.....they never see my z ever...

Quick Reply: Stealership wrecked my car..