Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Stealership wrecked my car..

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 06:12 PM
foreveryoung

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well like the OP,you or I weren't on the premises either so in fact we don't know anything.I have no doubt that someone at the dealer could be responsible but seeing as the OP isn't even piping up on this,Who the f@$k are you to just assume.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:17 PM
Three Fifty Z

Originally Posted by 07_350z_JP
wow people lack reading comprehension skills.

He was not GIVEN a 370z. He was lowballed offer to trade his Z and then they would DOUBLE his interest rate. Only thing he is getting is more Bulls h it
hey smart guy with comprehension skills check this out

Originally Posted by B1nKs
So Gulf Coast Nissan righted their wrong. I am completely out from under my 350Z and into a new 370Z. I got out the door for under 29k and my monthly payments are less than they were on the 350Z ! Got me a great financing deal and i get all my aftermarket stuff off of my 350z and they are replacing the busted wheel ! So I'm happy.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:20 PM
Three Fifty Z

Originally Posted by Ryan18Bailey
They didn't GIVE him a 370z...
they sold him one, his payments are smaller than what he payed for his 350z
Old 04-20-2009, 06:43 PM
xsupan0va

Originally Posted by foreveryoung
Still wondering about this possessed car thing.Also I never once said the OP should be responsible for his own repairs.Seems like a lot of people on here Like to talk before they actually read.No wonder some of you hate dealers.They problably hate you too.
lol YOU should read before you type something.
OP should have 0% responsibility. 0 should come out of his and his insurance's pockets.
And there is no such thing as possessed car. Just some shady a$$ dealer's lame excuse. OP's car got ****ed up in HIS care. Yet he still had the audacity to lowball OP.
Incidents like this makes alot of people hate dealers.
and yes..
They problably hate you too
Old 04-20-2009, 06:44 PM
coolblue830

Well like the OP,you or I weren't on the premises either so in fact we don't know anything.I have no doubt that someone at the dealer could be responsible but seeing as the OP isn't even piping up on this,Who the f@$k are you to just assume.
actually you're wrong there. We do know something. We know he drops off his Z that was fine other than the problem that he was bringing it in there to fix and afterwards he shows up and both the car and wheels are damaged. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to assume who's at fault here.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:44 PM
foreveryoung

All this over a buggered wheel and a dented bumper.Unfreekinreal.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:50 PM
Three Fifty Z

All this over a buggered wheel and a dented bumper.Unfreekinreal.
If the wheel was wrecked to the point where it became irreparable, there's is a chance his suspension is messed up, too. You work at a dealership? Do you know anything about cars?
Old 04-20-2009, 06:51 PM
foreveryoung

Originally Posted by xsupan0va
lol YOU should read before you type something.
OP should have 0% responsibility. 0 should come out of his and his insurance's pockets.
And there is no such thing as possessed car. Just some shady a$$ dealer's lame excuse. OP's car got ****ed up in HIS care. Yet he still had the audacity to lowball OP.
Incidents like this makes alot of people hate dealers.
and yes..
Show me where I said the repairs should come out of the OP's pocket or out of his insurance.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:56 PM
Three Fifty Z

Show me where I said the repairs should come out of the OP's pocket or out of his insurance.
You didn't say that, but you said this:

The dealership is in an unenviable situation but does not really owe you anything short of an apology.
Makes it looks like you might be, just might be siding with the dealership.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:58 PM
foreveryoung

Originally Posted by Three Fifty Z
If the wheel was wrecked to the point where it became irreparable, there's is a chance his suspension is messed up, too. You work at a dealership? Do you know anything about cars?
You can scrape a Volk against a curb and wreck it beyond repair.Maybe you want to check out the original post.The Maxima that got hit was barely damaged,something to do with licence plate bolts.I doubt if the front of the Z was "destroyed" so we aren't talking a high speed collison here.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:06 PM
foreveryoung

Originally Posted by Three Fifty Z
You didn't say that, but you said this:

Makes it looks like you might be, just might be siding with the dealership.
Well read it as you want but I was refering to the posts about the dealership giving away body kits and new cars etc.because they damaged his car.I also went on to say that the dealer is insured for this type of situation and once the car is properly repaired,an apology and maybe something else as a goodwill guesture is about all one could expect.If the dealer is being unscrupulous,then yeah,F$@k them over but don't Blame all dealers for the actions of one employee or an honest mistake.The OP,were ever he went seemed pretty happy with the outcome of his deal so was the dealer really that bad? Who knows.
t
Old 04-20-2009, 07:41 PM
xsupan0va

Well read it as you want but I was refering to the posts about the dealership giving away body kits and new cars etc.because they damaged his car.I also went on to say that the dealer is insured for this type of situation and once the car is properly repaired,an apology and maybe something else as a goodwill guesture is about all one could expect.If the dealer is being unscrupulous,then yeah,F$@k them over but don't Blame all dealers for the actions of one employee or an honest mistake.The OP,were ever he went seemed pretty happy with the outcome of his deal so was the dealer really that bad? Who knows.
t
hey man didnt really mean to lash out at you like that.
I reread some of OP's posts. Even though he wasnt happy in the beginning he was satisfied with what he got plus his aftermarket pieces.
You said that car repair, apology, and maybe something else as good will gesture is all that is needed.
IMO the something else should be very substantial since the value of the car goes down even if its a minor accident.
We shouldnt blame all dealers for the actions of 1 but it does make consumers more skeptical and less willing to trust any dealer though
Old 04-20-2009, 08:08 PM
foreveryoung

If the value of the car is decreased because of major damage,yes a good dealer should take that into consideration.If its just a wheel or a front bumper repaint,the value of the car would likely not be affected.Heck,most 350" have had a front bumper repaint for rock chips.don't forget,if you get in an accident of your own,your fault or not,basicaaly you get what you get from the insurance company(usually a mark on the carfax).People on here are very passionate about their cars and thats great but the average consumer looks at a car as transportation and honestly don't get too wound up about minor damage that may happen at their repair shop.Notice I said repair shop.This stuff happens at many other shops besides dealers.
Old 04-21-2009, 07:32 AM
angelzhope720

i dont think people are understanding that he has a 2 way alarm with a remote start so one of the goofs at the stealership accidentally turned the car on via remote while in gear and the car lurked forward
Old 04-21-2009, 07:56 AM
Flick Montana

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think people understand exactly that and that is why we said the dealership owed him for wrecking his car. It was not some act of God accident, it was them not doing their jobs properly.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:02 AM
Three Fifty Z

Originally Posted by Flick Montana
I think people understand exactly that and that is why we said the dealership owed him for wrecking his car. It was not some act of God accident, it was them not doing their jobs properly.
Seriously.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:05 AM
Silkfiveseven

Originally Posted by JasonZ-YA
DUDE the same crap happened to me.......dealership messed up my car while in their hands/care.

1. Don't buy another car from these guys....are you kidding me, do you actually believe your gonna get a great deal out of a car from a dealership that just wrecked your car, lied to your face, then even if they pay every dime to fix your car, your gonna turn around and give them the business of another car.........c-mon, when do they ever lose out on a sale, sure it may have a discount, but your gonna get screwed over....

2. like mentioned by phreakedout - call your insurance RIGHT NOW! tell them it wasnt your fault, dont make it a one sided story - it probably already is since the dealership was quick to want to get your insurance info........call call call........cause i wouldnt put it past them to have looked in your car to get your insurance info if you never gave it to them..........call your insurance and make sure they know what happend........

also, you call the cops, on duty cops, have them make a report and get that leverage on your side....dont do it yourself obviously.

3. Stay on top of it, you pick the body shop, you pick the parts ordered, you make sure who fixes and repairs your car.

4. get a rental out of it all.

5. show them who's boss with out raising the stress levels/politely.........man up..

6. Don't sign anything!!!! at least with out a lawyer........

I sent my car in for routine service one time at a san antonio, texas dealership - Gunn Nissan. They had a new guy that was always screwing things up. well he lowered my car from the lift and instead of having a "spotter" as per policy he reversed my car off the lift and one of the lift arms caught my front OEM bumper and ripped it the hell off.........

dealership never called me......just lied and told me they didnt get a chance to finish my work.........i should have known something was up.........i show up the next day to find that my car had a new Oem bumper installed and fresh painted a flat white, that didnt match for sheit the oem pikes peak white..........it was tooth paste white in comparison......horrible....

they wanted me to sign all kinds of papers, wanted me to take my car home while they "ordered another bumper" ..

I told them hell no.......im not signing crap! they did the 5 managers on one thing and tried to over power me......i told them all to f-k off and to have my new bumper over nighted, painted and ready for install asap.........i demanded a rental, even though i didn't need one........i made them pay for full insurance on the rental too........

I picked the shop that painted my new bumper, had them replace the underliner and wheel well liner as well since it had torn out holes.........

your in the same situation........make them give you what you want.....need...
-J

DAM haha you get what you need. joining forums and reading a year before buying car is worth it
Old 04-21-2009, 06:36 PM
foreveryoung

Originally Posted by angelzhope720
i dont think people are understanding that he has a 2 way alarm with a remote start so one of the goofs at the stealership accidentally turned the car on via remote while in gear and the car lurked forward
Thats kinda what I thought to begin with but the Op never brought that up.It is very possible this happened.Who said the dealership guy was a goof? Did the OP tell anyone he had this or did he bother to disable it.If no one knew about it,you can hardly blame the dealer.It does sound like this is a pretty good alarm/remote system he had so you would think it had a neutral switch kinda thing but who knows.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:45 PM
NateZ08

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by B1nKs
Gulf Coast Nissan. I'm a cop and I may try to push the envelope and get them for Fail to Report because they didn't even call the local PD which I feel they should have done when they are going to report it to insurance so the insurance has something to go off of. Hehe I dunno though.
Go to Mossy Nissan. They always do great work and are usually quick about it. Never any screw ups with them personally. Located off I-10 between Kirkwood and Dairy Ashford.
Old 04-25-2009, 12:33 PM
radman159

This Stealership is were I bought mine they are crooks. I know from personal experiance op should have taken them to court and then the cleaners.

Quick Reply: Stealership wrecked my car..