Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Stealership wrecked my car..

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 03:45 PM
xsupan0va

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by foreveryoung
Of course we go out of our way to make things right but we don't open the parts dept doors for a free for all or give away new cars.If your car got clipped by someone in my parking lot or at the mall parking lot,there is no difference.THATS WHY YOU BUY INSURANCE.If we damage it,and lets be reaslistic.i'm not talking totaling a car,I'm talking about incidents like the OP stated here to begin with,WTF makes you think we should just give you a new car,or hundreds of dollars worth of what ever.Hell,if someone runs into you on the street,you don't have any more rights other than your insurance coverage.Most normal people are happy enought to get the car back repaired properly,with an apology for the inconvieneince and life goes on.I have never lost a customer when handled politely and promply.I have "tossed a few thru the door" for being totally unreasonable,like we just killed their firstborn.
stop the BS and just answer spork's question.
tell us the name of your dealership
I want to see if that phantom car is on sale
Old 04-19-2009, 03:51 PM
mclovin.too

Guess you did what the dealer wanted you to do...
Old 04-19-2009, 04:40 PM
foreveryoung

[QUOTE=keptman;7225411]Maybe your right, but if your car is damaged and the dealer wants you to pay for the damages to your car. Who said anything about the owner paying for damage the dealer did.The dealer has insurance for this and repairs would be made under the dealers policy if in fact it was the dealer employees fault.Lets not forget this whole thread started over some possessed car claim that it moved all by itself.The Op has never told us the whole story about that.Then the rest of the bright stars on here start demanding everything from free body kits to new cars because of some minor collison.Heres a senario.The car has a manual trans and anaftermarket remote start but no neutral switch.No one knows this,the car is parked in gear.Someone hits the remote start button and the car starts in gear and runs into something.Who's at fault??
Old 04-19-2009, 04:54 PM
SirSpeedyZ

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by terrasmak
It was in their care, its going to get covered by their business insuarance
Old 04-19-2009, 08:30 PM
Flick Montana

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 04-19-2009, 10:30 PM
tanabe350z

the simple fact is this they had your car. it was damaged under their care. by law they have to pay for it not you.

case closed
Old 04-20-2009, 05:06 AM
Three Fifty Z

Of course we go out of our way to make things right but we don't open the parts dept doors for a free for all or give away new cars.If your car got clipped by someone in my parking lot or at the mall parking lot,there is no difference.THATS WHY YOU BUY INSURANCE.If we damage it,and lets be reaslistic.i'm not talking totaling a car,I'm talking about incidents like the OP stated here to begin with,WTF makes you think we should just give you a new car,or hundreds of dollars worth of what ever.Hell,if someone runs into you on the street,you don't have any more rights other than your insurance coverage.Most normal people are happy enought to get the car back repaired properly,with an apology for the inconvieneince and life goes on.I have never lost a customer when handled politely and promply.I have "tossed a few thru the door" for being totally unreasonable,like we just killed their firstborn.
Ugh, what? You're working at the dealership, I drop my car off for service, you get into it and wreck it, and I should be responsible/use my insurance to pay for it? Are you retarded?

Plus, his rim was damaged to the point that it couldn't be repaired, which won't happen if someone just "clips" the car, someone got in his car and was being a douche bag, driving it like it was theirs. He should definitely be reimbursed to the fullest, because his car is not new anymore, its a car that has been wrecked by some idiot, and guess what? Now it has lost a lot of its value, why? because of someone's lack of professionalism. Also no matter how good someone fixes it, there's always going to be a difference in paint color/orange peel to some extent. A wrecked car is a wrecked car and it won't be the same as it was when it rolled off the production line. And then after causing him all this trouble/heartache you will tell him that he should responsible for all of this? That's hilarious. Like ****ing hell the dealer should give him a new car, because the dealer ****ed his current one up.

In the mall parking lot, the mall employees don't get it into and drive it, like they do at the dealership, but if they did and wrecked it they WOULD be responsible for it. I don't even see how it makes sense in your mind to compare the mall to the dealership.

PS. You wreck my car, and I should pay for it? ****ing lol.

EDIT: And don't tell me the car got suddenly possessed and hit something so hard that the rim is now irreparable.

Last edited by Three Fifty Z; 04-20-2009 at 05:10 AM.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:23 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by tanabe350z
the simple fact is this they had your car. it was damaged under their care. by law they have to pay for it not you.

case closed

-j
Old 04-20-2009, 08:57 AM
tanabe350z

if they are going to push the matter and try to get you to pay it, take them to court. you are in no way responsible for the actions done to your car by a dealership. a secondly it couldn't have just rolled to do the amount of damage to the rim they say it did. i bet someone hit a curb doing something stupid. if they keep on this path they are on take them to court get your damages fixed and be done with that dealership.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:26 AM
AdvanZ33
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 189 Likes on 102 Posts

I didn't feel like reading the 6 pages prior to see if this was brought up, but don't most dealerships have cameras in and around their showrooms?
Old 04-20-2009, 10:38 AM
Three Fifty Z

Originally Posted by tanabe350z
if they are going to push the matter and try to get you to pay it, take them to court. you are in no way responsible for the actions done to your car by a dealership. a secondly it couldn't have just rolled to do the amount of damage to the rim they say it did. i bet someone hit a curb doing something stupid. if they keep on this path they are on take them to court get your damages fixed and be done with that dealership.
ugh, they gave him a 370z
Old 04-20-2009, 11:20 AM
d1mon3k

yeah, he opened this thread for some help. People came flying in to give great words of advice. He said he settled for a new 370z. And now he won't even tell us the f'n details of his new car and we are still in here talkin' about stupid bullsh!t. later
Old 04-20-2009, 11:29 AM
Flick Montana

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

He got a 370Z, an air freshener and a handjob in his new car. We all hope he is very happy.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:46 AM
07_350z_JP

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by B1nKs;
what do yall think about contacting consumer affairs He also gave me an offer on a trade in for a 370z..

I owe 26,000 on my 2008 350z at 3.0% financing through Nissan

He offered me a 2009 Base 370z for 29,097 at 6.99% financing for 60 0r 72 months and giving me 21,000 for my car..WTF !??

wow people lack reading comprehension skills.

He was not GIVEN a 370z. He was lowballed offer to trade his Z and then they would DOUBLE his interest rate. Only thing he is getting is more Bulls h it

Last edited by 07_350z_JP; 04-20-2009 at 11:51 AM.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:47 AM
tanabe350z

hahah they really did give him a 370 thats sweet, yeah they must have wrecked it i guess they were saving face lol
Old 04-20-2009, 12:25 PM
Ryan18Bailey
JealousZ

They didn't GIVE him a 370z...
Old 04-20-2009, 01:37 PM
xsupan0va

take him to court or spread the news on a popular blog site. that will definitely make something better than that lowball offer come out of that b1tchazz dealer's mouth
Old 04-20-2009, 01:50 PM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

they are making profit on the mistake still, I am sure.

bink, I would love to hear the rest of the detail. what did they give you in trade in for your Z? what did the new Z cost, what interest rate? please be honest with us and don't try to save face, I just want to hear if they are making money off of you or not (and in the end it DOESN'T MATTER if you're happy with the deal)

just because his monthly note is lower does not mean he got a good deal. for all we know they gave him a lengthy contract to make that work.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:49 PM
foreveryoung

Still wondering about this possessed car thing.Also I never once said the OP should be responsible for his own repairs.Seems like a lot of people on here Like to talk before they actually read.No wonder some of you hate dealers.They problably hate you too.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:57 PM
coolblue830

Still wondering about this possessed car thing.Also I never once said the OP should be responsible for his own repairs.Seems like a lot of people on here Like to talk before they actually read.No wonder some of you hate dealers.They problably hate you too.
Yes we're all wondering about the possessed car thing, because that was the DEALER's stupid excuse of a story. OP wasn't even on the premises and the car was in the care of the dealer the whole time it happened. Let's see... who shall we blame... I'm thinking the dealer. There are a ton of reasons to come back from the afterlife, and I'd like to think that wrecking 350z's and Volk wheels are at the bottom of the list.

Quick Reply: Stealership wrecked my car..